Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

2 hours ago, Venice said:

To all the brave btches who maintained self control all this time - what are you top faves upon your first few listens!! I NEED TO KNOW.

:party::party::party:

I’ve only had time to listen once but honestly, it’s such a hard pick, all the songs are flawless.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Ok guys I'm working on a track by track review right now but I'm going to post the one about BBS now bc it really made me write for 40 minutes straight &  it's quite long:trisha:

Thank you to anyone who is going to read this :heart:

Spoiler

5. Black Bathing Suit
The INTRO. So so beautiful,  the crows,  the birds chirping,  the piano in the back & those whistling sounds before the verse starts. Makes me feel I'm  alone at  an empty train station in an old ghost town,on a foggy,cold autumn morning with crows flying around. It captures kinda the mood of the whole pandemic somehow with the crows being kinda an apocalyptic sign. But the intro is kinda magical sounding too , like I'm in a wizard movie. Totally living for those sound effects & details , I can't appreciate them enough. Then the verse starts & wooow it's beautiful & relatable too. So interesting & surprising that this song is Grenadine Quarantine & If this is the end I want a boyfriend & so happy we know what happened with them voice notes & that we  finally got them!! Piano & instrumentation is so beautiful. And then the pre chorus starts. Immediately got goosebumps on my first listen during this part. The drums , the lyrics,  her voice , so beautiful & it sounds so Lana in the best way possible. I'm in love with the way she sings Black Bathing Suit & the "looking at me, looking over at you  real cute "part is EVERYTHING!! And then a tempo change again into the chorus,  I was so confused on my first listen. But the lyrics are everything haha.And then back to the verse which is so beautiful sonically &  the mother line on the second verse:trisha:!! And when she sings the Angel part in the pre chorus, her voice sounds like velvet. Love the " I wish you could see through my soul" line a lot & kinda  relate to it. Then the chorus comes again , her screaming/ intense vocals are an absolute highlight,  the chaotic  instrumental in the background,  the MEHEL ME WHEN YOU GET THE BLUUHUEES  part pls  so sarcastic & she is done with that shit. This whole chaotic & messy  vibe, it's one of my favourite things  Lana ever did. She channels the feelings of the pandemic & what 2020 was for her so well in this song , the way it slowly looses it's sanity & turns into sth messy & the screaming parts where she let's everything  out ( e.g "  OOOOOH LET EMM TALK ABOUT ME " ), the instrumentals I can't imagine how they came up with this idea but so glad they did. The drums on this song !! The outro , I still don't know the lyrics haha but it's everything & I want it to go on forever. Then just  the instrumental keeps going & it kinda sounds like they throwing stuff around before it ends with the very beautiful piano/keyboards only. It was a lot to take for me at my first listen & it left me confused but it clicked with me really fast.This song is my favourite song  on this album for so many aspects & one my favourite songs ever. I can't stop talking about & still I feel like I haven't appreciated it enough. My chaotic mind & soul really feel at home in this song haha. Still I'm shook after every listen. Lemme tell you again the messy/ chaotic part is everything.  It's so weird but in the best way possible. Truly NO ONE CAN DOES IT BETTER than her!!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Lanas Leaked Songs said:

The Pitchfork score is a disgrace but whatever, this is literally one or her best projects yet 

still higher than Chemtrails tho. Jack Antonoff hate campaign is really strong this year :hair:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, Icecream Icequeen said:

I can’t wait to watch AJayll to react to this. 

I just know she will cry during Beautiful and will be scalped during Living Legend’s whywhwywhwywhwywhywhwy :angie:

This album will destroying her:bebe:

Regarding the previously unreleased tracks on the album:

- Thunder is what it should’ve always been. The build up is so good!! Definitely one of my favourite tracks on the album, the production is gold.

- I never really liked NOTG before, but within the context of the album, I like it much more! I’m glad I never played it too much, it was a surprisingly beautiful experience.

- Living Legend and Cherry Blossom have always been some of my favourite unreleased songs, they’re so painful to listen to in the context of the album, but in a good day. Cannot wait to send LL to a certain someone and tell them how much of an impact they’ve had on me… they really are my living legend. CB made me sob so much, the bridge destroys me. It fits BB perfectly and I’m eternally grateful to Lana for choosing to include take 3 on the album.

- I might be the only one but I really don’t get the hyper around Dealer. I hate the guy’s voice, I really cannot see myself listening to that song, he’s like 70% of it… Lana’s part is so f-ing good, and the instrumental is cool af, but it doesn’t really go anywhere so I’ll pass on this song.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

remembering how it started makes me cry :trisha: we came such a long way from this besties

5hmzQ7B.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

This album made me love piano :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: