Yosemite

Lana to appear on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

she could’ve actually made a live performance then

Most artists right now are doing pre-recorded performances unless they're going on SNL. It's really not that big of a deal. People always find something to nitpick at with everything Lana does at this point :eek:

imageproxy.jpg

But we knew it wouldnt be a live performance. She just IG lived from a hotel in California and isnt the Colbert show filmed in NYC.

ED: if it were california it would be called the afternoon show innit

4 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

She looked amazing and sounded incredible, even better than the album version!

But, is it just me or they used the studio acapella for the 2nd chorus and the rest of the song? It sounded exactly like the OG song :toofunny:

I was thinking it sounded the same too. Even if it wasn't a real live performance I'm glad that we got one! She really did look amazing. 

Just now, littleseashell said:

I think she chose Arcadia because she wanted to send the message of the song out to America. It's the perfect way for Lana to rise from the ashes tbh :ma:

I feek like she simply chose it cause it's the latest single tbh.

Just now, Super Movie said:

Most artists right now are doing pre-recorded performances unless they're going on SNL. It's really not that big of a deal. People always find something to nitpick at with everything Lana does at this point :eek:

i rarely complain at lana, usually never. i just thought it was disappointing from what i excepted 

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

I mean, she sounded great! We can always rip the audio and tag it as a demo if the idea of it being "live" when it "really isn't" is so upsetting to some :true:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

she could’ve actually made a live performance then

Plsss you’re acting like she’s added a bunch of autotune and a bunch of stuff so that it could sound perfect.

Let’s be honest, even if she was lip syncing, at least it was a different vocal take bc both versions of Arcadia that we have, don’t sound like that. 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

1 minute ago, War In My Mind said:

But we knew it wouldnt be a live performance. She just IG lived from a hotel in California and isnt the Colbert show filmed in NYC.

ED: if it were california it would be called the afternoon show innit

true i guess - but even when the performances are recorded in colbert’s studio, they usually film the show/performance a day in advance. sometimes the morning of. 

1 minute ago, Vanilla Icy said:

who cares if it was lip synced... this is only her second televised performance since the snl incident, she's obviously just now gotten comfortable to even be on tv again so let her live

I don't feel like people are being critical of it being a lip sync, it's a pretty common practice in tv just people observing what they watched :awkney:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

If it was lipped, then it was clearly lipped over a new, not as processed/edited vocal take. For me, it's one of those things where it's like "who cares?". I'm just glad to see Lana on TV again and enjoying herself while doing it :heart:

imageproxy.jpg

i rarely complain at lana, usually never. i just thought it was disappointing from what i excepted 

But that’s the thing, when someone doesn’t meet your expectations, it’s not their fault but yours :whatever2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif