Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

3 hours ago, godsmonster said:

honestly, take COCC and BB and condense them into this

Wild At Heart

1. White Dress

2. Blue Banisters

3. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

4. White Hot Forever (Tulsa Jesus Freak)

5. Black Bathing Suit

6. Wild at Heart

7. Arcadia

8. Dark But Just A Game

9. Yosemite

10. Breaking Up Slowly

11. Violets for Roses

12. Dealer

13. Beautiful

14. Sweet Carolina

15. For Free

is she long? yes. but is she good? also yes.

For Free isn’t a good closer for this album. Remove that and add Wildflower Wildfire back and you got a perfect album.

2 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Can Spotify users go to https://support.spotify.com/us/article/report-content/ and report clipping issues? It only takes 2 minutes.

By clipping do you mean that high pitch noise whenever Lana sings loud? I swear it was just fixed. I'm listening now and that sound isn't there anymore. I even listened with headphones and it's gone. Waiting to see if anyone else notices.

I really noticed it with Beautiful and Sweet Carolina and they don't hurt my ears anymore. 

1 minute ago, Heartlines said:

By clipping do you mean that high pitch noise whenever Lana sings loud? I swear it was just fixed. I'm listening now and that sound isn't there anymore. I even listened with headphones and it's gone. Waiting to see if anyone else notices.

I really noticed it with Beautiful and Sweet Carolina and they don't hurt my ears anymore. 

Yes I mean that. But I checked and it is still there for me :( 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

10 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Is there any chance for Blue Banisters to secure the #1 spot on billboard 200 guys?

Elton John is kinda scary 

I mean, i feel like there’s a chance she could go #1 but it’s all up to physicals. i’ve heard people getting notifs that their vinyls are shipping so….?!

but elton is not going to block her lmfao his last record sold horribly (even WITH physicals) - and i don’t think he has vinyls this time around. he used to be able to sell super well way back then, but not now

16 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

Does anyone else feel that the Nectar of The Gods kinda drags in the context of the album and it is probably the only song that may be left off the tracklist :oprah3: 

I love every single song on this album, but I agree that NOTG could easily be deleted. I know it's her story, but that song kinda feels like it was only added because of the "color blue" lyrics. I shouldn't really complain though because my least favorite song on the album is still an enjoyable listen. I love the opening vocals/lyrics of it.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

10 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

I finally finished my "track by track review"(idk if it's even a review lol ):party: Blue Banisters truly made me write a whole bible so I put it in spoilers:bebe:Thanks to anyone who will read it:kiss::heart: remember it's just my personal thoughts 

Reveal hidden contents

1. Text Book:
This song is the perfect opener to the album. The cricket noises & the rumbling noises at the beginning are such a mood & I love that they open the album in such a interesting & kinda strange way. When I first heard TB I was shook , it almost made me cry & still it gives me goosebumps. The production & atmosphere is phenomal  & absolutely stunning. The kinda jazzy vibe dark verses are so stunning, there is  a sth like synth in the background which makes me so emotional & I love the " random noises" in the verses. The tempo change into a Get Free like chorus makes the song really interesting. The I screamed for them part - wow it makes me emotional, the outro is absolutely stunning & I love the river noises in the outro a lot, it truly makes me transcend. I love everything about this song,  even it's kinda a lot to take ( Don't mind the BLM lyric). Definetly a 10/10 song. Definetly one of my favourites even though it might be more an unpopular opinion.

2. Blue Banisters
Don't come for me but this one was my least favorite out of the three singles & is kinda my least favorite song on the album if I have to choose one. I still like this song a lot & it is not a bad song  at all.The music video made me appreciate it more. Also I like this song more within the context of the album,  it never sounded so good to me then it did on my first album listen. Also I really like the topic of healing & family + friends supporting her. I really like the second half of the song more than the first half & I have to admit that I love the "Summer comes, Winter goes,  Spring I skip " part & the outro. The instrumental is so haunting & puts me kinda in a trance. To me, the instrumental is somehow different from her other ones  even though it’s simple & has piano in it , but it has this ?synth/atmospheric noise? & it feels very cold & kinda stoic, which gives this song a major nighttime feel . For that reason I can't wait to experience the song on an icy winter night while watching the stars, I think it would suit the mood of the song a lot.

