Sign in to follow this  
lustforlife

Cat Power set to release 'White Mustang' cover on her new album: Covers OUT: January 14th

1 hour ago, rightofjupiter said:

ok her covers are always so good and i love this full circle moment– have always thought lizzy grant has very early cat power vibes, which makes sense bc cat power was so big in the early 2000s

I am fairly sure lana has said she liked cat power somewhere too. And I'm pretty sure that's the reason I started listening to cat power.

But also my memory gets so mixed up, I could be wrong. 

9 hours ago, lustforlife said:

Cat Power is beyond amazing and her covering Lana is an also amazing new. Anyway, why this song... Loving the cover, but it sounds as an absolutely different song with some White Mustang lyrics thrown all over (and that's maybe why I get to love it, honestly). 

wow- Lana wishes the original WM sounded like this.

she managed to turn that musty, country-reeking song into a beautiful genre-bending soft rock/jazz masterpiece... pls... should have put new lyrics on it and created a new instant classic

her cover sucks :awkney:

i do wonder if the lyrical changes were from a demo tho

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole