Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

24 minutes ago, brandon said:

guys nikki is not on CB :rollin:it was a joke

methinks some of you do not understand sarcasm in the slightest!!! love u tho Ɛ>:wub: i like the entertainment 

Haha I missed like 20 pages so I thought someone found out she was on the backing vocals.

?? ok logging off now 

I'm gonna admit. I'm kinda worried that last year might have done some irreversible damage. When arcadia came out yesterday she barely trended at all. I think the topic peaked at #25 on the Twitter trend chart. Now, the video seems to be doing well. But no one is *talking* about it outside of review sites. Is it due to the type of song(another ballad)? Or again, does this go back to last year's events. Idk. Maybe I'm over thinking 

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

4 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

I'm gonna admit. I'm kinda worried that last year might have done some irreversible damage. When arcadia came out yesterday she barely trended at all. I think the topic peaked at #25 on the Twitter trend chart. Now, the video seems to be doing well. But no one is *talking* about it outside of review sites. Is it due to the type of song(another ballad)? Or again, does this go back to last year's events. Idk. Maybe I'm over thinking 

i think it's a lana thing. as some have said before, if arcadia was a billie eilish/lady gaga/taylor swift song, it would definitely be #1 and probably win soty. :oprah3:

not sure if it's entirely her fault though (for doing little to no promo, qftc, etc). the industry hates her and it's mutual. i feel like this album is her way of not only saying, but showing how little she cares about charts and awards. :peace:

15 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

I feel like Lana singles never get much buzz these days but the albums always do. Everyone tunes in for the new Lana Del Rey album

nice cocc bro

2 minutes ago, Kiki de Montparnasse said:

btw i just logged in to say :xcry: that wildflower wildfire is one of the prettiest songs lana ever wrote. this is coming from a UV-HM slut. i might be a little too much obsessed with it :wowcry:

I AGREE!! it is truly excellent, so much so that i'm using my time in lockdown to pick up the piano again by learning Wildflower Wildfire :ma:

nice cocc bro

20 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

The song actually did pretty good on Spotify with the small hours of tracking that it had. I think it also has to do with the type of music she releases though. Kind of how like Lorde had a lot of hype before her comeback but once she released the music, I didn’t hear that many people talk about it. Probably due to the more stripped back nature of the music.  

31 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

i feel like after this much time in the industry, lana knows which songs of hers will fare better than others. i'm reminded of how she so nonchalantly said she *knew* nfr would do well bc there's nothing rly to dislike about it lol. she knowwwwwss :wowcry: 

i'm also relieved atm there are not many articles on arcadia - misogynists, critics, bodyshamers alike all just need to eat it n digest. no comment needed

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

I don't hate Nikki. It'd be stupid to, she hasn't done anything :toofunny: if anything, it's Lana's fault for being too easily influenced by the people around her. 

Nikki is actually a good musician, like her songs are actually great! I just don't think Breaking Up Slowly was good enough for me to love the collab (and I generally dislike collabs entirely, no matter who) 

We'd have to see if their album is any good. I think it should have more of Nikki's type of production as it's richer than this stripped down one Lana seems to do nowadays :peace2:

i don't hate her or the collab, but i don't like her music and don't want a whole album with her on it. i guess i'll take it, it's more lana content but i'd like the album to be released with nikki and then leak with everything as solo songs-- it's just annoying knowing we're gonna get an album full of lana AND someone else that i don't care to hear more from if that makes sense. their one collab was cute and all but it would've been a better song solo. regardless we have what we have and that's that. maybe someday a full solo version of BUS will leak, but given that lana apparently likes to hide her collabs on the tracklist before release... i'm still not sure we are out of the woods for a new song with her on the album

random but how was target already sold out of preorders for blue banisters? what the fuck? guess i'm going to target on release day!!!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

48 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Or maybe 'Arcadia', as beautiful of a track it might be, just isn't a chart topper? Like you said it's yet another ballad from Lana. :oopna2:

I was on FB after a long nap and someone said Lana is retiring and this is a farewell album? Wtf??

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

2 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

I was on FB after a long nap and someone said Lana is retiring and this is a farewell album? Wtf??

Babe there is always someone on Twitter or FB screaming that stuff.

Hit snooze and revisit that beauty sleep :creep:

13 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

lana isnt retiring. pretty sure boz said that she already started working on another project

1 hour ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

That's because the video is pretty awful which is a shame because the song is beautiful. Trust me, I'm not the only one saying this.

She got better criticism for her homemade leaked video of "Hope is a dangerous...."