Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Just some thoughts:

This album is better than Chemtrails and L*st F*r L*fe, but not as good as NFR, Born To Die, or Ultraviolence. 

Black Bathing Suit is a career highlight and her best song in years. Just stunning. 

The second half of Blue Banisters is stronger than the first one. 

Blue Banisters is lowkey her worst title track to date, don't @ me. 

Wildflower Wildfire remains the best one of the four pre-release singles. 

Why is Miles Kane not credited as a featured artist on Dealer nnn?

I'm so happy she put Thunder and Living Legend on the album. 

The correct Holy Trinity of this album is Black Bathing Suit, Thunder, and Living Legend. 

In conclusion: She fucking did it again!

I'm still pissed she didn't release the tractor cover version of the vinyl in the EU. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

dance me all around the room,

spin me like a ballerina - super high

dance me all around the moon

light me up - like the fourth of july

:grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds::grinds:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

11 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

BB has joined the holy trinity:gasp: UV, NFR & BB :cryney2:

OMG THIS IS MY HOLY TRINITY (right now, i'm so sorry Lust for Life :trisha:)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Cannot wait to listen to the album with my mom. We have this tradition of listening to every LDR record together at least once, and I’m sure she’s going to like this one because she loves Lana’s lower register, and she uses it in quite a few songs  :wub: 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 hours ago, LanaBoi said:

Can all the jack haters now realise that if anyone is pushing a piano based stripped down sound, it’s Lana.

I’ve said it here before but I prefer the piano instrumentation on BB because it’s a lot more complex and pretty, but I prefer the actual songs from LFL -> COCC (though Sweet Carolina is an exception, gorgeous piano and lyrics). They’re more simple but Violets for Roses and Beautiful sound so lyrically and melodically generic to me. 

sgopYhV.gif

Done with my first listen...

This album is so much better than COCC for me. I love that she managed to catch me with something in the tracks that I'm not that into, for example If You Lie Down. I first thought the song is pretty whatever and then those amazing trumpets come in for the second half of the song. Beautiful is cute but also not a standout track for me, but then it has such a beautiful piano, probably the best on the record. Dealer is a career highlight - I just love it so much. The druggy, vintage beat and the screaming vocals! So fucking good! Nectar, Thunder and Living Legend are kind of a letdown, nice songs, but I expected more. 

Overall I'm surprised how much the tracks change and evolve in their second half. On one hand it's really nice and elevates the quality of most tracks. On the other hand it's kinda meh that nice musical gimmicks don't come in earlier. The only track where it makes sense that it kinda explodes and dissolves in the end is the amazing Black Bathing Suit.

It's a fantastic record, not better than UV, HM and NFR, but I'd put it right after so far. :flutter:

My trinity at the moment is Thunder, Wildflower Wildfire and Violets for Roses with honourable mentions for Dealer and Black Bathing Suit. The title track has grown on me a lot too

4 minutes ago, Rachel97 said:

My trinity at the moment is Thunder, Wildflower Wildfire and Violets for Roses with honourable mentions for Dealer and Black Bathing Suit. The title track has grown on me a lot too

100% agree, those are my exact faves off it too