3. Arcadia
I don't know where to start but when she posted the snippet I knew it's going to be good & it was torture to wait for the full song to get released but when she did wow I was so surprised the hear the lush & soft orchestral moments, never thought we going to get an orchestral moment ever again from her. Her vocals on the chorus are so beautiful, the lyrics are beautiful & poetic kinda. Lemme say it again but those soft orchestral moments are beautiful,  kinda dreamy & sound straight out of a Disney movie. The Horns & TRUMPETS , I LIVE FOR THEM. Also the outro , I don't know what to say but it's such a subtle "revenge" in a very beautiful way.

4. Interlude- The Trio
It flows so well after Arcadia somehow. Actually it's kinda hilarious that it's on the album bc it's so out of place but that's why I love it. Such a momentum & a nice break from the stunning ballads. Also I love trap Lana & it was nice to get her back for a second  haha

5. Black Bathing Suit
The INTRO. So so beautiful,  the crows,  the birds chirping,  the piano in the back & those whistling sounds before the verse starts. Makes me feel I'm  alone at  an empty train station in an old ghost town,on a foggy,cold autumn morning with crows flying around. It captures kinda the mood of the whole pandemic somehow with the crows being kinda an apocalyptic sign. But the intro is kinda magical sounding too , like I'm in a wizard movie. Totally living for those sound effects & details , I can't appreciate them enough. Then the verse starts & wooow it's beautiful & relatable too. So interesting & surprising that this song is Grenadine Quarantine & If this is the end I want a boyfriend & so happy we know what happened with them voice notes & that we  finally got them!! Piano & instrumentation is so beautiful. And then the pre chorus starts. Immediately got goosebumps on my first listen during this part. The drums , the lyrics,  her voice , so beautiful & it sounds so Lana in the best way possible. I'm in love with the way she sings Black Bathing Suit & the "looking at me, looking over at you  real cute "part is EVERYTHING!! And then a tempo change again into the chorus,  I was so confused on my first listen haha. But the lyrics are everything. And then back to the verse which is so beautiful  sonically &  the mother line on the second verse!! And when she sings the Angel part in the pre chorus, her voice sounds like velvet. Love the " I wish you could see through my soul" line a lot & kinda  relate to it. Then the chorus comes again , her screaming/ intense vocals are an absolute highlight,  the chaotic  instrumental in the background,  the MEHEL ME WHEN YOU GET THE BLUUHUEES  part pls  so sarcastic & she is done with that shit. This whole chaotic & messy  vibe, it's one of my favourites things  Lana ever did. She channels the feelings of the pandemic & what 2020 was for her so well in this song , the way it slowly looses it's sanity & turns into sth messy & the screaming parts where she let's everything  out ( e.g "  OOOOOH LET EMM TALK ABOUT ME " ), the instrumentals I can't imagine how they came up with this idea but so glad they did. The drums on this song !! The outro , I still don't know the lyrics haha but it's everything & I want it to go on forever. Then just  the instrumental keeps going & it kinda sounds like they throwing stuff around before it ends with the very beautiful piano/keyboards only. It was a lot to take for me at my first listen & it left me confused but it clicked with me really fast.This song is my favourite song  on this album for so many aspects & one my favourite songs ever. I can't stop talking about & still I feel like I haven't appreciated it enough. My chaotic mind & soul really feel at home in this song haha. Still I'm shook after every listen. Lemme tell you again the messy/ chaotic vibe is everything.  It's so weird but in the best way possible. Truly NO ONE CAN DOES IT BETTER than her!!!

