Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

So I made my bestie play the album Right?

I mentioned that he'd cry to Beautiful and that Dealer has my fav moments in music history. 

He loved both

I made him play the whole album,

He skipped Text Book and Blue Banisters after a few seconds

:oprah2:

first listen: Miss Honeymoon has been dethroned, BB is my second favorite of Lana's album of time.

The original trio (WW, TB, BB) icons, amazing songs. BBS.... BBS CAME FOR MY BLOOD. I FEEL I've heard this song before, I feel I know this song intimately and it knows me. It might be my edible, but its beautiful, experimental, unhinged, incredibly sweet, wild, SHE IS EVERYTHING .....

BLACK BATHING SUIT !

Lana has really experimented, even at times giving me Kate Bush vibes. This album is BTD meeting COTCC. Nah, they had sex and this is their baby BORN TO CHEMTRAILS UNDER THE COUNTRY CLUB. It's her past and her wishes for the future. Its old era meeting new. AMAZING CAREER HIGHLIGHT:crai:

bc we were built for the lawwwng hawwwwuuuul freight train 

giphy.gif

burned buh fiiiya without a trial

giphy.gif

lack a stow away 

rainbow-stow-away.gif

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Maybe this is moronic (I’ve had edibles & alcohol), but Sweet Carolina makes me feel like I’m in one of those combo music box+snow globe things

fRBB3Q6.jpg
one of the dreamiest songs in her entire discography, even if very subtly so—headphones are a must:lange:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, Elle said:

Okay, completely bawling my eyes out after Sweet Carolina. Seriously, crying like a baby right now, so I'm fighting back tears as I write this.

This is probably a bit personal for me to share, but I spoke about it a little bit ago last month when I shared a GoFundMe link for something regarding this.

At the beginning of this year in January, one of my best friends announced an unexpected pregnancy with her fiancé. Our friends & I were surprised, but told her we were there to support her through every step.

As a bridesmaid, I watched her walk beautifully down the aisle to marry her husband in June, knowing their baby would be shortly on the way. Was fighting back tears then too. (& didn't do a very good job at it based on the pictures.)

I then got to attend her baby shower in August, reveling in her excitement and nervousness. She was so scared, not feeling completely prepared, but she was so excited for her new child.

She gave birth to her lovely baby boy on August 28th after a 48-hour labour. She was so happy and we were all happy for her, and it was the beginning of a new hour.

I don't even know how to write this next part, again as I'm still crying here, but her son unfortunately passed away just 9 days later in her arms suddenly from SIDS. She had texted me in the middle of the night about it as her son was airlifted to the hospital.. not really having much hope from the doctors.. until he was eventually declared braindead.

It was like the world had completely shattered in front of all of our eyes.

Some friends flew in for the funeral, and seeing her once more walk down an isle.. this time completely heartbroken and empty inside.. I don't think anything has ever broken my heart more.

The first time I saw her since the funeral was two weeks ago when her, her sister, and I went up to the mountains for a little birthday celebration for me. She was laughing and having fun, showing a little of that old side of her joyous self that had been completely wiped away after the tragedy she faced. 

I love her so much, and this song makes me think of her.

We love every hair on your head

Love you like God loves you

& you say that you're scared

Might be unprepared for havin' the baby blues

Baby blues

Baby blues

If things ever go wrong

Just know this is your song and we love you

:xcry:

I love you, M x

Wow ok now I'm crying :xcry:

somebody please go on Genius and do more lyrics analysings :trisha: i'm soooo dying to get to learn more & get into the lyrics of this album (since English isn't my first language, it's kinda difficult for me to understand what she talking about and all the metaphors/cultural references in her songs).

:krylie:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

finished again and I'm soooooo happy!!!! I love it so much this album is something else!!!!!!!!

yes there are piano ballads but there's so much more to it

I'm gonna listen to some tracks again before going to sleep see y'all in some hours!!!!

goodnight!!!!

7732-F327-F4-C4-41-D0-B602-73-F1-B5-AC58

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Ok I only slept 4 hours but I don't wanna go back to sleep , I can't wait to dive deep  into this thread now & read anyones reaction :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Although I had already done my track rating in the pre-release thread, over the past few days I've already shuffled all these songs again. lol :hide: And at the moment I find myself attached to this masterpiece: "If You Lie Down With Me." :bop: