Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

My thoughts on The Trio:

Spoiler

At first it felt very out of place, but now I love it. Blue Banisters and Arcadia put me in a very relaxed kind of mood. They're so ethereal and I kind of get lost in them, but The Trio hits and completely changes up my state of mind and does a very good job of getting me ready for the beautiful chaos that is BBS.

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

Has it already been discussed that BBS is officially avaible on iTunes? Or did I mess up my library again :rip:

Spoiler

26-FD37-F8-F3-B2-42-B3-B757-B036-AE80-F5

edit: nvm it‘s probaly just my phone, so ignore this post

Edit: maybe a sign that‘s the song she will perform next friday :hooker:

Just now, COCC said:

Has it already been discussed that BBS is officially avaible on iTunes? Or did I mess up my library again :rip:

Hide contents

26-FD37-F8-F3-B2-42-B3-B757-B036-AE80-F5

It's not available on mine.

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

13 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I hope she performs Thunder or Arcadia with a full orchestra and SCALPS EVERYONE WHO WAS CRITICIZING HER SNL PERFORMANCE.

THIS IS HER REVENGE.

Second this. I want her to do the whole album with a full orchestra tbh 

Noone will read it, but I'll try a first ranking

Spoiler

01. Text Book
02. Thunder (if it wasn't so washed out, it would definitly be spot one)
03.Wildflower Wildfire
04. Nectar Of The Gods
05. Living Legend
06. Dealer
07. Cherry Blossom
08. If You Lay Down With Me
09. Violets For Roses
10. Blue Banisters
11. Arcadia
12. Beautiful
13. Black Bathing Suit
14. Sweet Caroline

Not gonan rank the interlude

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The best PR move would be to do a Dealer live performance. Together with Miles Kane of course, they'd really shock an audience who was probably expecting "a Lana Del Rey snoozefest" and would do rounds on Twitter and maybe even TikTok.

Not only is the song really really good, and different, it also fits with the "revenge" theme she's going for. Dishing out THOSE vocals when the public is still hung up on that SNL performance...wow. It would most certainly get some kind of buzz.

4 minutes ago, Volta said:
  Hide contents

The singles are my low points on the album minus title track honestly

Not when Wildflower Wildfire is the most intricate thing she's ever written, no.

Spoiler

i remember the day the album leaked someone called the outro part of iyldwm "circus sounds" and now i can't unhear it every time i listen to the song :thumb2:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, KingJay said:
  Hide contents

My ratings and thoughts of the songs so far;

1. Textbook 10/10 (I love this song, it was an instant classic for me since the first listen and just keeps getting better and better with time. I love the instrumental it gives me like a dark scary 1970s slasher film vibe lol. Idk how to explain it, but I love it. The intro to this song could not be any better, the ambient sounds with like crickets and other noises sets the vibe, and then the beat starts to come in, chefs kiss)

2. Blue Banisters 10/10 (I will be honest, when this song was first released, I think it was my least favorite out of the 3 songs released, It's just that from the snippet we got I expected it to be a bit more, instrumental wise, BUT OMG it has become one of my favorite songs ever. The lyrics I can relate to them so much, because I'm healing from a terrible break up where I lost everything, and I'm hoping for things to get better, My brothers girlfriend just gave birth today and every time that part comes on I just get this beautiful feeling of hope. The melody is gorgeous as well)

3. Arcadia 9/10 (Beautiful song, great lyrics, the melody is gorgeous)

4. Interlude - The Trio 5/10 (This one is a bit complicated for me, because I love when Lana is on these type of trap/hip-hip? type of beats. Like I love Summer Bummer, but I think the reason why I don't like this as much is because it would have been obviously better as a full song or with some vocals by her, because I feel like Lanas voice is an instrument and she blends so well with the instrumental she uses. So either this could have been replaced by another song or something. For now, for me it just sounds out of place)

5. Black Bathing Suit 9/10 (Another great song, I love those weird vocals that she does towards the end of the song. I love when Lana uses her voice in weird and different ways, because Lana may not be a power vocalist but she has an amazing voice and can do so much with it. I love the ambient sounds in the background, I hear crows? not sure lol and some other sound. I love the melody this song is so sweet, the drums in parts of the chorus threw me off a bit, but it's something that will definitely grow on me, the prechorus? is so sweet and then when the verse kicks back in ooof, an eargasm lol)

6. If You Lie Down With Me 10/10 (I love this song so much, it reminds me of "on our way" that has always been one of my favorite unreleased songs. I love the instrumental, the lyrics everything about this song. I'm not great at naming instruments that I hear in songs lol, but I love those instruments at the end of the song. It sounds like something from the 40s-50s? lol idk. Great song tho

7. Beautiful 10/10 (I really like this song, I love when she sings "I can turn blue into something beautiful" or something along those lines lol. I really like the message of the song as well, of just wanting to be who you want to be and finding someone that will love you and accept you for who you are. At least that's what I'm getting from this song. The melody is gorgeous as well. Now I've been seeing that there is a different version of this song? I honestly don't know. I've just been listening to the version that is 3:35. Would love to hear the other version tho.)

