YourGirl666

Songs that should have been scrapped

BTD: I really don’t mind anything in particular here enough to scrap it.

Paradise: Body Electric 

UV:  The Other Woman (I actually LOVE Guns and Roses haha; would’ve have definitely included ITH and Flipside in the standard edition)

Honeymoon: Don't Let me Be Misunderstood and 24 (I actually like the former but Swan Song would have been the PERFECT closer hands down)

LFL: Love, Tomorrow Never Came, God Bless America, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

NFR: The Next Best American Record

COCC: For Free (too attached to the original Joni version - would have preferred a Lana solo on that one with the original saxophone outro)

IMG-7960.jpg

7 minutes ago, Heresthedeal said:

Yall really want me to do this

Just remember ive been a fan since 2013

Ok

Besides songs we can all agree on

The whole NFR,from the title to love song

I actually stopped being a fan until cocc came out.

I think nfr is trying too hard personified, it has sweet moments like venice bitch (again immature title) but then its like...lana plz get over barrie you broke up in 2014

But like i said cocc was 10/10

now wtf is THAT 

BTD: Off The Races and Lolita don't work for me at all. They sound more like Lizzy songs and don't work with the rest of the album. I'd also cut Lucky One's bc it's boring. 

UV: Guns and Roses obv. I'd def add Wild One and Filipside should have been on the standard edition.

HM: Swan Song needs to go bc it caused so much drama and it's very boring. Also God Knows I Tried is kinda repetitive (cut the last minute or the whole song).  I'd rather have Fine China on it and Big Eyes.

LFL: Change should have been a three minute song or cut from the album and Groupie Love is kinda meh. Also TNBAR should have been on the album with the original lyrics and with the music video that was used awfully for White Mustang.

NFR: How To Disappear should have been a piano ballad or cut. The christmas vibes don't work at all and I hate it. Also the outro from CG. It's too long and lazy.

COCC: Let Me Love You Like A Woman obv.cut and most of the songs need an revamp with better production. Also the Chemtrails outro needs to be cut.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

second half of ultraviolence could've been so much better if she scrapped the "repeat the title over and over and boom that's the chorus" tracks. so, sad girl, PWYC and FMWUTTT. i like MPG though

Don't let me be misunderstood for various reason, I think about this litterally every day so let me RENT :oprah3: :

1. Swan song is a perfect closer

2.It's a bad cover (yes it does make sense thematically but sorry... it's just bad)

3.The end of honeymoon could feel a lot less repetitive and heavy without her

4. Last but definitvely not least, the transition from Swan Song to Love would make perfect sense in the overral Lana Discography, Swan Song being the last song where Lana sings with her old fatality and not a will for change/healing 

Anyway this is really THE song that should have never left the draft, Honeymoon I'm so sorry Lana dit that to you, you remain (almost) perfect though :kiss:

I wrote something here before but later felt ick about it. I do think that it's healthy and valuable to be able to critique your fave, coming from a spirit of appreciation and respecting the work enough to take it seriously. But when you love them so much it can feel gross.

Edited by alittleparty

Am I the only one who likes DLMBM? It's a good cover.

Also, I really don't see it as a closer, I see it as a post credits part of the album. It's like the story ended with Swan Song and DLMBM's only what we hear as soon as the big screen turns to black. 

1 minute ago, YourGirl666 said:

Am I the only one who likes DLMBM? It's a good cover.

Also, I really don't see it as a closer, I see it as a post credits part of the album. It's like the story ended with Swan Song and DLMBM's only what we hear as soon as the big screen turns to black. 

i have no qualms whatsoever w any of the cover closers! i think they've always been crucial. i CANNOT ever imagine honeymoon ending with swan song, it's so dark - DLMBM brings much-needed levity (which is how lana seems to like to close her albums), as well as complexity to the overall meaning of the album

mUENGN9.png

AKA: None, practically a skipless album

BTD: None tbh

Paradise: Tbh just scrap the whole thing and put Ride, Bel Air, and Blue Velvet as BTD Deluxe tracks. 3/4 of these songs are half baked messes or just weak and I will die on this hill

UV: Florida Kilos

Honeymoon: NONE. Perfect, flawless, skipless

LFL: Summer Bummer (swap out for So Good and keep the bridge), Groupie Love (it's cute and all but some of those outtakes were ROBBED), IMF, BPBP; Coachella could use some better percussion/beats but I actually really like the mellotron(?) and most of the lyrics

NFR: NFR, Love Song, TNBAR (og version should have been on LFL)

COCC: LMLYLAW (I love the instrumental tbh but the song just doesn't take off at all), Wonderwhythissongwasntlost, Tanking Down Quickly, Flop Till We Die, For Free

Bloo Banisters: BB

47 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i CANNOT believe my eyes... the cola slander :brandy:

Hide contents

delete let me love u like a woman, wanderlust, and the "political songs" on lust for life <3

It's not slander if it's true fam :gasp:

whatarecoloris.jpg

Do we really care about wrong songs on wrong albums? Today it is possible to make your own playlists (for example on Spotify) and choose your favorites. I made one for each album, leaving out anything unpleasant (and this can change from time to time). And everyone has their own taste. We should see music albums as a possibility of songs we might like, but not necessarily have to.