Neohumanist

Grammy submissions 2022

I like how all these past nominees/winners/presenters were going on and on about how much they were thankful for being nominated and it was the best, most honouring and most important moment of their young careers yaddy yaddy yadda, like just be glad your label bought them awards for you boo.

Just now, Nectar said:

How do people know she even submitted to any categories?

we're just grasping at straws, normal LanaBoards activity in between album cycles. :whatever2:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

I like how all these past nominees/winners/presenters were going on and on about how much they were thankful for being nominated and it was the best, most honouring and most important moment of their young careers yaddy yaddy yadda, like just be glad your label bought them awards for you boo.

Don't act like her debut wasn't literally a MASSIVE success both critically and commercially, everyone had an opinion about it, Billie WAS 2019, and believe me I'm not a fan of that particular record (some tracks slap tho), that was literally THE album of 2019.

NFR! deserved that's for sure, the only two albums that reached the artistic heights of Lana weren't even nominated lol, but competition was REALLY though that year specially with critical and comercial succeses like Billie's and Ariana's albums.

8nl2OpX.png

6 minutes ago, Nectar said:

How do people know she even submitted to any categories?

Also I need to check out HER’s music because she always gets nominated for AOTY. 

I think we don't have any actual confirmation of this years submissions, but her team has historically never submitted her on Alternative categories before, so it's safe to say COCC was no exception

8nl2OpX.png

4 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

Don't act like her debut wasn't literally a MASSIVE success both critically and commercially, everyone had an opinion about it, Billie WAS 2019, and believe me I'm not a fan of that particular record (some tracks slap tho), that was literally THE album of 2019.

I never said Billie though, I meant all the presenters/past nominees. :scoff:

But if we're going down that road I guess I'll air my grievances with her, I don't think she's that great and this is purely personal. All her albums are quite mediocre to me, I think she's got great production going on but the songs themselves are quite monotonous and her vocals are weak. Anyways, congrats to her for cashing in all these awards.

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

I never said Billie though, I meant all the presenters/past nominees. :scoff:

I don't understand why Billie and H.E.R. thanking the academy and remembering joyful moments of being both rightfully nominated it's an issue tho?  :scoff:

8nl2OpX.png

Just now, TheBoss said:

I don't understand why Billie and H.E.R. thanking the academy and remembering joyful moments of being both rightfully nominated it's an issue tho?  :scoff:

I just said it was funny :scoff:

The only artist I’m really surprised with who got a lot of nominations was Justin. I’ve honestly never heard the songs he was nominated for and I’m shocked his album was in the same category as Doja, Ariana, and Olivia when all 3 of those saw way bigger success and influence from what I’ve seen. I really have a hard time understanding what makes an album worthy to be a nominee :crai: And when people say an album isn’t Grammy material I don’t really get it cause it seems to be all over the place  :derpna2:

giphy.gif 

Really disappointed that Wolf Alice didn't get nominated in anything :(

Blue Weekend is my favourite album of the year so far, it deserved at least one nomination 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

To be fair I think the past 12+ months have been the absolute worst for new releases in memory. I have not connected with anything and my favourite artists all came up short 👎

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey