YourGirl666

Songs that should have been scrapped

BTD: None.

Paradise: Yayo.

Ultraviolence: Guns n' Roses. 

Honeymoon: Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.

LFL: Coachella, God Bless America and Beautiful People.

Norman: The Next Best American Record.

Chemtrails:  Breaking Up Slowly, Dance Till We Die and For Free.

Banisters: Text Book.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

If you want to keep the thread but not anger any passing deities that might be reading it, you could put a colon (:) at the end of the title and append the text "one person's masterpiece is another person's garbage". That's all you're really discovering in the thread. Not saying all the songs mentioned are considered masterpieces (by me), but a lot of them are (imo).

I'll make a comment about Burnt Norton. I don't think it should be scrapped, but I'm disappointed she didn't accept the challenge to write the background music for it (Keefus Ciancia is credited, according to the HM booklet). I mean it's OK as an introduction to Religion, but it would have been really interesting to me for her to write the background music, or more outrageously, turn it into a proper song (although, maybe the estate of T. S. Elliot wouldn't have allowed the latter).

33 minutes ago, UltraviolentJack said:

Nectar of the Gods definitely, there’s too many other truly stunning unreleased tracks that could have had its spot. Feels like a rough SHIT to me. 

:agree:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Blue Banisters: Nectar of the Gods, Cherry Blossom, Living Legend (this album wouldn't have been so unwieldy at 12 tracks only)

Chemtrails: Breaking Up Slowly, For Free (Breaking up slowly has zero chord progression and For Free is just a throwaway cover)

Norman Fucking Rockwell: The Next Best American Record (makes the album unnecessarily longer and does nothing to add to it)

Lust for Life: Coachella - Woodstock on My Mind, Change (ugh, hate both these tracks, especially Coachella)

Honeymoon: Freak, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (Freak is one of her worst, laziest tracks, and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood I played once or twice)

Ultraviolence: Sad Girl, The Other Woman, Guns and Roses (some of her laziest cuts)

Song I wish she never released in any context: You'll Never Walk Alone (her worst track ever)

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Blue Banisters: Nectar of the Gods, Cherry Blossom, Living Legend (this album wouldn't have been so unwieldy at 12 tracks only)

Chemtrails: Breaking Up Slowly, For Free (Breaking up slowly has zero chord progression and For Free is just a throwaway cover)

Norman Fucking Rockwell: The Next Best American Record (makes the album unnecessarily longer and does nothing to add to it)

Lust for Life: Coachella - Woodstock on My Mind, Change (ugh, hate both these tracks, especially Coachella)

Honeymoon: Freak, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (Freak is one of her worst, laziest tracks, and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood I played once or twice)

Ultraviolence: Sad Girl, The Other Woman, Guns and Roses (some of her laziest cuts)

Song I wish she never released in any context: You'll Never Walk Alone (her worst track ever)

3 minutes ago, barttttender said:

You deserve to be banned from here

BTD: nothing, perfect as is

Paradise: nothing, perfect as is

UV: The Other Woman, add Flipside, ITH standard 

Honeymoon: DLMBM

L4L: White Mustang, Coachella, WTWWAWWKD, make TNC the solo version, add the original version of TNBAR, add Yosemite, make BPBP a stand-alone single

NFR!: Hope Is A Dangerous Thing

COCC: LMLYLAW, Dance Till We Die (but make the bridge into its own song), make For Free a stand-alone single 

BB: Trio, Nectar of the Gods, Cherry Blossom

negAbhB.png

beautiful, it's so boring i'm sorry

i feel like nectar of the gods, cherry blossom, & living legend should've been reworked, however, i honestly would've prefered if she just added entirely new songs...

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

beautiful, it's so boring i'm sorry

i feel like nectar of the gods, cherry blossom, & living legend should've been reworked, however, i honestly would've prefered if she just added entirely new songs...

points were made!:oprah3:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I really wouldn’t want to remove any, but if I HAD TO remove 1 from each..

•BTD: Lolita

•Paradise: Bel Air or Blue Velvet, I guess

•Ultraviolence: G&R (justice for The Other Woman)

•Honeymoon: DLMBM

•Lust for Life: LFL or BPBP (I’m obsessed with the demos for both, though)

•NFR!: TNBAR

•COCC: Breaking Up Slowly

Blue Banisters: Beautiful (not counting the interlude lol)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath