Neohumanist

Grammy submissions 2022

In your opinion, what are Lana’s submissions for 2022 Grammy? Does she has a chance of getting nominated?

my predictions are:

submissions: COTCC AOTY, White Dress ROTY and SOTY, COTCC Best Americana, Breaking up slowly best country duo, Let me love you like a woman best American Roots Performance and Song, COTCC (song) best music video. 

I think she may be nominated for the subcategories (like best Americana and best country duo) but the rollout for this album was horrible and there was no promo.

i agree with your choices for grammy submissions - but i think she would have submitted less, if she has submitted any. 

after nfr's snub, question for the culture, her recent interviews where she has challenged critics, the embracing of her pre-fame life, social media absence, and blue banisters on the way - i personally think its unlikely lana submitted anything. obviously i think chemtrails is absolutely deserving of a couple (hundred) GRAMMYs, but i am uncertain on whether Lana is playing into these critic games anymore.

it's sad because even if she was nominated, the wins in major categories would most likely go to olivia rodrigo, billie eilish etc., because of their massive commercial success this year, even though technically and personally i think cocc is better than majority - if not all albums released in 2021. 

but to answer your question, i think AOTY, White Dress ROTY and SOTY are the nominations i see going through. i am manifesting at least white dress gets a grammy - it is one of the best songs of all time. 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

14 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i agree with your choices for grammy submissions - but i think she would have submitted less, if she has submitted any. 

after nfr's snub, question for the culture, her recent interviews where she has challenged critics, the embracing of her pre-fame life, social media absence, and blue banisters on the way - i personally think its unlikely lana submitted anything. obviously i think chemtrails is absolutely deserving of a couple (hundred) GRAMMYs, but i am uncertain on whether Lana is playing into these critic games anymore.

it's sad because even if she was nominated, the wins in major categories would most likely go to olivia rodrigo, billie eilish etc., because of their massive commercial success this year, even though technically and personally i think cocc is better than majority - if not all albums released in 2021. 

but to answer your question, i think AOTY, White Dress ROTY and SOTY are the nominations i see going through. i am manifesting at least white dress gets a grammy - it is one of the best songs of all time. 

Oh no I think she wants to win, it’s not a casualty that the first round voting starts on October 22nd and she is releasing Blue Banisters the same day. She wants to use Blue Banisters the same way Taylor used Evermore in order to get the AOTY for Folklore

I think she might submit COCC for Best Pop Vocal Album, and the title track for Best Pop Solo Performance. 

I don't think she will get any nominations this year, though.

12 minutes ago, sweetie said:

I think she might submit COCC for Best Pop Vocal Album, and the title track for Best Pop Solo Performance. 

I don't think she will get any nominations this year, though.

If she submits COCC for BPVA, she has already lost and her label knows it. It’s more probable that they submitted for Best Americana or Best Alternative, because in this categories she has more chance And COCC isn’t a Pop Album.

All this speculation for Lana to submit 'Let Me Love You Like A Woman' because that's apparently the only song she cares about on that album. :hooker:

5 minutes ago, Neohumanist said:

If she submits COCC for BPVA, she has already lost and her label knows it. It’s more probable that they submitted for Best Americana or Best Alternative, because in this categories she has more chance And COCC isn’t a Pop Album.

She submitted Ultraviolence & Honeymoon for Best Pop Vocal Album. I wouldn't call those pop albums either. But that's what her label submits them as. I don't think she has ever submitted anything under Best Alternative or Best Americana. :what:

4 minutes ago, Neohumanist said:

Lana’s albums have always been in pop categories. It is unfortunate because they really would do better in alternative. They are not traditional pop. In saying that though it was recently revealed a while back that her team has been submitting her under the alternative category but the Grammy’s change them to the pop categories. Not sure how or why or if it is true but it was something that was discussed sometime ago. At the end of the day the Grammys have truly become a popularity contest. While I do think Lana still wants a Grammy I think she is really disillusioned after NFR and probably has a more fuck it attitude about it. Idk I don’t see COCC really getting any noms with it being a less saturated release. If it does that would be amazing but we already know it will be snubbed win wise. I hate to be cynical but the odds and politics are just not in her favor. 

Eh the Grammy's are an outdated thing where the committee only bum-lick the hype over the talent. Pay them no attention and let them lose all credibility on their own :bye3:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, sweetie said:

She submitted Ultraviolence & Honeymoon for Best Pop Vocal Album. I wouldn't call those pop albums either. But that's what her label submits them as. I don't think she has ever submitted anything under Best Alternative or Best Americana. :what:

I agree they are not pop and always thought it was crazy. Am I losing it or wasn’t there some recent info stating she had submitted under alternative but the noms were all transferred to pop? That info could be false too though. Regardless the Grammys are so political now. Lana is it not one to play the game so I really don’t see much changing for her Grammy wise. I agree w you in that COCC probably will be snubbed for noms. We will see I guess. 

However after some day of reflection, I really think that Lana has a shot for AOTY, the Joni Mitchell credit, Blue banisters being released the 22nd. I hope Lana does some campaigning

On 10/9/2021 at 2:07 PM, Neohumanist said:

However after some day of reflection, I really think that Lana has a shot for AOTY, the Joni Mitchell credit, Blue banisters being released the 22nd. I hope Lana does some campaigning

there is absolutely 100% no way that she will win aoty. and i mean ZERO (0) chances.

9 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

there is absolutely 100% no way that she will win aoty. and i mean ZERO (0) chances.

Maybe if we manifest….

22 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

how do we know? 

I read in some sites that she submitted for AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Best music video, best pop solo, best pop vocal album and Best engineered Album. I hope that she gets at least one nomination