Yosemite

Lana to appear on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - October 22nd, 2021

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

true i guess - but even when the performances are recorded in colbert’s studio, they usually film the show/performance a day in advance. sometimes the morning of. 

Well I think it was filmed yesterday, at least based on the posts from the set that Lana posted on the Honeymoon account

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i hope the next live performance is a cardboard cut-out of lana with a speaker behind it blasting the song to spite people who have to nitpick about everything :oprah3:

no because lowkey why would that kinda be a serve…. like imagine the headlines 😭 

To be fair, pitch-correction/autotune are always used during live performances and most of the performances on talk shows or any TV show in general, are pre-recorded or edited later for them to sound/look good when broadcasted. 

And her vocals were indeed live! Whether they filmed and recorded multiple takes and then mixed them for it to be perfect is a different thing. And it's a very normal thing, as well.

Don't know why it comes off as a surprise :awkney:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

lana probably still has anxiety surrounding being on live television (which is totally understandable, we are all well aware of how it went for her early in her career) so if she's more comfortable doing a pre-recorded show, i think that's perfectly fine, it's still a video of lana singing a new take of the song, it's just more "produced"

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

lana probably still has anxiety surrounding being on live television (which is totally understandable, we are all well aware of how it went for her early in her career) so if she's more comfortable doing a pre-recorded show, i think that's perfectly fine, it's still a video of lana singing a new take of the song, it's just more "produced"

I'll take anything :true: Just the fact that I got to see her perform a song for this era was amazing. Some people really don't see how much she spoils us and it's really ungrateful :crossed:

26 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

Well I think it was filmed yesterday, at least based on the posts from the set that Lana posted on the Honeymoon account

That wasn't sung live. You can tell she was lip syncing like she does in concerts. She hasn't been able to do high note vocals since her Endless Summer tour. I don't know why that guy was playing piano. Bless him. 

It's sad because Blue Banisters is a beautiful album and deserves a good promotion. :awkney:

Not sure why people are surprised when her last TV performance (Let Me Love You Like a Woman) was exactly like this. Prerecorded. It was a nice enough clip for what it was.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

3 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

:gtfo:

Suck it. It's my opinion and if you don't like it, put me on ignore. I'm not debating my opinion. She has a brand new gorgeous album out. It was the chance to promote it. Make an effort. Instead of putting on something nice or a make a little effort, she looked like she just came from the supermarket. The barrett on her hair looks cute on a 5 year old, not a 36 year old. She didn't even bother to sing live which makes this situation sad af. :wtfney:

Today was an all around win, I don't care about the nitpicky bullshit :yesnod: Going to sleep now because I've been awake for 19 hours and only slept for three last night. See you all tomorrow :kiss2:

imageproxy.jpg

we all know she can sing these songs really well live she's served vocals numerous times on insta this year its like why doesn't she just record the live performance from the studio itself with a camera and tripod and like 1 crew member where shed be much more comfortable :toofunny: like she literally served better vocals on live today than in the performance and its lip-synced 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

30 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

am I trippin or is she using her Lizzy voice :oprah2:

I hear it!! Her voice definitely has a slight twang to it that isn’t in the original!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

9 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Not sure why people are surprised when her last TV performance (Let Me Love You Like a Woman) was exactly like this. Prerecorded. It was a nice enough clip for what it was.

But she sang live on that prerecorded clip and made the effort to look good. I shouldn't be shocked by what I just saw tonight. This is Lana after all. She's not Taylor, Charli or Adele. They always make an effort in all their performances.

Shit, about a week ago Charli rose up from a grave on her live TV performance of Good Ones. She served live vocals, dance and looked gorgeous. :rip: