Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

14 minutes ago, West Coast said:
Β  Reveal hidden contents

I'm gonna be really honest. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed the album, most people here know how I feel about Jack Antonoff sitting in the producer's chairβ€”all the issues I had and still have with the so called Jack sound on 'NFR!', less so on 'COCC' if I'm being honest;Β but still his production really didn't do much for me except for a few key tracks here and there. So this new album is definitely refreshing and different production wise and I've been really enjoying 'Text Book', 'Black Bathing Suit', 'If I Lie Down With You', 'Dealer' and 'Thunder' the most and I definitely have appreciation for most of the other songs... but I want Lana to go in a different direction sonically.

Β 

I am really over the soft and subdued approach to music we've witnessed with most of the music on the past three records. I want a bit more intensity, I feel like I wouldn't have mind the piano-driven-ballad-y approach on 'Blue Banisters' at all had Lana not already released two albums that I would qualify as organic and mellow, but I think it's time for a bit more bite. Although I will say that 'BB' made me appreciate a piano driven Lana song.Β 

Β 

This is me speaking into existence a true rock album from her, or something of the sort.Β :smile4:

Β 

'Blue Banisters' is a beautiful album, the newer songs are mostly all great imho. I know a lot of fans love to hear unreleased tracks make their way onto an album, I happen not to care too much unless it's done in a way in which the song has been substantially reworked for the better (to the exception of 'Thunder' which I think sounds great, not better, but great nonetheless). But I feel ambivalent about 'Living Legend'... and I really couldn't care less for 'Nectar of the Gods' and 'Cherry Blossom'. The mixing is actually terrible, and if the rumours are true, they really do sound like YouTube to MP3 songs in terms of quality.Β 

Β 

I'm already more invested and interested in this album/era than I was with her past three albums, so I guess that's good? Yeah I'll keep on listening to this beautiful album, it's a grower.

Β 

So far I would rank them as follows:

1. Ultraviolence
  2. Honeymoon
  3. Born To Die - The Paradise Edition
  4. Blue Banisters
  5. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
  6. Norman Fucking Rockwell!
  7. Lust for Life

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm avoiding reading the spoilers as much as I can but I'm glad I read this one because you restored my faith I'm excited again for the album :trisha:

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

25 minutes ago, Marius said:

Means they already heard and loved the album. We wonΒ :oprah4:

Β 

You think so? I remember them doing something similar days before NFR came out but I didn’t know this is a sign they liked the album.

Β 

Best New MusicΒ incomingΒ :makeup2:

Β 

IMG-7960.jpg

Oop, new ranking:

Spoiler
  1. Thunder
  2. Violets for Roses
  3. Wildflower Wildfire
  4. Dealer
  5. Black Bathing Suit
  6. Beautiful
  7. If You Lie Down with Me
  8. Arcadia
  9. Blue Banisters
  10. Text Book
  11. Nectar of the Gods
  12. Sweet Carolina
  13. Living Legend
  14. Cherry Blossom

This feels like it would be the most regular in the future from now on, for me.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Spoiler

well, i need to spill some facts: Dealer is boring af. It's the only song i won't hear on a daily basis. the instrumentals don't go anywhere. Her screams are fun but a bit over the place. It's a weird song.Β 

Β 

0YnL0Kf.gif

5 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

well, i need to spill some facts: Dealer is boring af. It's the only song i won't hear on a daily basis. the instrumentals don't go anywhere. Her screams are fun but a bit over the place. It's a weird song.Β 

Β 

Dealer is only good for a certain vibe.Β 

Spoiler

HE SAID I WAS BAD LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT BAD GIRLS DO

1235579.jpg

Β 

κ§αƒ¦βŠ±β™₯ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth β™₯βŠ±αƒ¦κ§‚

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, L Del Ray said:

so what position is bb on your albums rankings?

