Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

16 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Clayton also seems very interested in being famous. :oopna2: I don't know, when I listen to this song for the first time, I immediately remembered that post of hers from March/April about "personal sovereignty". 🤔

I immediately thought of him when I heard Violets for Roses too. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

17 minutes ago, VeniceFag said:

Stupid question but when she says “Just do it. Just do it, Don’t wait” what is the “it” she’s asking him to do?

I think it's about a guy who's not committing - neither to staying nor leaving.

He "rolls like thunder" when he's around his friends or drunk at parties but privately, he's an indecisive mess. She wants him to get off the fence, so the "it" could either be him leaning into their relationship or packing his stuff and leave.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Can all the jack haters now realise that if anyone is pushing a piano based stripped down sound, it’s Lana.

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

So ... doing some Lanalysis

Text Book is about Sticks-Sean.

Violets For Roses and Blue Banisters are likely about Clay

Dealer might be about G Eazy?

Nectar Of The Gods is about Barrie

Thunder could be about either Barrie or Francesco

@Elle I loved your posts & reactions to the album so much :wowcry: The SC one made me so emotional & cry , I really appreciate that you opened up to us like that lot!! Sending you & your friend a lot of love & a hug:heart: 

Violets for Roses ..I feel you with that one & this song truly hits & I loved your important message at the end:kiss:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, LanaBoi said:

Can all the jack haters now realise that if anyone is pushing a piano based stripped down sound, it’s Lana.

No hate to Jack. But this is MILES ahead of COCC.

The problem with Jack is not his production..its his equipment and the mixing is horrible ...??? The microphone is shit. It muffles Lana's vocals too much. It is like some angsty poor teen microphone 

2 minutes ago, LanaBoi said:

Well, but BB kinda proves that "stripped back" does not necessarily has to mean flat songs with the depth of a dinner plate. Compare the impact of tracks like Violets For Roses, Wildflower Wildfire or Arcadia to the emptyness of Not All Who Wander Are Lost, Wild At Heat or LMLYLAW.

6 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Question for the culture:

Now that "Blue Banisters" has been finally out. What's the score do you guys think Complex will give for her "revenge"?

omg I hadn’t thought about this..but now imagining the meltdowns if she announces another record as a response to criticism:toofunny:

then again, it’ll be interesting if they rate BB really well. I’m curious to see what they’ll say now lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, LanaBoi said:

Yes it's Lana who wants that sound.  But I enjoy the piano on this album way more than on the two past albums if I'm being honest. The piano sounds so beautiful & interesting on this album!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just finished listening and it’s so beautiful seeing her settle down into a more quiet/domestic life and better yet, hearing how it manifests through the music.

There’s a sort of meditative quality/gentleness to the album and it’s so raw, I love it.

I can definitely see how I Can Fly and Fine China were considered for inclusion at one point given that they both have that sort of idyllic sound and lyricism that sort of lines up with the themes of family and self realization throughout the album.

Makes me think Is This Happiness could probably fit there too given that it was written in the same sessions as the two above songs and is in the same vein of being a gentle, piano ballad.

I actually love the samples Rick used in Is This Happiness with the sound of the birds chirping and that whirring sound and I love that some of the songs on the album have that same sort of ambient like feel.

The strings in the album version of Thunder was especially a beautiful touch though I definitely think the demo leaves a stronger impression.

All in all, I’m glad Lana always stays true to her creative vision and her songwriting and I’m at a point as a fan where I’m happy as long as she’s happy with the music she’s making.

Like yeah, I could be nit picky about the technicalities and the production like I was with LFL but fuck it, I’m just gonna sit back and enjoy the music :)

After having the album for a few hours I honestly think this is one of my favourites from her, it’s real and it does exactly what it’s supposed to it goes straight to the point. When I found out it was mostly piano driven I was a bit worried but yet again she’s done it again :dance:

That one line “Let me show you how sadness can turn into happiness
I can turn blue into something” fully nearly brought me to tears last night because it’s exactly how I feel right now I’m the happiest I’ve ever been for a long while and I’ve finally found my people and this line really reminded me of that. 

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

I remember her saying about COCC that it needs one more defining song like Dealer to get it to the place it needs to be at and I feel like Dealer had that exact effect on BB. The song just makes the album as a whole so much more interesting & special imo.

qfrWuBl.png