Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I can't handle reading reviews.  Everything starts with a rehash of Lana's career and tries to put it in context for today.  Then there is the over complicated analysis of lyrics, intentions, society etc.  I don't know if it's all that deep. I am working now so will download when I am done. I cannot give an unbiased opinion.  I am biased in that Lana's voice makes me crazy.  I know I will be pleased. 

OK SO I LOVE THIS ALBUM

BBS: best song on the album, the transitions of tempo are really good, love the out of sync drums and the vocals at the end aren't as wild as you made it to be, but i still love them
IYLDWM: hmm i'm gonna need more time with it, although i love the horns at the end
Beautiful: gorgeous song, i want to listen to the string version ASAP though, something tells me it's better
VFR: sooo gorgeous, the instrumentals are powerful
Dealer: fucking masterpiece, need to get used to the pitch though
Thunder: i'm not sure if it's better than the demo, but i actually like it! though her vocals on the second half sometimes sound badly mixed? i don't know if it's just me though
NOTG: should've been scrapped, not interesting at all, worst song on the album
LL: gorgeous song, the WAWAWAWA is PERFECT, but she should've re-recorded it
CB: don't have a problem with it being an old recording but if she re-recorded it it would've been better, but the melody and lyrics are there
SC: GOOOOOORGEOUS SONG, it's actually one of my faves, it's just so nice and the kills it vocally, rob kills it on the piano, one of her best closers

7 hours ago, Greenwich said:

Aww that's actually gorgeous. So much better than Carolina imo.. Yikes LOL

Chuck's real name is Caroline, so I believe that's why the song is named "Sweet Carolina" :really:

What an INCREDIBLE album cover to cover!!! I’m a number 1 Chemtrails fan but THIS album is what I’ve been missing since LFL :crying4:

I do wish LL, NOTG, and CB would have been even a little reworked, especially when thunder got a full rework but with the album being a 10/10 I forgive it!

This album, just like Chemtrails, shot up to my top 3 on the third listen. I can’t wait to see what else she has in store for us in the future, and I can’t wait to forever speculate and have fun with the Lanaboards family :wub:

"Don’t forget me"

1. Dealer 

2. Living Legend 

3. Thunder 

4. Black Bathing Suit

5. Blue Banisters 

6. Violets For Roses

7. If You Lie Down With Me

8. Nectar of the Gods

9. Beautiful 

10. Sweet Carolina

11. Cherry Blossom 

12. Arcadia

13. Text Book

14. Wildflower Wildfire 

15. Interlude 

tumblr_oesk7nL7gp1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

22 minutes ago, leo in saint tropez said:

for me the album have three parts: text book to interlude, bbs to wildflower and nectar to sweet caroline. despite i love bb, nectar and cherry blossom, the second part is really insane. best sequence ever

for me it is a bit more complex, in general four parts, but with transitions:

PART 1
1. Text Book
2. Blue Banisters
    3. Arcadia

4. Interlude

PART 2
5. Black Bathing Suit
6. If You Lie Down With Me
7. Beautiful
    8. Violet For Roses

PART 3
9. Dealer
10. Thunder
    11. Wildflower Wildfire
12. Nectar of the Gods

PART 4
13. Living Legend
14. Cherry Blossom
    15. Sweet Carolina

(By the way I found out, WW sounds better for me when played directly after IYLDWM)

1 hour ago, Sweb92 said:

Nectar is honestly one of my favourite songs she's ever done, I think its beautiful..  what do you think she means in the chorus by getting wild on him? I've had theories but I'd like to hear other peoples

It's vague enough to where it could really go many ways. She's going to be her own person and won't take being held back from whatever it is she wants to do. Maybe it's just getting angry. Maybe it's going hard in the bed. With the verses, though, and comparing it to the color blue, though, I think it's more than likely the inability to get him out of her mind. So many possibilities. :bliss:

7 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

Keep her away from Jack and his cheap piano patches, this is the real deal.

:mj2:

Heres the deal cause i know you wanna talk about it

lana never stepped in when Jack would play bad keys so I ended up hating the keys

later than beautiful and synths by mike dean

comfortable with wonderful playing

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

very glad Deezer lets you upload your own MP3s so i could replace Beautiful with the superior string version :flutter:

same for Living Legend, the lack of piano in the released version is a crime

Are those alternative versions older ones (from leaks years ago/YouTube) or where did you get them?

I wish Lana would have let mike go truly wild with synths for WW. Making him do a (basically) piano only song wasn’t the right move. WW (synth version) would have been fantastic in the first half of the album since the trio and BBS are both super weird and wild compared to the rest of the album.

"Don’t forget me"

i wish i had time to catch up on the last 37 pages :trisha:

anyways, this album is such a stunner. literally there's not one bad song. if i'd have to pick my "least" fave, it'd be cherry blossom, but only because i've heard her so many times. it's the weakest song on the tracklist imo. but, even then, it's still a beautiful track. ughh. this is such a perfect record. :true:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose