Yosemite

Blue Banisters [MUSIC VIDEO]

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

This!! I think it’s (sometimes) fine when others make jokes about it, but some people genuinely despise Lana’s group of friends for no reason. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen legitimate hate to Nikki, Jenny, etc. 

Blue Banisters (the song) is really a testament to how much they mean to her, so I’ve never really been able to grasp why fans are so critical of them for existing lol

because they're jealous twinks who could never be best friends with Lana and they want to be. i mean, in a way, i get it because you could also be afraid they could influence her music and make her music sound weird or bad, but maybe they're what she needs to make a completely new, even better album. who knows lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

This!! I think it’s (sometimes) fine when others make jokes about it, but some people genuinely despise Lana’s group of friends for no reason. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen legitimate hate to Nikki, Jenny, etc. 

Blue Banisters (the song) is really a testament to how much they mean to her, so I’ve never really been able to grasp why fans are so critical of them for existing lol

i feel like some people like to automatically assume her friends aren't "real" friends or they're secretly shady and don't have the right intentions, and while it can be true that some people could become friends with celebrities for their own personal gain, it's not right to automatically suspect this of every friend lana has, also, lana's a grown adult who can handle personal relationships, she can make the choice to cut off a friendship if she believes it's the right thing to do, she doesn't need random people on the internet to decide that for her

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

57 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

she sacrifices a friend per record to get universal acclaim. rumor has it that Nikki Lane is next if BB hits 7.5 on metacritic:true:

as a side-note, I hope no one interprets this as Nikki Lane hate. She seems really kind & down-to-earth; she’s just the first current friend I thought of lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

49 minutes ago, bigspender said:

No, the weird vibes that everyone gets from this girl is valid. She said some horrible things to my friend before she passed away a few years ago. I’ve never said anything because I have no proof but she’s not the nicest person. I try to tell myself that she’s grown and changed, like all people do, but she probably doesn’t even know my friend passed away. I’m sure that her and Lana’s relationship are really good and that they benefit eachother in some way, like friends do, but if people are getting weird energy from Alex then they’re right. If I wanted proof, I could message the person who still runs her account and they would probably send me the screenshots of their DMs, but I’m not trying to overstep. I will elaborate on this more if you want me to but this is very personal. 

edit: nikki lane’s a queen tho 

I think her husband already publicly ousted Alex and Alex apologised. 

That doesn't mean that the people involved are obligated to accept the apology, though

Unless you mean another situation

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

13 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think her husband already publicly ousted Alex and Alex apologised. 

That doesn't mean that the people involved are obligated to accept the apology, though

Unless you mean another situation

would you link me to a source or something about this? i’d like to know a little more for closure purposes lol

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

she sacrifices a friend per record to get universal acclaim. rumor has it that Nikki Lane is next if BB hits 7.5 on metacritic:true:

maybe she already sacrificed her in that swimming pool :true: 

38 minutes ago, bigspender said:

would you link me to a source or something about this? i’d like to know a little more for closure purposes lol

Sorry, it was so long ago I have no idea what the account was. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I love Blue Banisters even more after seeing the video for it; I keep replaying it. I’m curious about the one with Clay….but this one was like watching a calm before the storm. The shots of the weathervane were gorgeous. Her best video of this era so far. Also adds a nice idea to the visual concept of the album as a whole. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

3 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

I love Blue Banisters even more after seeing the video for it; I keep replaying it. I’m curious about the one with Clay….but this one was like watching a calm before the storm. The shots of the weathervane were gorgeous. Her best video of this era so far. Also adds a nice idea to the visual concept of the album as a whole. 

I would like for the one with Clay to leak but as a COCC video which probably was

10 hours ago, bigspender said:

i believe it’s her backyard, just like the ultraviolence photoshoot. it’s the same set as arcadia 

Arcadia alt video u mean?

I think the original was shot somewhere else..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong xD

38 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Arcadia alt video u mean?

I think the original was shot somewhere else..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong xD

both are in/at her house but i was referencing the alt vid

37 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

What theory did our @Obdurationpost about BB video...someone mentioned it fits his vision..

i explained it all in one of the pages on this thread

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, takeitdoen said:
  • I think Lana either needs acting lessons, or a proper director because the breaking into smiles is fine but she does it all over the place and there seems to be no gravtias when she is feeling down since the remedy is immediate. 

She smiles only because she is just having a happy time with her "sisters": Her pain is already washed away or under the surface and she doesn't show it. But if you look closer, she is also thoughtful in some moments.

This video might be my fave with COCC one.

It really feels like a short author movie, like a Gus Van Sant movie. The way the feelings are portrayed, the whole visual aspect of it, the cut, the subtle narrative (it's so risky to picture the lyrics of a song on a music video, but here it's delicate and beautiful), plus the very bittersweet ending : the way Lana looks at the camera seems to tell a secret story, that she is still, in a way, haunted by troubles and that she knows the support of her family and friends will not be enough for what she's carrying ; she keeps on painting the banister but it will not be enough to hide the sadness. That's what I saw, and I really liked it.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

15 minutes ago, HONEYMOON said:

Does anyone know who filmed and produced this? I wanna know the credits :lanasrs:

on her honeymoon post she said it was her bother and Chris who filmed it, and it was produced by nobody :omfg2:

"Don’t forget me"