Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

oh god I'm sensing a score around 70 this time idkย :eek3:

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

I've had a feeling for a long time that the reviews for this album would be a mess.ย It's a risky album in the sense that it's not necessarilyย as accessible as some of Lana's other, more popular albums. To me, it's a similar situation to releasing Ultraviolence after Born To Die. Having NFR be Lana's most acclaimed work, and then having it followed by a more mellow album and then after an album where she plays with her vocals (and other things) quite a bit, it can be a shock to a reviewer who's used to the Lana they met in 2019 and that Lana only.ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย imageproxy.jpg

The review read mostly (very) positive until they said that the last couple ofย songs are too slowย and kinda dragged Sweet Carolina's lyrics. Also LOL at the terrible criticism that both Lana and Taylor should have combined COCC+BB / Folklore+Evermore into one project because they're basically just nice background music for the pandemic.ย 

4 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Mess

ย 

They always do 2 reviews, the premature evaluation and the official review but this is fairly mixed and will probably mean they will give the album a 5 or 6 :rip:ย 

What did they give Chemtrails? Their review for that album was harsher.ย 

15 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

I thought they were going to praise it until I got towards the end of the article.

โ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธต โ™ฌย ย โ™ฅย ย .๏ฝก.ย  โ™ฅย  .๏ฝก.ย ย ย โ™ฅย ย โ™ฌ โ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธต

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

They also called Clay her fiancรฉ in the review lolย :um2:ย Like, do your research first, it's not that hard.

ย 

Overall they did say a lot of really positive things about her and the album thoughย 

Bah reviews are one thing.ย 
to me, this album is in her top 2, maybe as good as Norman (a couple of months will tell me). I do agree though that itโ€™s the sister album to Chemtrails. But other than that, I donโ€™t completely agree with many points.ย 
one thing stands out on Bb: she plays with her voice so much more and on so many songs.ย 

3 minutes ago, MagicalTrancePotion said:

I thought they were going to praise it until I got towards the end of the article.

ย 

same my reaction was literallyย 

ย 

:party:ย :noparty:

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

They also called Clay her fiancรฉ in the review lolย :um2:ย Like, do your research first, it's not that hard.

ย 

Overall they did say a lot of really positive things about her and the album thoughย 

ย 

yeah i kind of want a real lana-head to review this record cuz it's such an anomaly in many ways, what with the unreleaseds etc, wonder what promo info her label is sending out about it and if they'll mention that

aOaIzH2.gif

"She releasedย Chemtrails Over the Country Clubย in May, a softer and smaller album that pressed on the themes ofย Norman Fucking Rockwell!ย with a gentler touch. She paid homage to a decaying country, with tremors of folksy freedom. Not six months later, sheโ€™s back with another record, one that arrived to many listeners ahead of even Lanaโ€™s breakneck schedule via a sometimes grainy leak.ย Blue Banistersย is Lanaโ€™s pandemic record, a sisterly companion toย Chemtrails."

ย 

Er... we're off to a great start! Chemtrails was released in March, and Blue Banisters comes SEVEN months later :what:ย 

Lemme keep reading.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

i enjoyed reading the review and really liked this line:

ย 

In some waysย Banistersย feels like the purest distillation of the Lana Del Rey project, the grandeur and grasping of her earlier albums fused with her more recent musicโ€™s romance and scope. The twinkling closing track โ€œSweet Carolinaโ€ reads like a parody of Lana lyrics, a blast of found poetry for a broken era: โ€œYou name your babe Lilac Heaven/ After your iPhone 11/ โ€˜Crypto forever,โ€™ screams your stupid boyfriend/ Fuck you, Kevin.โ€ Only Lana could make this work.

ย 

only tea was spilled here

faSE.gif

If the reviews are bad enough then it'll make Lana angry and then she'll make UV 2.0 WE WON!!!!!ย 

oprah-winfrey-scream.gif

โ™กย ย standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenย โ™ก