Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

i think i’m one of the few who adored Text Book when it first dropped, the whole amy winehouse verses vibes yet west coast tempo switch-up - divine - and i prefer the bluesy more UV vibe type of songs but my favorites so far that had me obsessed on first listen are Text Book, Black Bathing Suit, IYLDWM, Beautiful, Dealer (had me like wtf when i first heard it, i giggled) and Thunder. 

BBS is completely unmatched to anything she’s ever created before, it’s chaotic and messy but so beautiful (and gives me UV vibes which I will always love) and it just was exactly what I was expecting and craving from her after COCC’s tease of TJF, COCC with the outro and DBJAG. it is so unexplainably unapologetically Lana and I am just trying not to overplay it. Thunder was my favorite unreleased last year and I played it quite a lot but I’m still not sure where I stand with the album version vs the demo, it’s beautiful but it lost the TLSP indie rock genre that it was in that gave it that unique feel to it but it’s still an amazing song. Dealer is so quirky and it makes me feel drunk. the first time I ever heard it I tried not to burst out laughing because it was so chaotic but it was a grower. Beautiful’s introduction and melody are chefs kiss, for someone who moaned at the constant ballads that have been released lately I love it it sounds so sweet.  I previously mentioned my view on Text Book above and honestly I feel like it is some of Lanas best work. this is just my opinion on my favorite songs so far, with each listen it’ll change.

:woot:

Okay wow. The way both of these album were designed with bordered album covers.jZjnBuo.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Manson said:

Am I losing my mind now?? Wasn't there a track on BB where she's talking about bleaching her hair to make a guy interested in her again? I can't find that lyric. :icant:

It’s text book

”Do you think if I go blonde, we could get our old love back?”

I really want to spam Lana’s management and streaming services about NOTG, LL and CB quality. It drives me crazy, they have to replace them with lossless files, it’s unacceptable that no one from the team hasn’t suggested this already.

6 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

I really want to spam Lana’s management and streaming services about NOTG, LL and CB quality. It drives me crazy, they have to replace them with lossless files, it’s unacceptable that no one from the team hasn’t suggested this already.

it honestly seems kinda like they lost the finished versions and didn't have the energy to work with them anymore, then downloaded them from Youtube and decided that they would do just fine as they are :toofunny:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

2 hours ago, BluVelvUnderground said:

I hope people come around to the tracklist. "Nectar of the Gods" is being underrated af, when it's one of the best things she's done - but following it up with "Living Legend" had me in tears. I haven't cried like that with one of her songs since "California" the first time I listened to NFR, and I think having it follow "How to disappear" is partly why that had me such a mess.  

Nectar is honestly one of my favourite songs she's ever done, I think its beautiful..  what do you think she means in the chorus by getting wild on him? I've had theories but I'd like to hear other peoples

Here's another real good review in german:

https://www.laut.de/Lana-Del-Rey/Alben/Blue-Banisters-117127

It shows how difficult it is to review this album because there are so many aspects to consider. But this review manages to do it, and I think it's very accurate.

Chemtrails was a great album but for some reasons I just couldn’t feel any connection to most of the songs on it. 

BB brings back what makes me love Lana. The connection that you feel when you listen to the songs. Every word feels genuine. The melody is beautiful and slightly chaotic. The poetry, the visuals and the emotions are all there. Such an amazing album :hair:

nF70D0F.png

...and there she sits on the cover of her second album of 2021, Blue Banisters, nestled between two German shepherds, serene and pastoral, removed from the world. Things, for the moment, seem peaceful. 

:crying4:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif