Yosemite

Blue Banisters [MUSIC VIDEO]

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

like there are just moments where they spend the whole verse on just one shot and it's strange, i think there should have been more sceneries and different sets, also the song screams night time so i think there should have been at least one night time shot, thinking about the clay video now and it fits so much better... i liked the sentiment of her paintint the banisters, but i wouldn't preffered if the whole video wasn't based around it 

I really like it, she says she likes videos that don’t go anywhere and it was a nice taste of the album photoshoot; but I agree a change of scenery or time would have been nice..the video also feels just slightly lacking in color 

"Don’t forget me"

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Wait wait, which theories? :dua: I wanna know :oic: 

That the entire album is a concept based upon a memory, text book is the most recent song that correlates to her life in terms of lyrics. Blue banisters is set in the present until jenny asks her how the hell she got on a john deere, when she starts reminiscing on her past and the rest of the lyrics in blue banisters are just a memory. Then the album goes on and it’s all set in the past and she’s reliving every song as it goes on. Then, by the time we get to Cherry Blossom, we’re back up to the present. And while she was reminiscing the whole time, time passed and now Sweet Carolina is the present. 

This theory makes sense to me considering she said this album is what happened, why it happened, and how it is now….. it just took some piecing together 

giphy.gif

Just finished watching the MV at work. Such a lovely project. I personally love the faded colors/filter.

The way she's doing such mundane things and making it look glamourous and sad at the same time... the little clues and references to things mentioned in the song and other songs from the album throughout the video such as thunder/lightning/weathervane/tex/mex/a baby on the way/chuck making birthday cake/a picture of her on a John Deere (not on the wall tho :teehee:) the flowers, Chuck scared/nervous of having the baby blues (that awkward seconds of her puppy eyes at 2:35) and probably many more, makes this entire video so personal and like a gift to all of us who understand her.

I liked it a lot and can't wait to get home and watch it again :wub:

the video is very pretty and oddly comforting. i love that there's a strong aesthetic this era rather than a mix of professionalism and random homemade clips 

also i'm just noticing chuck looks a lot like a grimes... :eartha2:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I am a fan of the way it's filmed. This one and the second Arcadia video are finally something that is homemade but not just random clips. I like the style and it's really getting me into the vibe of how she wants this album to feel. 

That look that she gives at the end of the video is the best part and definitely speaks of broken promises. 

I love the video, it’s so cute. Lana looks beautiful and chuck looks so cute with her belly. I wish it was only them two cause the other two rascals seemed out of place, specially the backup dancer :biblio: but it was cute nonetheless. I wonder if we’ll ever get to see the other one she did with play-doh 

wish Lana was wearing chuck’s dress, the long one with the off the shoulder sleeves. That dress is gorgeous but also it looked so cute on chuck being as she was pregart

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Just now, CmonDownToFL said:

I love the video, it’s so cute. Lana looks beautiful and chuck looks so cute with her belly. I wish it was only them two cause the other two rascals seemed out of place, specially the backup dancer :biblio: but it was cute nonetheless. I wonder if we’ll ever get to see the other one she did with play-doh 

i can't believe lana's blue banisters are actually made out of play-doh :biblio: :wowcry: d.i.y QUEEN! :wowcry:

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i can't believe lana's blue banisters are actually made out of play-doh :biblio: :wowcry: d.i.y QUEEN! :wowcry:

the image of wonky, melting banisters made of clay are clouding my mind :trisha:

but I was actually referring to her ex, Play-Doh? Also known as Clay? 

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass