Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

15 minutes ago, littleseashell said:

YOUR MIND :wowcry:. I would have never thought of it this way. Very interesting point of view! Sometimes I wish Lana would provide us more context in her songs but I also don't want to invade her privacy :ohno:. I just love getting to know her story/journey :die:

LOL I think, even though I know many of Lana songs (especially in the recent years) are about different men. It seems like her taste for the guy who acts like he's good but actually isn't, and is kind of a snake (even to his friends) is a running theme. So I just auto thought it was meant to be an insult lol. 

I agree more context would be so great for the storyline. But I respect her privacy and acceptance of interpretation.

I guess it's fine to dislike something your fave is doing. This album just kept getting worse for me each day and on release day I don't wanna listen to it in full. :/ 

This is the first time for me. Even LFL lasted few months, COCC was meh in full but it works as a background music.
It's not even the songs for me, it's just that all these songs together don't work for me as an album. So long and slow. 
But I'll make a playlist with 11 or 12 songs and save the other 3 - 4 to my liked songs. This way I hope I'll be able to give her streams.
I like most of the songs though.

I love how classically-arranged this record is.

Arcadia and Violets for Roses are so pastoral with their strings and choral soundscapes.

The piano on Beautiful and Sweet Carolina is almost impressionistic and reminds me a lot of Debussy. 

There is just so much I love about this album. I need to save my thoughts for some longer posts about the record’s narrative pieced together + the actual musicianship that accompanies that narrative! 

:wowcry::cryney2::heart::thankyou::sadcore5::spin:

10 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

No hate to Jack. But this is MILES ahead of COCC.

The problem with Jack is not his production..its his equipment and the mixing is horrible ...??? The microphone is shit. It muffles Lana's vocals too much. It is like some angsty poor teen microphone 

I think COCC is ahead of this and NFR is well ahead, though I need to give it some time. 

I've never had a problem with Jack's mixing and equipment! 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

So we're not going to acknowledge the excellence of the 1-2 punch that is Cherry Blossom -> Sweet Carolina to finish off the album, are we?

Two of my favorites, ends the album on such a gorgeous high. :wub:

I just remembered there's the Steven Colbert show tonight!!! I haven't slept in about 36 hours now and I'm still just so excited about everything. I honestly feel like I've had a lot of white powdery stuff from Lana's dealer. :cumming2:

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

So we're not going to acknowledge the excellence of the 1-2 punch that is Cherry Blossom -> Sweet Carolina to finish off the album, are we?

Two of my favorites, ends the album on such a gorgeous high. :wub:

the punches in question: 

anime-kid.gif

RVhKIwP.gif

13 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Well, but BB kinda proves that "stripped back" does not necessarily has to mean flat songs with the depth of a dinner plate. Compare the impact of tracks like Violets For Roses, Wildflower Wildfire or Arcadia to the emptyness of Not All Who Wander Are Lost, Wild At Heat or LMLYLAW.

Well on first listen the whole album feels flatter than songs like Wild at Heart... 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

6 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

26 songs within 7 months. :diva: We fucking WON!!! :diva:

I love having tons of music but I still feel COTCC should have come out late last year. I feel the production/vinyl manufacture was delayed bc of Covid. It just fits the pandemic haze with its desolate desert dreamscape, it’s open and vulnerable.

BB is a post pandemic reflection, a fiery storm of old dreams and beautiful hopes colored in blues and flowery landscapes. 

ideally: NFR! - summer 2019, COTCC - winter 2020, BB - autumn 2021.

1 minute ago, whiteroses said:

violets for roses is a grower:defeated:

I think that one is going to instantly become some people favorites if they go through similar situations. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you