lustforlife

Barrie James O'Neill to release Riverside feat. Lana Del Rey on Upcoming Album 'Strange Desire' (November 5th, 2021)

Adjusted the title to make a bit more sense! This is really cool, Riverside is my favourite duet of theirs and is such a gorgeous and underrated song. I'm happy to see it's getting an official release! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I really hope Lana re-recorded her parts of the song for this version, the Riverside demo is the only song where I can’t stand her voice... it just doesn’t match with Barrie’s soft voice at all. I’ve genuinely wished for an updated version for years because I think they could make it sound a lot better today, fingers crossed we’ll get it!! I really do like this song a lot. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 10/8/2021 at 6:53 AM, Clampigirl said:

I really hope Lana re-recorded her parts of the song for this version, the Riverside demo is the only song where I can’t stand her voice... it just doesn’t match with Barrie’s soft voice at all. I’ve genuinely wished for an updated version for years because I think they could make it sound a lot better today, fingers crossed we’ll get it!! I really do like this song a lot. :flutter:

if they didnt re record any of the previously unreleased songs, im sure its just cos they were finished back in the song's conception day(s) but never made it to the official release. which would mean we only received demos of said songs.

Really neat interview revealing that the song was actually done in 2012 and that BARRIE was the one who initiated contact with Lana to release the song!!! He also said something about Lana asking permission to release those 4(?) songs they did together. Does she mean Summer Wine? And why is he omitting UFB??

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/music/7822416/lana-del-rey-barrie-james-oneill-duet/

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

From the interview:

"I actually wrote [Riverside] back in 2012 when I was living on the southside of Glasgow. At the time I asked Lana 'How would you like to sing this second verse?' It worked and we later recorded it in LA. But it's a track I've always wanted to put on an album so I went back and asked Miss Del Rey’s permission to use it."

He explains: "The song has never been released before but it had actually been leaked years ago and gathered a bit of a cult following. So there is no way I could have just put it out with just me singing it on my own as I didn't want to get attacked by the Lana Del Rey fanbase. But I feel it works as a duet so there was no point trying to change it or rework it. To me though it was just a case of it being a really good song and I wanted to use it - I'm just happy that Lana agreed."

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