Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Alright so time to manifest the l*eak of Loved You Then and Now :hair: i want to know what the original title track of this album is like

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

i gotta say, this album may have to go in my top 3. i’m an UV lover and i’m still not sure about my placement of nfr but BB has worked its way into my heart. :worship:(i’m still not sure how to use gifs) 

unpopular opinion but i wish there were more songs in the vein of TB, BBS, Dealer and Thunder, i hope she goes in that direction for LDR9. :wink: i wouldn’t mind trading cherry blossom for a new song in that vein. but i adore it and happy listening lipsters:candy:

1 minute ago, Formation said:

Alright so time to manifest the l*eak of Loved You Then and Now :hair: i want to know what the original title track of this album is like

jack made it so just picture something boring and uninspired over the same 3 piano chords and voila :um2:

After further reflection, this album is actually very good. Took me a while to warm up to it but now I'm all toasty! :illumilana2:

Violets for Roses is sublime. The melody/hook is catchy (which is good for commercial appeal - just throwing it out there), and the lyrics have a nice meaning. I knew this would be my fave! The lyrics "Like the Paramount sign sparkling / Sparkling just for me" are so beautiful, and shows off a glamourous picture :flutter:

Sweet Carolina is gorgeous. Lana's vocals remind me of Yayo Paradise. Angelic and sweet. I ADORE the lyrics "You name your babe Lilac Heaven / after your iPhone 11" idk why lol

If You Lie Down With Me WHEW bitch. The big band at the end reminds me of something Frank Sinatra-ish. Very 1950's. Also I love how she threw in the "Spin me like a ballerina" lyrics. It's the Queen of Disaster throwback we needed! Also I just noticed while literally typing, but when she sings "dance me all around the room", it's literally the melody from On Our Way: "Spin me round, kiss me in your Chevrolet" Seriously can anyone else hear this????

Spoiler

Black Bathing Suit is a cute girl. I love the crows and music box sounds in the beginning. I wish it followed this sinister-ish vibe but then the piano comes through :stareney:Nevertheless, the chorus is very good and catchy. Actually the melody is very similar to Bartender: "You don't know me any better than they do, baby" / "Photo-free exits from baby's bedside". One thing I dislike about the song is when they start shouting "No one does it better!" like ugh pls stop. Ruins the overall tone of the song imo.

Beautiful Ugh the twinkling piano in the beginning is actually so pretty. It's a simple song but a lot of emotion shines through :nails:

Thunder This may be unpopular but the album version is much better than the demo. The demo was overproduced imo but the album version is nice because the excessive drums and guitar isn't drowning out Lana's voice so you can hear the lyrics with more clarity

As for Nectar, Cherry Blossom, Living Legend - I love them. They do kinda feel out of place on this album but hey, at least the non-hardcore Lana stans can enjoy them on streaming platforms now. 

WW - Meh. I need to warm up to her a bit

Text Book - I actually love this one. The way the tone switches up from the verse and chorus is interesting and keeps me hooked

BB - She's a cute girl honestly. My favourite part is "Summer comes, winter goes / Spring, I skip, God knows"

Hope ya'll enjoyed this review

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

3 minutes ago, Lustfordealer said:

the jack lovers have been real quiet lately. hes a flop wannabe one-man band. too bad he wasted so much time n songs

I still think he did a good job. But his music is more pleasing to critics and not so much to fans. I'm on both sides.

i gotta say this album is definitely one of my top 3 Lana albums, along with uv and honeymoon. the atmosphere of the songs is so magical and cozy in a way, i love it so much :wub:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

...and there she sits on the cover of her second album of 2021, Blue Banisters, nestled between two German shepherds, serene and pastoral, removed from the world. Things, for the moment, seem peaceful. 

:crying4:

Ugh... perfect description :icant:

3 minutes ago, sunchase said:

Guys can u help me out to find a storyline i wanted for Sweet Carolina

Does anyone know the exact birth date of Chucks baby Phoenix???

The first pic Chuck uploaded of the baby is from August 2nd so around that date I guess. The exact day I don't think we'll ever know 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

The first pic Chuck uploaded of the baby is from August 2nd so around that date I guess. The exact day I don't think we'll ever know 

hahaha i think we will know in 1 year when lana's gonna make a Birthday post or sth

no cuz it really goes-

1. Honeymoon 

2. Ultraviolence

3. Blue Banisters 

-for me. i would put BB first, but i've only listened twice so i don't want to jump the gun since it's new. but she's definitely in my top 3 lana albums. :hair:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

17 minutes ago, Lustfordealer said:

the jack lovers have been real quiet lately. hes a flop wannabe one-man band. too bad he wasted so much time n songs

:true::true::true:

5 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

So we're not going to acknowledge the excellence of the 1-2 punch that is Cherry Blossom -> Sweet Carolina to finish off the album, are we?

Two of my favorites, ends the album on such a gorgeous high. :wub:

This is my favorite part of the album: two contrasting lullabies. Clearly Lana ends the record in a headspace about Chuck's unborn child. She sings one heartbreaking lullaby, assumably for an unborn child that she never had, promising to be the kind of mother that her own mom could never be. It's an old song, but one that is reflected against something brand new with Sweet Carolina. We dramatically shift tones into Lana's happiest and most loving song ever, a song about family and hope for the future. What an incredible ending.