8. Violets for Roses 8 /10 (I hope I don't get dragged lol, but this is probably one of my least favorite songs off the album, with that being said, it's still a pretty song. but cute next to gorgeous, well you know the rest lol. It's still good, but it's the bartender of the album so far for me :p lol, maybe it will grow on me, because well even my least favorite Lana songs always end up growing on me)

9. Dealer 10/10 (She ****ing did what she had to ****ing do with this song, I'm so glad that she saved this song for now and removed it from COCC(I love COCC btw), but it definitely fits in way better on this album. Man, what can I say about this song? It's definitely top tier from her whole discography. IDC what anyone says. Her vocals are perfect, the way she emotes the feelings of being frustrated in the relationship and not knowing what to do anymore and just being angry with that person, but at the same time you ****ing love them so much so it's not so easy to just break up with them, but you just wanna yell at them and release all your anger. I just want to cry along to this song while I'm drunk af lol. When I was with my ex he was an addict, and I was so ****ing frustrated, but I loved him so much. The quiet whisper talking parts that she does, it just sounds like she's been crying so much and she's just tired and gave up. The beat, the melody everything this song is an instant classic, it's a serve. I don't mind the feature as much as others, would it have been better as a solo? Maybe, I mean more Lana is never a bad thing. Otherwise it's perfect as is.

10. Thunder 10/10 (Ok, so this one is another complicated one for me, when the "demo" version first leaked, I instantly loved it so much and it became one of my favorite unreleased songs. After hearing the "official" version I love it just as much. Not sure if I like it more or less yet. I'm so used to the original version, and I love the intro to the original version it's so gorgeous. I guess there is things from each version that I like about them. Like the "demo" version has some instruments that I like more than the released version and vice versa. Anyway, it's still such a beautiful song and one of her best songs ever. I'm glad we got this song on an album. It deserved to be released. The "demo" version has a slightly different vibe to it. I can't put my finger on it, but I really like it.)

11. Wildflower Wildfire 10/10 (Here is the deal, because I know you want to talk about it. I love things song so much now. When it was first released it took me a little while to get used to the drums, I swear at first when they kicked in I thought my laptop speakers were messed up and I freaked out lol. I'm used to them now. I haven't heard the apple music versions, I say that because some people are saying that they sound more polished? Knowing me, I probably wouldn't even notice it anyway lol. But I love this song so much. The melody is gorgeous the lyrics are so deep. Definitely one of her best songs **I keep saying that, but it's ****ing Lana Del Rey it's almost impossible for her to make a bad song, other artist can't relate**)

12. Nectar of The Gods 10/10 ("Heroin gold in my veins and you in my thoughts, I'm on the freeway racing at a million and I just can't stop" Man, this song is so special to me, since the first time I heard it as soon as she sang those lyrics I started crying my eyes out. When I was with my ex he was a heroin/opioid addict, after being with him I became one too. It's been a year since we broke up and a year that I've been sober. Idk how this Woman does it, but it's like she sings exactly about my life. It's so crazy to me. Every time I listen to this song I just want to break down and cry. I'm so glad we got an official release of it. Can you imagine if it had never leaked? I bet you it would be considered one of her greatest songs by us her fans. For me it still is. I'm glad she didn't change it up or anything it's perfect as is. I love her unreleased music and I'm glad we get to listen to it, but at the same time it saddens me because maybe she always intended to use them later on. So I know to some people the unreleased songs probably sound stale or are bored of them, but that is not Lanas fault at all. It's our fault, but at the same time can you blame us?)

13. Living Legend 10/10 (Amazing ****ing song as well, honestly I wasn't very familiar with this song prior to knowing that it was going to be on BB album, so it's still somewhat new to me. But after the first time I heard it, I loved it. Such a beautiful ****ing song and sentiment. To me it's her singing about a love that will never be topped and she will never love anyone else as much as she loves/loved that person and that feeling is so ****ing heartbreaking. I feel the same way about my ex. Even though we went through what we went through I still love that man like nobody else can, and he will always be my living legend)