6. If You Lie Down With Me
Her & Barrie only create magic. This one of my faves of  the album too & the second it starts I get goosebumps. Her vocals on this song are so beautiful!!
I kinda get Honeymoon vibes , like it's somehow romantic & kinda dreamy
The "dance me all around the room / moon lines " make me want to have a lover / partner to cuddle & dance with during this song so bad. If I ever should marry someone I want this one as our wedding song
The last chorus is amazing, the way she sings you lie you lie!!
I love the instrumentation ( those guitar riffs in the second verse)
The Outro was such a HUGE surprise & it's absolutely stunning. Those f*cking horns & ?jazzy? instrumentals!!!  The Outro is one of my fave things she has done on this amazing album!!

7.Beautiful
This song is indeed very very beautiful. The piano  sounds like raindrops , especially in the intro. Ngl this song made me love piano a lot ,it's so interesting. Her vocals are so beautiful too. They lyrics are  one of the best on this album, I love them so much & they make me tear up a bit.  Just the thought that I will be able to turn sadness into happiness  one day is what I needed to hear in my life. I love the message a lot.
The Picasso line is so good & genius. This might be one of my piano ballads of her.

8. Violets For Roses
One of my favourites too!! This songs makes me cry. The melody is phenomal,  her harmonies in this song are so beautiful,  the production & instrumentation is gorgeous. It's such an amazing song!!
Violet reminds me a little bit of Old Money & French Restaurant
Love the lyrics a lot & can relate to them..
I was in a very toxic friendship which put me to one of my lowest points in my life,   that person tried to change me (and did) & I was not my true self anymore. I won't go more into details though bc that would be a very long post. Now I'm healing from it & being more in love with my life & myself again.  Also VfR reminds  me that you can heal & learn from bad / toxic relationships or tragic life events & that you can be in love with life again,  happier again & can be your true self. This song has a special place in my heart & arrived at a perfect time in my life.

9. Dealer
We waited more than a year for this one & finally she released it!!!  I absolutely love this song. Definetly one of my favourite songs too. Always wanted to hear sth like a screamer from her . I love her vocals on the chorus so much it's everything I ever wanted. Also I really love Miles Kane on this song. His voice is so good too. This might be one of her best collabs. The instrumental has kinda a lounge vibe to it & even though it's simple I love it alot. The outro is fucking amazing,  my curcuits are busy goodbye , my curcuits are busy you're high ..ICONIC if you ask me!!!
Her speaking voice is so good too & kinda sexy. This song is a collapse. I could listen to her screaming vocals all day long. My new smoking anthem for sure!!!
I check it , I wreck it , I turn it around  - A mood

10. Thunder
Thunder was always such a good song but the new version is even better &  phenomal.  Thunder is one of my favourites too. The build up is amazing & those added horror movie strings!!!This song is a masterpiece. I love the piano & the strings in the beginning, then the acoustic guitar comes in wow so beautiful. The strings make the song more emotional for me & sometimes I tear up  listening to Thunder. Also let me appreciate the horror movie strings again!! Love it so so much & love everything about this song!! The new version fits so well on this album,  this song is STUNNING!!

11. Wildflower Wildfire
This is lyrically one of her best ones. The stardust line  sometimes brings tears to my eyes.The lyrics & her vocal performance are what I love the most about this song.  The hot fire hot weather hot coffee part = eargasmn.  I always loved WFWF & it's an amazing song. The piano makes me feel numb but it fits the song very well & then the outro comes in & kinda feels like an explosion!!
A very important song on the album and I like it a lot!!!

12. Nectar Of The Gods
It always was one of my fave Lana unreleased  songs & it's a fave of mine on this album. It's so simple but so beautiful, raw,  haunting & special.  I always play this song while smoking a cigarette & watching the stars.  I love to lie down & watch the stars & dedicate the stars the peopIe I lost in my life...

