Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

1 minute ago, bornfree said:

79 on metacritic

IT'S INCREASING 

im expecting a >80 tomorrow. The delulu power NEVER FAILS!!!

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

The way I get withadrawls when I haven't listened to this album for a few hours. I'm truly  addicted to BB and cigarettes:trisha:

Wait does that mean Lana is my Dealer now:wat::lange:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The way that there's still no > 9 - 10/10 review at this point is really concerning. WHY hasnt anyone given this album a damn 10/10 for god's sake? :lange:

c'mon work on your taste!!!nicki-minaj-ears.gif

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

The way that there's still no >9-10/10 review at this point is really concern. WHY hasnt anyone given this album a damn 10/10 for god's sake? :lange:

Bc it isn’t as palatable as her last two releases mayhaps. Tragic tbh

whatarecoloris.jpg

I'm on my 3rd listen now and I love it so much :trisha:. I can't even decide which song is my favorite or my least favorite because they're all so good. I will say VFR hit me in a way I wasn't expecting, that one is definitely one of my favorites. BBS is chaotic and I love it for that, right when the bird sounds started happening I was like okay I already love it :rollin:. Love Lana's yelling in Dealer, the I gave you all my money gave you all my money I don't wanna liiiiive is stuck in my head. Thunder sounds beautiful especially the beginning. I love how the song builds up. 

Living Legend - wow I love when she mimics the guitar. Gives me chills. 

Nectar of the Gods - absolutely beautiful too. Very catchy.

Cherry Blossom - I didn't remember how the song sounded because I listened to it when it leaked however long ago, but once it started I remembered. Such a sweet sounding lullaby, her voice is beautiful and it fits right next to Sweet Carolina.

Sweet Carolina - My sister in law is expecting her first baby, so when I first heard this I thought of her. Made me tear up especially the 2nd listen, such a beautiful song for Chuck. Lana's voice is beautiful. 

------------

I suck at writing reviews for songs and I didn't even do all of them :defeated:. I'm so overwhelmed but in a good way, I just love this album from start to finish. I was worried it wouldn't flow together perfectly based on what people said but I love the placement of the songs. For me the order is perfect. Where am I gonna place this along with the rest of her work? No idea...I need more time with it to decide where it would go. But it's definitely one of my favorite albums. 

The only negative I'll say is..Spotify wtf? Sorry if people have been complaining about it and I sound repetitive, haven't been able to read through all the posts, but the quality isn't so good there. I listened on Youtube and Apple Music (the previews) and this problem seems to only be on Spotify. Hopefully it gets fixed because that's where I listen to her at. I might switch to Apple Music when I want to listen to her with headphones because the Spotify one hurts my ears. :poordat:

4 minutes ago, Marius said:

Sputnik and The Guardian are biggest rats with invalid opinions. :true:

i think there might be some misunderstanding...

Sputnik using scale of 1 to 5 therefore it rates Lana's BB 4.1/5. That means 8.1/10 on scale of 1 to 10 - It's pretty good tho

I think this is her saddest album to date. Queen of sadness has outdone herself in this department.

I don’t see how you can sit through this whole album and not feel emotionally wrecked, whether you like it or not. The fact that it’s rainy, cold, and dark here today might not be helping.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Lana is and has always been an album songwriter and her whole discography is the different stages of her life. To me, critics and scores aren’t the big picture in the end. BB might not score as high as Norman or even Chemtrails (although I prefer BB to COCC), but in a couple of years, their vision of this album might completely change, just like BTD got a much higher score 10 years later. 

I love how healing is the core of this album… and it already got me wondering what LDR9 will be about… :brows: Good thing we’re getting a cover album in between, so she might have longer to see what she wants the next one to be about.’

2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I think this is her saddest album to date. Queen of sadness has outdone herself in this department.

I don’t see how you can sit through this whole album and not feel emotionally wrecked, whether you like it or not. The fact that it’s rainy, cold, and dark here today might not be helping.

Your POV is interesting. To me, BB is all about healing… which can be painful, but there’s a lot of light at the end of the tunnel that I feel on this album. 

7 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i think there might be some misunderstanding...

Sputnik using scale of 1 to 5 therefore it rates Lana's BB 4.1/5. That means 8.1/10 on scale of 1 to 10 - It's pretty good tho

It’s user score. They (Sputnik reviewer) gave 1.5 for Chemtrails which is 30 on Metacritic and 3.7 for NFR! (68 on Meta)

giphy.gif