14. Cherry Blossom 10/10 (Another one of the unreleased songs that leaked a while ago. God, I can't help but to feel that us Lana fans are really our worst enemy lol. Now that these songs are officially released how I wish that we had never heard these songs before, because I know for a fact that we would consider them instant classics. This song is so gorgeous, the melody, the lyrics everything. It's so beautiful. I'm so glad that the rest of the world get's to hear these gorgeous songs and experience what some of us fans have been experiencing for the last couple of years)

15. Sweet Carolina 10/10 (The closing track, When this song starts and she starts singing you kind of get this feeling of relief after being on a crazy rolleroaster ride of emotions lol. I love this song. The melody is super sweet, I'm not sure exactly what it's about but it sounds super personal, and the iPhone 11 and **** you Kevin part is kind of weird to me lol, but maybe I'll get used to it later. Other than that I love it. And it sounds like a closing letter to someone or something lol)

Ok guys, so overall I love this album, I cannot compare it with any of her other albums yet. Do I think it's better than COCC? I'm not sure, but so far yesish? lol Maybe add a few more songs to COCC and remove "Get Free" and they'd be equal. But then again idk because COCC has some of her best songs for example Chemtrails(SONG) that song is ****ing magical. I can listen to it over and over and never get tired of it, the melody is gorgeous on that song. Definitely one of her best title tracks. And then we have Tulsa Jesus Freak another amazing song. Anyway, I am so ****ing happy to get this album just a few months after the release of COCC. I appreciate Lana so much. Even though she hates us and does no promo, but I feel like she gets to get away with it because the music speaks for itself. Would I be happier with the album had I never heard the leaked songs? Of course, but That is not Lanas fault that is our fault. But like I said can you blame us? I can just picture myself listening to this album with everything unheard ooof what an experience it would have been. I would have been FLOORED. I still am though. Also I think that I Talk To Jesus would have fit perfectly on this album. It would have added so much more to the story of the album. Damn I wish she would have added that song or maybe even replaced The Trio with it or something. Maybe in the future we will get it on an album. I talk to jesus is so ****ing amazing to me. The story within the song is so relatable to me, that I can't ****ing help but cry every time I listen to it. The story of a love that is ruined by something and feeling so much sorrow because it could have been so amazing, but it got ruined and you can't do anything about it. And you just keep looking back wishing that things were different and you could have made different choices and saved that relationship.That's exactly how I feel. Anyway sorry guys for this long ass "review" and for being a cry baby about my life but yea these are just some thoughts that came to my mind as I listened to the songs. Rankings or ratings might change later who knows. But I hope every one else enjoys the album as much as I did. I cannot wait for the official release and for others to get to listen to some of these songs. I am nervous about it because I hope they are received positively. Lana deserves it so much. She really is The Next Greatest American Writer "ahhhh my ****ing fave" lol. 

Edit:This post was not meant to be this long, but as I listened to the album again I just kept typing and typing lol. So sorry if it seems like I don't know how to type and express my thoughts for shiii lol because yea.

I tried posting this a couple days ago, but the site was down. Sorry for the long ass post and rambling thoughts lol.

:wowcry::heart:

Wooow I'm speechless & emotional after reading this!! Plss I loved your rambling thoughts,  even though I don't agree with everything , I enjoyed & loved reading it :trisha:

It's so nicely written like someone said before :xcry:

You need to post this in the post release thread again,  the others who haven't listened yet need to read this too:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Literally no skips for me on this album wow I’m so impressed with her to release two albums in one year and the quality of Blue Banisters is so admirable, she’s truly a legend 

two albums in one year… until now. RCS out in December :ma:

Spoiler

Dance me all around the room 

Spin me like a ballerina super high

Dance me all around the moon  

Light me up like the 4th of July:wowcry:

Idk this is so romantic too me :trisha:

1 minute ago, COCC said:

two albums in one year… until now. RCS out in December :ma:

Only Lana can deliver two AOTY in one year :gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

22 minutes ago, moebius said:

The best PR move would be to do a Dealer live performance. Together with Miles Kane of course, they'd really shock an audience who was probably expecting "a Lana Del Rey snoozefest" and would do rounds on Twitter and maybe even TikTok.

Not only is the song really really good, and different, it also fits with the "revenge" theme she's going for. Dishing out THOSE vocals when the public is still hung up on that SNL performance...wow. It would most certainly get some kind of buzz.

Not when Wildflower Wildfire is the most intricate thing she's ever written, no.

Imagine them singing that song on the street of NYC at night. That would be iconic 

1 minute ago, Dealer Boulevard said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dance me all around the room 

Spin me like a ballerina super high

Dance me all around the moon  

Light me up like the 4th of July:wowcry:

Idk this is so romantic too me :trisha:

Spoiler

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE how she says "Don't say you're over me" It is stuck in my head since leak:trisha: I'm singing it every other second.