Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Love the whole album! My favorites are black bathing suit and Thunder. The birds noises in bbs remind me of the twitter mob attacking lol. I was reading yalls descriptions of the horror violins on Thunder and so true, actually they sound like the violins in the Dexter theme song- spare the blade! I am glad there are 2 versions of the song. I adore both and this one fits the album better. 

Jared is having a mental breakdown as we speak :sass: In all seriousness, though, I can't say I don't enjoy songs that Jack has produced because that would be a lie. But there's such a clear difference in quality of instrumentals from Chemtrails to Blue Banisters. Everything feels so much more alive on BB 

imageproxy.jpg

you’re all really dragging Jack like nfr! wasn’t in your top lana albums:w8ing:

(I love Jack, glad he did what he did in nfr! and cotcc. And I’m glad he wasn’t involved in this album. Both opinions can co-exist)

Just now, wildheart said:

you’re all really dragging Jack like nfr! wasn’t in your top lana albums:w8ing:

(I love Jack, glad he did what he did in nfr! and cotcc. And I’m glad he wasn’t involved in this album. Both opinions can co-exist)

Ageee!!! Jack really did iconic work with her. I don’t get the jack hate however I think what suits Lana best is switching  up producers often, since she is very dynamic.

Compared to her latest work ( NFR , COCC) I like BB the most. It sounds like a classic. I missed her deeper vocals , the versatility in instrumentation and the experimentation with the sound and her voice. It seems to me more ambitious compared to her latest projects . All of the songs are really catchy melody-wise . The only songs that are not clicking for me still are BB and Arcadia. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

22 minutes ago, West Coast said:

It's not to say that I think a certain someone is the worst producer out there, but I find that on his work with Lana he used piano in such a basic, tinny and understated kinda way that I was just turned off by those piano driven songs. Whereas on 'Blue Banisters' the piano songs they just sound so different, they're rich, lush and intricate. I am really enjoying those piano driven songs in a way I had not on the past two albums. :true:

spilled here!!!:sass:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

26 minutes ago, West Coast said:

It's not to say that I think a certain someone is the worst producer out there, but I find that on his work with Lana he used piano in such a basic, tinny and understated kinda way that I was just turned off by those piano driven songs. Whereas on 'Blue Banisters' the piano songs they just sound so different, they're rich, lush and intricate. I am really enjoying those piano driven songs in a way I had not on the past two albums. :true:

So true bestie :true:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I get that everyone was getting tired of the Antonoff sound, but he crafted some gorgeous songs. You're just going to pretend NFR! as an album, White Dress, and Dark But Just A Game don't exist?

Lana benefits from working with a lot of different producers. I'm happy she's working with others, but Jack does not deserve the hate he's getting.

We can appreciate each producer and what they bring without trashing the others.

3 minutes ago, Desom said:

I get that everyone was getting tired of the Antonoff sound, but he crafted some gorgeous songs. You're just going to pretend NFR! as an album, White Dress, and Dark But Just A Game don't exist?

Lana benefits from working with a lot of different producers. I'm happy she's working with others, but Jack does not deserve the hate he's getting.

We can appreciate each producer and what they bring without trashing the others.

From me, it's not hate, I just don't think he was the producer for her, even though he did produce many great tracks, like 'The Greatest,' 'Venice Bitch,' 'White Dress,' and the COCC title track. 

I cannot get over this album :oprah: It's SO good I can't even process it completely. Every repeat of this album feels like a fresh new start :icant:

Spoiler

SHE

Spoiler

REALLY

Spoiler

DID

Spoiler

THAT

Spoiler

mariah-carey-crying.gif

Spoiler

B4XZ.gif