Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Just now, opheliaandthemotel said:

my friend asked me to pick a song from BB with a good guitar part for him to learn. suggestions?

The wah wahs in Living Legend :legend:

joke aside. Thunder is the only right answer

Just now, CinnamonGay said:

Is The Guardian poor or something ?? Poor noobs keep asking donations ...

It is an independent media (one of the most pretigious ones Europe wise, actually). No subscriptions and donations, no journalism.

9 minutes ago, picturebook said:

does anyone know the website where you can rank lana's songs? has the creator added Blue Banisters?

it’s https://jesseepinkman.tumblr.com/lanadelreysong and I don’t think so yet but not positive. hard to tell and I don’t see an update post for Lana 

edit: confirmed no, doesn’t look like they’ve been active since 10/13 :pft: (I actually feel so bad for them with the insane amount of requests they get to do free work so people can have fun lmao)

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

gotta say something, i don't think this new version of thunder has "hit-single" potencial as much as the old version had

but maybe the demo could be a radio mix just like west coast :oopna:

3 minutes ago, sjatib said:

It is an independent media (one of the most pretigious ones Europe wise, actually). No subscriptions and donations, no journalism.

🤡 they would get more money..if they stop slandering every artist..

Colbert whenn

11 minutes ago, picturebook said:

does anyone know the website where you can rank lana's songs? has the creator added Blue Banisters?

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I am just so obsessed with this record – it is arranged so beautifully, it is so classic in feeling, it has sophistication, grace, and maturity. The lyrics are perfect all-around. Everything I love about an album. I imagine it will become my absolute favourite.  :krylie:

1 minute ago, CmonDownToFL said:

Wait i thought Barrie sang in if you lie down with me but I didn’t hear him?

I think he only helped her write it

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

if I can list 2 negative things about the album : 

1. (not really about the album but) NFR! neon makeup era felt like the last time we saw lana being young and free and fucking crazy.. with her tight shorts, straight hair, eyeliner etc. COCC and BB is way too much introspection (which was great in cocc but overstretched a bit now) but whatever she likes... However, I do mind that she didn't continue with the NFR! era style which was so hot. I remember watching Fuck it I love you MV and thinking WOW she still has that BTD era video making style in her.. I wish it comes back.. 

2. It is so different from her attitude in the beginning where she was focused more on her art and less on the media. now it seems like there is an element of caution in her music. which restricts her a bit. I mean the critics don't even like it, so she might as well go back to her fucking crazy era you know. 

3. the interlude.................................... why is it so abrupt (my ears) :derpna3::scoff::wtf3:

18 minutes ago, picturebook said:

11 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

it’s https://jesseepinkman.tumblr.com/lanadelreysong and I don’t think so yet but not positive. hard to tell and I don’t see an update post for Lana 

edit: confirmed no, doesn’t look like they’ve been active since 10/13 :pft: (I actually feel so bad for them with the insane amount of requests they get to do free work so people can have fun lmao)

I have one I created here :) I updated it with Blue Banisters songs last night! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS