Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

7 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I think you’reΒ missing two pages, aren’t you?

omg you're right, I did this very late last nightΒ :biblio:

Spoiler

Β 

If you lie down, lie next to me
Lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie

Β 

is very similar to

Β 

Like an American
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Β 

Β 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I'll just say it.

Blue Banisters is my favorite Lana album.

It feels like the curation of a poetry collection that we've never seen before andΒ echoesΒ her entire career,Β maybe even sacrifices the older versions of herself to some extent. Long gone are theΒ visions of grandeur, Los Angeles illusions,Β the obsession,Β and what we have is a stripped Lana that's not only her most authentic but confessional. Her focus here isΒ simple but chaotic, poetic but nonlinear. It's what you see is what you get.The songs she wrote throughout that never saw the daylight (Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend) are here andΒ I truly believe she always wanted to release music like this. Perhaps, she knew that she would one day. So, on that note, Blue Banisters is the beginning of something really new and, as a fan who saw her in January 2013 at an intimate Soho House NY performance for the first and throughout her career (18 times), I feel extremely moved and proud of her for the steps she's taking in her music.

She is a woman with grace and strength. I'm proud to say I'm a fan til this day.

4 minutes ago, West Coast said:

omg you're right, I did this very late last nightΒ :biblio:

I thought so, bc I remember seeing some other pictures.

When you can, couldΒ you scan them? No hurries thoΒ 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

31 minutes ago, sjatib said:
Β  Hide contents

Been listening to the album more carefully since yesterday. It's her weirdest, most chaotic one, undoubtedly. Still her most organic and aesthetically cohesive up there with HM and Ultraviolence too, though. Her most mature, honest lyrics as well, may people like them more or less.Β 

Β 

About the critics, they probably will go on and give it some mediocre score as they have done with all of her best (yes, I dont think NFR belongs to that category), and say some cringy stuff about how it is "good but not on NFR -hEr TrUE MaStErPiEcE-Β level" or something on that vein.

Β 

Anyway, she's given us another treasure to hold dearly and keep carefully. Thanks, again, Lana, for the inmense beauty.

Β 

Β 

Spilled.Β :true:

2 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I thought so, bc I remember seeing some other pictures.

When you can, couldΒ you scan them? No hurries thoΒ 

When I get home later on, I probably did scan those two pages, just forgot to put them in my imgur file.Β :facepalm:

1 hour ago, West Coast said:
Β  Reveal hidden contents

I was also asked by a few people about what the booklet looked like. I know the album isn't technically out everywhere, but since I legally purchased the album I decided to give this a go andΒ scanned the whole thing:

Β  Hide contents

ByWwy02.jpg
6twFvkD.jpg

xFhWcl1.jpg
BBWxP3m.jpg

SJMzZ7U.jpg
AZ6LePU.jpg

Β  Hide contents

Credits:

Β  Hide contents

K0WrlwF.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Some of these credits are super surprising :um2:

Spoiler
  • Lana credited for the horn arrangements on If You Lie Down With Me TOOOOOOOT
  • Fabrizio Argiolas not credited at all for Cherry Blossom or Nectar of the Gods (maybe they just recorded in his studio and he had nothing to do with it?)
  • I thought I read somewhere than Dan Heath produced a track . . .
  • Drew credited as piano on Sweet Carolina, but Rob is also?
  • Cherry Blossom credits Barrie andΒ Rick Knowles for the piano? Maybe they wrote the parts but didn't record them? But kinda weird to not correctly attribute with anΒ 'arranged' in the credit.

Β 

3lfQEhw.png

7 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Some of these credits are super surprising :um2:

Β  Hide contents
  • Lana credited for the horn arrangements on If You Lie Down With Me TOOOOOOOT
  • Fabrizio Argiolas not credited at all for Cherry Blossom or Nectar of the Gods (maybe they just recorded in his studio and he had nothing to do with it?)
  • I thought I read somewhere than Dan Heath produced a track . . .
  • Drew credited as piano on Sweet Carolina, but Rob is also?
  • Cherry Blossom credits Barrie andΒ Rick Knowles for the piano?

Β 

Β 

Spoiler

Lana being a maestro is one of her many hidden talents.Β :true:
Her credits are always a bit of a surprise.Β 

Β 

Spoiler

so i'm really loving this album. it's really stunning. i just think the tracklist is a little jankyΒ :blush3:

so this is the first time i'm gonna re-arrange the tracks of a lana album. she usually does this so perfectly that changing it feels like sacrilegeΒ 

Β 

1) The Trio

2) Dealer

3) Text Book

4) Blue Banisters

5) Nectar of the Gods

6) Cherry Blossom

7) Arcadia

8) Wildflower Wildfire

9) Thunder

10) Living Legend

11) Black Bathing Suit

12) Violets For Roses

13) Sweet Carolina

14) Beautiful

15) If You Lie Down With Me

Β 

considering these songs are from so many different sessions and periods of her life, it's hard to really put this track list in an order to depict some sort of "story"

Β 

so i chose this order cause it just feels more sonically cohesive to listen to them in this order (for me personally)Β 

Β 

especially with The Trio being so.... different from everything on the album. it only made sense for it to be an intro for me. i know this breaks the theme of the title track being either number 1 or 2, but.......

alsoΒ Lie Down With Me-- that old timey record player 1930s vibe instrumentalΒ outro is sooo wonderful and beautiful, makes it feel like an appropriate and optimistic happy way to end the album.Β 

Β 

do you guys think the track list order is perfect like all of her other albums? or does this feel a little disjointed for others as well?

Β 

still looooove the album though. a silly track list order won't change that.

Β 

Β 

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you canΒ stream my new single, "The Prophecy"Β :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.Β  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

Spoiler

What I love about this album is that the 2nd part is just as strong as the 1st one (hi, Chemtrails). Dealer between the parts is just perfect and gives the album a great climax.

Β