Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

This album really caught me off guard. I already said last night (in the midst of a breakdown bc my boyfriend said some really mean shit to me but Lana was there to comfort me with BB <3) I didn't expect it to be this good :flutter: I'm so content with this record! It's very cohesive imo, something I thought wasn't going to be the case at all. This is my little review (faves in bold):

Text Book: 8/10. Great opening track IMO. Only thing I still don't like is the BLM reference, feels kinda out of place and a little performative (don't come for me please, I know Lana is not a performative artist but it comes across as that because with QFTC and the accusations of being racist, seems like it's somehow "forced"? idk)

Blue Banisters: 10/10. Can't think of a better title track, this song is the embodiment of Lana Del Rey. The piano at the end makes me weep.

Arcadia: 9/10. Great melody. Loved both videos. Only thing I don't like is the mixing, in the chorus my ears hurt a little bit lol

Interlude: 3/10. Feels out of place, it's good as the ending to Arcadia's og video, not so much in the album, it doesn't go anywhere, feels pointless (I have to admit tho if I didn't know Clay had anything to do with this, I'd probably like it a bit more lol)

BBS: 10/10. UV vibes to the maximum. Love the chorus and ending so much. Also love the West Coast similarities (different tempos coming and going throughtout the song)

IFLDWM: 9/10. More UV vibes. Love it! Only thing I don't like is the "muffled" sound. Idk if it's because it's an older song but her voice is not so clear at times.

Beautiful: 5/10. Don't really like it. Still a good song but a skip for me.

Violets for Roses: 5/10. Don't like it either. Not a bad song but a skip for me. I like the message tho.

Dealer. 10/10. Fucking explosive. Love the tempo, their voices sound so hot god. The outro makes me wet. I hope Lana explores more of this type of sound in the future.

Thunder: 10/10. I already loved the demo but this has more of a Lana - Blue Banisters era sound, it goes so well with the rest of the album. A fucking masterpiece. Creepy - heavenly violins and backing vocals really did that!

WW: 10/10. Currently a skip because it's very relatable to me and it makes me cry everytime I hear it, and I can't cry everywhere I go lmao. A necessary and amazing song, helps the general public and us to understand where Lana is coming from and why she is the way she is sometimes.

NOTG: 8/10. A classic, good song from Lana. I like it ever since it leaked. Only thing I don't like is she didn't rework it. A few more instruments would have done wonders to this amazing, timeless record.

Living Legend: 9/10. Same as NOTG. Thank god she left the wawawas! One of my fave unnowreleased songs! 

Cherry Blossom: 9/10. Sweet, nurturing, lovely ballad. I understand why she put it in BB. Goes great with the closing track. A few more instruments would have done wonders to this one too! I listened to the unrealeased so much that I'm already a bit bored with it but I still don't skip it because I like that it's followed by SC.

Sweet Carolina: 10/10. One of her best closers. Some love it, some hate the "crypto forever, fuck you kevin" line. I personally love it, it's fun and sounds great with the little piano in the background. So Lana. Love the melody, simplicity and purity of the message.

Conclusion: one of my favorite records from Lana. I really needed this at this point in my life. I thank god for Lana and for music.

:wub:

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

they don’t provide scores but they really didn’t say a single negative thing, reads at least as a 9/10 I would say. 

hope it's a 100

8 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

miss COMPLEX better watch and learn. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Singer’s second album in seven months is confident, honest and arresting

851656721658413087.gif?size=96

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 hours ago, alienprincess said:

She could walk out there in a f****ing diaper 
And they're like: "Valentina! Your smile is beautiful!"...

Hide contents

love lana but let's be real her fans eat up anything she puts out

Inaccurate when it seems like all people did was shit on COCC when it first dropped.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

51 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Can you IMAGINE Lana starting out her next album with that line? I would not stop cumming.

gurl u nastieeee

but i like it *screaming in AjayII's voice*

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

19 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

"Del Rey wails with previously unseen volume, passion and frustration: “I don’t wanna live, I don’t wanna give you nothing, ’cause you never give me nothing back.” It’s a moment of pure catharsis for Del Rey — she’s never sounded better."

:scream::scream::scream:

Dealer is truly that bitch :gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

37 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

my friend asked me to pick a song from BB with a good guitar part for him to learn. suggestions?

absolutely Nectar of The Gods & Living Legend. The chords are so easy, u can just play them fluently after an hour practice! :hype:

I'm too scared to form an opinion rn as my tastes have been changing so drastically lately (NFR, an album I didn't even like before, became my fave recently :defeated:) so like who knows what my mind will think a month from now :oic2: 

But I have to say, while I love some songs on BB and don't care for some others, there's not a single BAD song here imo. It's easily a cohesive and solid album in that aspect. There's not a single BB song where I'm like "ugh, not this" and I really appreciate that! + love the photography and aesthetic of this era, easily a 10/10. She really served this era.

the way that BB is THAT butch. this album is some of her best work what the hell?  the way she never misses and gets better and better with each record i actually collapsed last night listening to this 

this album could SAVE LIVES!!! CHANGE LIVES. 038-AD695-6147-40-D1-A585-813-C575-D7-A5

i literally can’t even rank this album but my faves are: BBS, Dealer, violets for roses, WFWF, Thunder, Text book and Sweet carolina

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A