Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

QUESTION: Anyone who uses iTunes. I bought Blue Banisters, but the Tringles say "purchased" because I bought them as singles months ago. I want the singles to be a part of the album without changing the info. How do I fix this?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Does she say "one-nine-sixties - 1960s" or "one night sixties" tho? I saw it was "one night sixties" on Genius but does it make sense (sorry i'm not a native speaker guys) :lange:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, Vanilla Icy said:

the piano work on this album has an emotion of its own like opening of beautiful just makes me tear up wtf 

this album literally made me genuinely enjoy a piano driven Lana song in a way that Jack Antonoff never could :true:

I always think about how Lana has described the closer of the record to be the jumping point for the album to follow. 

If Sweet Carolina is any indication of what’s next, I think we’re in for a treat. I can totally hear American Standards & Classics following a similar vein of production; with her recent posts about the covers album, I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being LDR9:oprah3:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

i'm honestly too lazy to do a full-fledged review so i'll just rate each track & share a few key thoughts... :bebe: 

text book - 9/10

blue banisters - 8/10

arcadia - 7.5/10

the trio - 7/10

black bathing suit - 10/10

if you lie down with me - 6.5/10

beautiful - 6/10

violets for roses - 6.5/10

dealer - 7/10

thunder - 6.5/10

wildflower wildfire - 10/10

nectar of the gods - 7/10

living legend - 8/10

cherry blossom - 8/10

sweet carolina - 6.5/10

:bebe: 

i'm still not a huge fan of iyldwm, beautiful, & violets for roses, i just can't seem to really "click" with them, iyldwm may just be a matter of warming up to it more, but beautiful & violets for roses don't interest me at all, i don't find anything intriguing or interesting about them, they are pretty, nice songs, but that's really it, pleasant, pretty piano ballads, i just don't click with them :sadcore: also, not a fan of the reworked thunder, the instrumentals feel out of place, and maybe it's because i'm used to the 2017 version, but the piano & acoustic guitar just don't feel like they fully "fit" the track, also some of the vocals, especially near the second half of the track sound really muffled & strange, i think my last major issue is simply the fact that she included nectar, living legend, & cherry as they were, i really think she would of benefitted from reworking them, at least thunder sounds different, but i didn't really feel anything about nectar, cherry, or living legend being here, i do agree that this album feels more like a collection of songs/playlist rather than an album, i feel like i'm the only person who's not really fully feeling this, but it seems like everybody else is, which i think is amazing & great! i will say that black bathing suit & wfwf are absolutely incredible, i'm so glad we have them <3

WGe8ynS.gif

so is everyone ready to discuss the best songs out of the un-leaked nondemos batch

and they're very obviously and by a huge margin Beautiful, Sweet Carolina, and Blue Banisters

salvatore

This is the love child of the best parts of Honeymoon, Ultraviolence and Chemtrails over the Country Club. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

This is the love child of the best parts of Honeymoon, Ultraviolence and Chemtrails over the Country Club. 

Definitely. The sprawling pace of Honeymoon, the bluesy hints of Ultraviolence, and the road trip/family ties of COCC. :wub:

3 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Keep her away from Jack and his cheap piano patches, this is the real deal.

:mj2:

Jack's dusty, tin can piano shall never be heard on a Lana Del Rey project ever again. :bye:

Just now, Poor Stacy said:

Definitely. The sprawling pace of Honeymoon, the bluesy hints of Ultraviolence, and the road trip/family ties of COCC. :wub:

Exactly!

I don't know why this album got 100 times better now that it's officially out, but it has.