Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

6 minutes ago, Elle said:

Okay, completely bawling my eyes out after Sweet Carolina. Seriously, crying like a baby right now, so I'm fighting back tears as I write this.

This is probably a bit personal for me to share, but I spoke about it a little bit ago last month when I shared a GoFundMe link for something regarding this.

At the beginning of this year in January, one of my best friends announced an unexpected pregnancy with her fiancé. Our friends & I were surprised, but told her we were there to support her through every step.

As a bridesmaid, I watched her walk beautifully down the aisle to marry her husband in June, knowing their baby would be shortly on the way. Was fighting back tears then too. (& didn't do a very good job at it based on the pictures.)

I then got to attend her baby shower in August, reveling in her excitement and nervousness. She was so scared, not feeling completely prepared, but she was so excited for her new child.

She gave birth to her lovely baby boy on August 28th after a 48-hour labour. A perfectly healthy baby. She was so happy and we were all happy for her, and it was the beginning of a new chapter.

I don't even know how to write this next part, again as I'm still crying here, but her son unfortunately passed away just 9 days later in her arms suddenly from SIDS. She had texted me in the middle of the night about it as her son was airlifted to the hospital.. not really having much hope from the doctors.. until he was eventually declared braindead.

It was like the world had completely shattered in front of all of our eyes.

Some friends flew in for the funeral, and seeing her once more walk down an isle.. this time completely heartbroken and empty inside.. I don't think anything has ever broken my heart more.

The first time I saw her since the funeral was two weeks ago when her, her sister, and I went up to the mountains for a little birthday celebration for me. She was laughing and having fun, showing a little of that old side of her joyous self that had been completely wiped away after the tragedy she faced. 

I love her so much, and this song makes me think of her.

We love every hair on your head

Love you like God loves you

& you say that you're scared

Might be unprepared for havin' the baby blues

Baby blues

Baby blues

If things ever go wrong

Just know this is your song and we love you

:xcry:

I love you, M x

I told you, tissues!!!!

cristiano-oliveira-sad.gif

That's really sweet, I hope you send it to her and it makes her feel good, it's such a beautiful track. Ugh, this album already doing the most 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

This album is soooooo much better the Chemtrails. :ma:

it's just like.... so much more interesting. i love chemtrails but i really love her unhinged and avante-garde

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

LANA DEL REY BLUE COUNTRY CLUB WORLD TOUR

SET LIST:

1. text book

2. not all those who wander are lost

3. thunder

4. wildfire wildflower / wild at heart

5. TJF

6. BBS

7. Dealer

8. White Dress

9. If You Lie Down with Me / LMLYLW

10. Yosemite

11. Living Legend

12. Arcadia

13. COTCC

oldies and goodies thrown in between ofc ;)

Now the album is out,

Let us appreciate the supremacy of IF YOU LIE DOWN WITH ME!!! 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 minutes ago, Elle said:

Okay, completely bawling my eyes out after Sweet Carolina. Seriously, crying like a baby right now, so I'm fighting back tears as I write this.

This is probably a bit personal for me to share, but I spoke about it a little bit ago last month when I shared a GoFundMe link for something regarding this.

At the beginning of this year in January, one of my best friends announced an unexpected pregnancy with her fiancé. Our friends & I were surprised, but told her we were there to support her through every step.

As a bridesmaid, I watched her walk beautifully down the aisle to marry her husband in June, knowing their baby would be shortly on the way. Was fighting back tears then too. (& didn't do a very good job at it based on the pictures.)

I then got to attend her baby shower in August, reveling in her excitement and nervousness. She was so scared, not feeling completely prepared, but she was so excited for her new child.

She gave birth to her lovely baby boy on August 28th after a 48-hour labour. A perfectly healthy baby. She was so happy and we were all happy for her, and it was the beginning of a new chapter.

I don't even know how to write this next part, again as I'm still crying here, but her son unfortunately passed away just 9 days later in her arms suddenly from SIDS. She had texted me in the middle of the night about it as her son was airlifted to the hospital.. not really having much hope from the doctors.. until he was eventually declared braindead.

Some friends flew in for the funeral, and seeing her once more walk down an isle.. this time completely heartbroken and empty inside.. I don't think anything has ever broken my heart more.

The first time I saw her since the funeral was two weeks ago when her, her sister, and I went up to the mountains for a little birthday celebration for me. She was laughing and having fun, showing a little of that old side of her joyous self that had been completely wiped away after the tragedy she faced. 

Baby blues

Baby blues

If things ever go wrong

I love you, M x

Oh Elle, my heart sunk as I read this. I'm sorry your friend went through this, nothing like the loss of a child.

Sending love and light, it's all I can say.

Just now, wildheart said:

LANA DEL REY BLUE COUNTRY CLUB WORLD TOUR

SET LIST:

1. text book

2. not all those who wander are lost

3. thunder

4. wildfire wildflower / wild at heart

5. TJF

6. BBS

7. Dealer

8. White Dress

9. If You Lie Down with Me / LMLYLW

10. Yosemite

11. Living Legend

12. Arcadia

13. COTCC

oldies and goodies thrown in between ofc ;)

you're a dreamer, you dream a lot

I'm heading off to bed since I'm so tired that I think I'm getting high off of my own exhaustion, but I'll be back tomorrow to share my full review of the album and live in the post Blue Banisters world with all of you lovelies. Happy release day, everyone! :heart:

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, HollywoodSlutx said:

Refusing to believe that she says “dreamy nights” in if you lie down with me and not “treat me nice”

personally, i refuse to believe she's says "treat me nice" and "treat you like a holiday" within a 3 line in succession

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

I need her not to ever go back to Jack after this. if NFR was a peak in her commercial praise, we need her to keep doing what she did here. even if we had part of the album a year ago tbh, this album was a choice and i'm so fucking glad she made it. this is an absolute peak of Lana's career. i seriously can't get over how many great albums she's actually put out like fuck, what????

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

18 minutes ago, Elle said:

Baby blues

Baby blues

If things ever go wrong

I love you, M x

I- 😔