Yosemite

Blue Banisters [MUSIC VIDEO]

One of my fave songs off this album and one of my fave videos. The simplicity and beauty of it paired with the song itself makes something magical. Love how you catch instances of her sadness but then she kind of pulls herself out of it knowing she has her sisters there. Love the kitchen/cooking scenes and just seeing her and chuck play around. Tex or Mex also making an appearance, just yes!

I just wonder how she got a truck in her backyard lmao, felt kinda off with it and a palm tree behind it :toofunny:

Lana's acting could improve a little, the video was quite literal BUT. It felt really wholesome so I really like it. Chuck was pretty, loved the scenes with her and Lana playing with cake. :wub:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

The only part of the video that was a little odd was that one shot of Chuck just sitting there going through it for a solid few seconds 

But it was a great shot, queen of acting! :ma:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I’m surprised I liked that MV that much. Her teaser yesterday didn’t look like much, but it’s so good. 
and yeah, maybe Thunder has a choice of becoming a single after all (always thought it was wishful thinking rather than real possibility)

31 minutes ago, Stargirls Dealer said:

Two moments for me were so touching: 

bbgif3.gif

She looks so vulnerable and emotional here. Killed me instantly.

bbgif4.gif
Here she looks so….disappointed? Let down? About to cut a bitch? Idk but I moved for sure 

at the end of the day blue bannisters IS a sad song. The closure ends with a diferent note than it starts, something like a wound that is still open. Also the song is on the beggining of the album, when shes presenting all her life and tough situations. The pain behind the song comes in the bridge:

''summer comes, winter goes, SPRING I SKIP..., god knows'', its very specific the way how her voice gets weak on this part, and the spring also means the time for the love, weedings, mating, all of kinds of love relationships in the animal kingdom. (It worth the mention that 'Fine China' which was originally supposed to be on the record and it speaks more about that specific subject of giving up of having a love life, and build one family). When she ends the song, it sound like she is relieved but also regretful and sad that the things didn't work the way that she thought ( in 'La Who Am I To Love You' she resonates the same perspective as well but with more lightness than this track). And that stare on this last gif shows this exact energy.

I want to do a long post of bb after the official release because i got A LOT to say 

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

3 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

The only part of the video that was a little odd was that one shot of Chuck just sitting there going through it for a solid few seconds 

that made me emotional ngl she looks like she's upset watching her sister in pain

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I'm not totally obsessed (yet) but I cried while watching it lol.

She looks beautiful, I think I just never get used to her including friends in her videos. Love the shots of her with Chuck though.

I'm so thankful Lana continues to make gorgeous songs and visuals <3 growing with her has been such a huge part of my life

UMMMM… this might be my favorite video of hers?! it’s so peaceful yet moody, elated yet somber. I love it. I love the cake and the painting and the stormy Midwestern vibes of the weather spinner… and you guys were SPOT ON with the foggy atmosphere pics????? I’m so happy she released this today, it seems like it really sets the mood from the album and I can’t wait to hear it for the first time :crai:

2 minutes ago, ItGirl said:

Why Nikky Lane wasn’t part of mv? 

She drowned in the pool. 

Spoiler

:oop:

There are many things in common between the Arcadia MVs (both of them) and the Blue Banisters one. So I guess we should take the subtle visual hints at a Thunder MV a bit more seriously. :sass:

I fucking love seeing album covers in motion so this video was so cool purely because of that. Up there with the best she has ever looked in a video 😳

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

OMG!!! :oprah: 

What a beautiful surprise, this made my day way better than how it started. It makes the song even better imo :flutter: 

28 minutes ago, bigspender said:

this video is great! but the beginning of the vid where it zooms into the picture frame leads me to believe that me and @Obduration’s theories are right..

Wait wait, which theories? :dua: I wanna know :oic: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: