Neohumanist

Grammy submissions 2022

7 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Outside of the Grammys, I’ve only seen HER once in a commercial. It’s funny but I guess I’m glad for her. :icant:

I used to be really into H.E.R when she released her first EPs. Then I never listened to her after those releases. I saw her when she was supporting Childish Gambino a couple of years ago and she sang beautifully live but had no stage presence.

Wait… I just learned L*rde was actually eligible, she just didn’t receive a single nomination. Maybe the Grammy committee is smart after all!! :O I bet she thought she really did something and would have critics fawning over her and AOTY in the bag I’m laughing 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, Trash Magic said:

I bet she thought she really did something and would have critics fawning over her and AOTY in the bag I’m laughing 

she thought she was gonna copy NFR and get the same recognition lana did for that album. lol

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

The Grammy from my fathers side passed away years ago. My mother was adopted and I never met her parents.  My sister did an ancestry search and found our real Grammy.  She too passed away years ago. (I'm 65) 

Remember Grammy, God loves you,  Lana loves you and I love you. 

18 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Honestly surprised at Katy just because she seems to be the exact type of artist they love

katy never winning a grammy is like this big pop culture inside joke since idk how long but it's similar to leo never winning an oscar which he did eventually... not seeing this happening for her so soon tho lol

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

3 hours ago, West Coast said:

I keep thinking about how funny these nominations are, the way Tik Tok took over the Grammys :smile3:

the grammys:  EybjPcXVEAAQLug.jpg

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

The only Grammy that would matter to me would be a Lifetime Achievement Award, somewhere down the line. 
Other than that, the Grammy’s are just not that relevant anymore, with the whole music industry that completely morphed since a couple of years, and this year’s noms show that they don’t know how to fit anymore with all of those changes. 

Halsey not getting AOTY nomination is further proof Scammys are a joke. The snub of Beyoncé's last two albums, Taylor winning 3 AOTYs (even tough folklore was iconic, Future Nostalgia deserved), the hip hop category always being a mess every single year (Macklemore winning over Kendrick???), H.E.R. getting 50 nominations every year even tough she has four fans who stream her music etc etc etc....

And even a funnier point, the award that that tout itself as the one that cares about small artists and global music never airs on TV the categories of international music, or never nominate small artist in any category.

We should shift our focus on awards like ASCAP, Pulitzer, RocknRoll Hall of Fame