lustforlife

Barrie James O'Neill to release Riverside feat. Lana Del Rey on Upcoming Album 'Strange Desire' (November 5th, 2021)

This is beautiful. I've been playing the song on repeat today and it gave me right away the feeling that Lana sounded like a ghost on this version while I didn't notice it in the demo. Her vocals are the same but I think Barrie rerecorded his parts witch makes such a contrast. It makes so much sense to keep it that way.

The video is also moving and really confirms this feeling. The song has a whole new meaning now and Lana is clearly haunting him. 

To add to the feet discussion, I'de like to mention that Lana's feet are on this video even if she didn't play in it. :dua: It mirrors her bare feets on the Blue Banisters video. There's really something reflecting between their arts. In Lana's live stream she said that the link with someone you loved once is never really gone. It feels deeply true for Barrie and her.

1 minute ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Play it at my wedding 

Hide contents

Unrelated but who wants to get married

Spoiler

I low-key want to become famous just so I can afford Lana to sing on my wedding :um2: 

Spoiler

When I start walking down the aisle and Lana starts singing Boom Like That... :ma:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I can’t stop listening to this song. I love that we finally have a legit release for it. And it’s so beautiful! They have great musical chemistry. I also like the first track, Angry Man, on his new album; sounds just like a 90s song and it’s throwing me back!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

21 hours ago, drugmunny said:

slowly falling in love with barrie listening to riverside remaster and angry man

Angry Man is soooooo good!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

i want to see her plugging riverside on honeymoon insta so bad

also him reposting wildatyosemite is literally making me emotional for some reason. he's just so pure. always was tbh

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

9 minutes ago, Actor said:

Can someone say anything about some cover that she did with him,, la woman,, or something like that? 

summer wine? some things last a long time? only covers they did together im pretty sure

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Btw who acted as Lana in this video? Was it Lel? Because if it was she is an absolute champ for being able to put up with that knowing Lana's stans are spamming Barrie with comments about her. I mean, even tho she's been bothered by it before, I hope she's handling it okay. Same with Barrie. 

OMG. I just listened to his album and it's one of the best albums this year. Please, give him a listen, cause numbers are horrible. Even alt bands from my small country are doing bigger numbers on Spotify.:ohno: It's so sad that amazing musicians like Barrie flop so badly. If only people knew what they are missing.
The fact that his album doesn't show on Lana's profile under "Appears On" for some reason, doesn't help either. :crossed:

On 11/26/2021 at 5:04 AM, Rocket0212 said:

OMG. I just listened to his album and it's one of the best albums this year. Please, give him a listen, cause numbers are horrible. Even alt bands from my small country are doing bigger numbers on Spotify.:ohno: It's so sad that amazing musicians like Barrie flop so badly. If only people knew what they are missing.
The fact that his album doesn't show on Lana's profile under "Appears On" for some reason, doesn't help either. :crossed:

i have been listening to strange desire nonstop since it came out. i agree, it is one of the best of the year. more than that maybe. angry man is my new personal anthem,  pretending not to breathe is a dream, solid rose, country 33, that's alright. and of course riverside. which riverside was already the perfect damn song but those steel guitars he added well i have been trying to pick myself off the floor since november 4th. i've been streaming on every platform i have and bought the cd as well. this album is beautiful, barrie deserves all the support.