Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

4 minutes ago, SarcasticBeauty said:

?? I think I read these lyrics differently. LOL I hear them so negatively about the guy she's singing to.

I read it as she really trusted this guy and thought he was different from the others, so she's no longer wondering why men always hurt her. BUT if you consider the first verse, when she says "It seemed only appropriate you'd easily have my back", this can be interpreted as what she thought of him vs. what he was really like (just like the rest). I think there can be multiple interpretations here. It just makes me really sad because Blue Banisters dwells on how things ended between them and how hurt she felt as a result. She saw something in him, and when that vision turned to dust, she was left with a hole in her heart :sadcore:

42 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

- I never really liked NOTG before, but within the context of the album, I like it much more! I’m glad I never played it too much, it was a surprisingly beautiful experience.

Right?? Like, I loved it when it leaked, I even tried to analyze it in the lyrics thread but then it became kinda "meh" to me, but now?? Lana?? Miss Lana?? It works so well in the album, I didn't expect it to but omg, she's a genius and I love her. :trisha:

40 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

"PiAnO aLBum IS goNnA bE BoReD"

Bitch, u wish

I'm bitch and I was proven wrong. :ahh:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, VeniceFag said:

Stupid question but when she says “Just do it. Just do it, Don’t wait” what is the “it” she’s asking him to do?

The lyric "If hello just means goodbye then honey, better walk away" makes me think she wants him to leave

19 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

theory I think "Violet for Roses" is about her ex Chase, (pure opinion)

the "paramount sign sparkling" allusion hits right at him.... to the day she went to paramount pictures in *Larchmont village, with him,

how he wanted / wants to be an actor, (presumably fame, he was on set of Dont call me angel)

how he probably was all into the fame and notoriety, the Rolls Royce's and money & fame lana has and how she's fine with just a simple chevy truck... 

he prolly critiqued her nails, her cheap jewelry that she gets for fun, 

and how she's in love with the city again, kinda reminds me of how much love she got in LA during NFR and that was when she "fell out of love with" him ? 

Clayton also seems very interested in being famous. :oopna2: I don't know, when I listen to this song for the first time, I immediately remembered that post of hers from March/April about "personal sovereignty". 🤔

5 minutes ago, VeniceFag said:

Stupid question but when she says “Just do it. Just do it, Don’t wait” what is the “it” she’s asking him to do?

i just assumed it was sewer side :awkney:

RVhKIwP.gif

3 minutes ago, littleseashell said:

I read it as she really trusted this guy and thought he was different from the others, so she's no longer wondering why men always hurt her. BUT if you consider the first verse, when she says "It seemed only appropriate you'd easily have my back", this can be interpreted as what she thought of him vs. what he was really like (just like the rest). I think there can be multiple interpretations here. It just makes me really sad because Blue Banisters dwells on how things ended between them and how hurt she felt as a result. She saw something in him, and when that vision turned to dust, she was left with a hole in her heart :sadcore:

Very true! There can be more than one! I wasn't trying to say yours was wrong.

I always looked at it as, the other men she met were okay and his friends but they only turned around and stabbed her guy in the back, and now that she understands who he is, she can see why they did it. He's no good. So of course he'd do the same thing to her. 

Yours makes more sense though.

This might be my new favourite album of hers :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

My top 3-4 for now:

1- Nectar of the Gods

2- Dealer
3- If you lie down with me
4- Cherry Blossom

My english isn't good enough to describe how much I love Dealer and Nectar of the Gods.  :icant:

11 minutes ago, VeniceFag said:

9 minutes ago, Corona said:

The lyric "If hello just means goodbye then honey, better walk away" makes me think she wants him to leave

00162110s2.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Question for the culture:

Now that "Blue Banisters" has been finally out. What's the score do you guys think Complex will give for her "revenge"?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I love seeing all the love & praise this album gets in this thread:oprah::oprah4:

SHE TRULY DID THIS!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Pitchfork on that sweet carolina verse:

“It’s funny and real, a reminder that the people we love most aren’t just the ones to whom we dedicate our earnest love songs—they’re often the recipients of our dumbest jokes.“

I actually really agree with this, one of my favorite verses, I think a lot of people are missing Lana’s sense of humor. and of all publications, PITCHFORK??? Gets it??? for once??

3 minutes ago, SarcasticBeauty said:

Very true! There can be more than one! I wasn't trying to say yours was wrong.

I always looked at it as, the other men she met were okay and his friends but they only turned around and stabbed her guy in the back, and now that she understands who he is, she can see why they did it. He's no good. So of course he'd do the same thing to her. 

Yours makes more sense though.

YOUR MIND :wowcry:. I would have never thought of it this way. Very interesting point of view! Sometimes I wish Lana would provide us more context in her songs but I also don't want to invade her privacy :ohno:. I just love getting to know her story/journey :die: