ileftthisacchoneys

Are Luca and Alberto Gay?

i created a topic on the "video art" forum to show an edit i made of the two merboys to the sound of "salvatore". the first reply i got was "ma'am, this a kids movie".

then i wanted to open this topic so we can debate those theories... what can lgbt+ people relate to in luca's story? are him and alberto a shippable duo or not, and why?

i'm not lgbt, so all i can do is accept all the comprehensions possible. let's go.

Disney and Pixar's Luca - Jump | Disney and Pixar's Luca | Disney+ |  Facebook

regardless of the Directors intention of the story ("the movie is about innocent childhood friendship") there is a lot of parallels to the gay experience.  Im low-key not a fan of the "shipping" though, since Ive always seen it as a adult-rated thing, i.e. fan fictions on wattpad 

25 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

regardless of the Directors intention of the story ("the movie is about innocent childhood friendship") there is a lot of parallels to the gay experience.  Im low-key not a fan of the "shipping" though, since Ive always seen it as a adult-rated thing, i.e. fan fictions on wattpad 

Shipping isn't always about sex you know. The ship could simply be about a cuddly asexual relationship. 

6 hours ago, The Siren said:

Shipping isn't always about sex you know. The ship could simply be about a cuddly asexual relationship. 

yes, like gumball and penny, violet and tony rydinger, or all the couples in "monica" here in brazil. also, we all had our crushes when we were kids, and it was nothing about sex.

I think there were some intentional undertones about homosexuality - the whole trope of hiding who you are, being accepted the way you are and then that scene wehre Luca is leaving and his parents agree that he might now always have an easy live because of the way he is but that they love him and wish him the best. However, I think that it's possible to see the movie and not take in any of this as an allude to a gay coming-out. And then again, both Alberto and Luca are still very much kids ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!