Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I think Blue Banisters would have been a much better choice to perform than Arcadia.

But I suppose Arcadia is more indicative of the album's "Take it or leave it" style and attitude, so...

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

The only reason I could see NME giving this a lower rating than Chemtrails is that there was no major music video attached to it. Because this album is by and large a more completed, thought out and better record

It cleary because of the unreleseads

Lust For Dead Ā Ā large.gif

You know, Lana - I really appreciate you continuingĀ making your music the way you do & Not giving a shit about air play or reviews. One of the only artists I truly love every song of. ā€œThough Guns & Roses was a growerĀ :ma:ā€œ

Thank You!

IMG-3521.jpg

AIGHT i just gave blue banisters my first LISTEN and i have to say thatā€¦Ā :oic:

Ā its what i expected it to be, ballads are sooo beautiful, but i honestly wish that she didnt change thunder THAT much. replacing a guitar with a piano wasnt a bad decision, it just feels less powerful nowĀ :noparty:but itā€™sĀ optimistic so im here for it.Ā 

my favs are definitely:Ā 

-black bathing suit!!!!!, dealer!!!!!, thunder, living legend, if you lie down with me. those got my heart and canā€™t wait to listen to them while driving alone around my city in the night. LOVEEE ITTTTĀ 

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā Ā lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

Ā 

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

but like...NO one outside of Lana's core base knows about this? How would anyone listening to this record for the first time put that togetherĀ :whoopi:

on both NME and the guardian review it's mentioned... did the press get an advance copy with a note about the outtakes from her or something lol? or were they on lanaboards/lana wiki, that's a kii

The guardian at this point are giving Lana a 3 every time because they know we will get angry and march over there. Ā Whatever you do donā€™t click onĀ thereĀ site or give them attentionĀ 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Critics canĀ be very pretentious. TheĀ critiques made in the Guardian review are ā€”Ā I donā€™t want to say baseless ā€” but the way they go about framing their points is really too much. Even in ā€œpositiveā€ reviews, there are a lot ofĀ backhanded compliments. Itā€™s as if they feel the need to justify their paying Lana a compliment.Ā Ā :awk:

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

lanaboards should start it's own music publication :oprah3:Ā it's the only way it'll be fair :oprah3:

Ā 

We should also include a dedicated delulu sectionĀ Ā :icant: <333

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

The guardian at this point are giving Lana a 3 every time because they know we will get angry and march over there. Ā Whatever you do donā€™t click in their site or give them attentionĀ 

Ā 

well that's very immature & highly unprofessional

Ā 

either review the album the way you're supposed to, or don't review the album at all :whatever2:

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, StillOnMyMind said:

I just noticed NME rated Solar Bomb with 100. That album is better than Blue Banisters in any part of Uranus and perhaps in Andromeda.Ā 
Ā 

Critics are a mess.

You can't be serious...:eartha:

Ā 

Ā 

Oh you're serious...Ā :whoopi:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedĀ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Ā 

Ā 

Personally so far I think this album is beautiful and maybe her most honest and real one. For. Me I think this may be up there with UV and NFR in my top 3 (so far Iā€™m only half way through lol)

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

1 minute ago, lustforlife said:

Now the question: If the songs never leaked would the fans and the publications having this conversation about old songs?Ā :dua:

Definitely no. I didnā€™t see this harassment when TNBAR, Bartender or Yosemite made their respective albums.Ā 

1 minute ago, lustforlife said:

Now the question: If the songs never leaked would the fans and the publications having this conversation about old songs?Ā :dua:

yes, at least the fans would still be aware that they are outtakes and once we heard them we would know how lyrically subpar they are

i mean "spin me around like a ballerina?" lizzy grant is shaking.

her songwriting is miles (kane) better nowadays, the stream of consciousness, the revelations and the tongue-in-cheek lines that throw you off-balance ('fuck you kevin') are much better than i get wild on you baby i get wild and fucking crazy

:true:

oh and when it comes to comparing blue banisters to other albums i have to say that..Ā 

1. norman fucking rockwell! =Ā ultraviolenceĀ 

2. chemtrails over the country clubĀ 

3. blue banistersĀ 

4. honeymoon = akaĀ 

5. lust for lifeĀ 

6. paradiseĀ 

7. born to dieĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā Ā lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

Ā