Right now:

Β 

1. NFR & Honeymoon (tie)

2.Β UltraviolenceΒ 

3. Chemtrails &Β Blue Banisters (tie)

4. Lust For Life

5. Born To Die

Β 

Honestly, had Chemtrails ended on a stronger note…

Spoiler

(as Sweet Carolina is!)

Β 

and had a couple more songs in the same vein to fully flesh out the aesthetic and feeling she was going for and it would have the edge over BB for me.

IMG-7960.jpg

2 hours ago, Rocket0212 said:
Β  Hide contents

So I'm kinda obsessed with BBS and honestly not just in the positive way. I keep coming back to it and trying to understand why she made some decisions in the last minute and a half. Like those drums, her vocals, the clownery at 4:07. It's so intentionally...ugly? IDK how to crack this song so far. Did somebody else go through this and ended up really liking the whole thing?

Β 

Β 

Spoiler

This song sums up the pandemic for me, with its many stages and phases and it shows musically.Β The end brings back the eerie music (as if there’s still some danger looming) and her voice breaking down at the end is the voice of sanity going away with time… as ifΒ her anxieties are taking the best of her.Β 

Β 

lanaboards be likeΒ 

Spoiler

Β 

user stinky winky 1: Thunder sucks, Dealer is horrid and Im obsessed with Beautiful

Β 

user stinker winker 2: THUNDER AND DEALER ARE HER MAGNUM OPUS OPTIMUS PRIME

Β 

Β 

Those of us who haven't heard the alboom are dazed andΒ confused Β :creep3:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Just now, CmonDownToFL said:

lanaboards be likeΒ 

Β 

user stinky winky 1: Thunder sucks, Dealer is horrid and Im obsessed with Beautiful

Β 

user stinker winker 2: THUNDER AND DEALER ARE HER MAGNUM OPUS OPTIMUS PRIME

Β 

Β 

Those of us who haven't heard the alboom are dazed andΒ confused Β :creep3:

FR THOUGHΒ 

Spoiler

bitch 1: the album sounds exactly like the singles they're all piano ballads

bitch 2: OMG IT'S SO EXPERIMENTAL BIRD SOUNDS CIRCUS IS IN TOWN VIOLINS OUT OF SYNC DRUMS THIS IS ULTRAVIOLENCE 2.0

Β 

13 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Is this Lana's best, strongest album...?

Β 

I love every Lana album (yes, LFL too) but I haven't felt this wayΒ since HM so BB isΒ challenging it for the top spot now (and I haven't even listened to it in the highest quality possibleΒ :icant:) but it still needs some time to see how it ages cause maybe I'm just too hyped right now about itΒ :thumb2:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

bitch 2: OMG IT'S SO EXPERIMENTAL BIRD SOUNDS CIRCUS IS IN TOWN VIOLINS OUT OF SYNC DRUMS THIS IS ULTRAVIOLENCE 2.0

no literally I DONT WHAT TO EXPECT DNDJED

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:
Spoiler

I love every Lana album (yes, LFL too) but I haven't felt this wayΒ since HM so BB isΒ challenging it for the top spot now (and I haven't even listened to it in the highest quality possibleΒ :icant:) but it still needs some time to see how it ages cause maybe I'm just too hyped right now about itΒ :thumb2:

Β 

Β 

Same happens to me. It's a quite dense project, so cant say I'veΒ fully digested it yet. Even given that, it's already passing me over as a truck. Damn, Lana...

found myself coming back to If You Lie Down a lot more today. My trinity is defo Thunder, IYLDWM and BBS .

Β 

I can’t for the life of me get into Beautiful or Sweet Carolina .. i don’t even know wtf she’s meant to be singing abt in Beautiful and i just can’t relate any of my life experiences to Carolina at all .Β 
Β 

I still really enjoy Text Book. Arcadia kinda just came and went. WFWF is hot garbage. Blue Banisters is fine but only when im super depressedΒ 

RVhKIwP.gif

7 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

FR THOUGHΒ 

Β  Hide contents

Β 

Β 

efuckingxactly

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