13. Living Legend
This is another of my faves from the album & it was always one of my favourite unreleased songs too. This song is stellar but still so raw & special.  The piano in it, combined with the acoustic guitar,  her vocals & the lyrics make me super emotional & leave me crying.  A highlight is the wah wah wah part , that part is a career highlight.  It's everything,  it makes me feel so many things and then the piano in the outro after the wah wah wah part is absolute killer. If I not cried earlier to this song, this part will make me. It wrecks me emotionally every time!!
I love everything about Living Legend!!!

14. Cherry Blossom
It's such a cute lullaby & I appreciate it more within the context of the album. The melody is so beautiful . There is something special about this song too &  towards the end sometimes it makes me tear up a little bit. ( which was not the case before it was on the album ). I always imagine Lana singing this song to her younger self & wow I actually love Cherry Blossom a lot, just realized this while typing this 

15. Sweet Carolina
This song is the sweetest thing ever. Imagine someone dedicating a song like this to you. So sweet!!  The piano is hypnotic, Rob did an amazing job!!  I love Lana vocals especially when she sings baby blues. It's such a sweet & beautiful closer. 

So don't write me a letter , I'll always be right here,  closer than your next breath my dear 

Such a beautiful closing line :wowcry:

YOUR MINDDDDD :wowcry: One of my favorite reviews ever! Very nicely written and your descriptions are on point :oprah:

Here's the deal: Cherry Blossom, Beautiful, VFR, and NOTG would have been appreciated and treated as the true gems they are on COTCC:fabcat:

(they have the themes of wild and fame of cotcc, but they are also softer melodies and country-esque)

I hope Sputnik gives Blue Banisters a fair review, but I’m a bit doubtful. Half of their COCC review consisted of a long rant about how terrible White Dress is..if that tells you anything about their critics:awk:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

20 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

Does anyone else feel that the Nectar of The Gods kinda drags in the context of the album and it is probably the only song that may be left off the tracklist :oprah3: 

No way! It's about wildness like the song before, it's about the color blue like other songs, and from the instruments and the mood it fits very well.

4 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

The thought of combining Chemtrails and BB makes me cringe. Two completely different experiences and worlds for me.

It makes more sense to combine BB and UV tbh :brows:

Ultraviolence: The Blue Banisters Edition out December 5th  :brows:

Spoiler

:brows:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I am obviously just a little bit obsessed with Thunder since the unreleased version 🙃 I was terrified I wouldn’t love the released one as much or more than the unreleased version but I DO!!! I think the new swelling strings and instrumentation are more cinematic—it helps you actually picture the scene she is talking about. It feels like it could be in a coming-of-age movie when you realize a relationship with someone is ending—at a party, you glance over at them laughing with friends and thinking how you can’t remember the last time you saw them laugh or light up like that around only you. It’s heartbreaking and lends so much power to the song. I am so grateful. I have it on repeat :crying4:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, littleseashell said:

It makes more sense to combine BB and UV tbh :brows:

Ultraviolence: The Blue Banisters Edition out December 5th  :brows:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels a weird similarity between UV and BB that is hard to explain.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I haven't caught up completely on the thread yet, so no idea if anyone's done something similar, but...

I made two 9-track playlists as kind-of alternate takes on the album (because I love fucking with tracklists way too much...) 

The first is ARCADIA: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1X88dtqrBEh1yBhSqVy256?si=5e5bd11d36ca4971

-all the new, original songs from Blue Banisters. I haven't changed the sequencing, but I might mess with that later

Then... THE NEXT BEST AMERICAN RECORD: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0KbP5OOTyCr21wU82hVnXJ?si=7abf7da331f74960

-we've received a lot of songs 'from the vault' over the past three records, so they're all collected here. It's kind of split into side A/side B to me -- with TNBAR and all the TLSP tracks on the first half, and Yosemite and the Barrie tracks on the second. So, not only does it function like the Unreleased album we never received, but also fulfills the 'yin-yang' dynamic TNBAR and Yosemite were always meant to have ;)

Hope you enjoy! I'm digging the album -- Dealer's kind of a game-changer, pretty obsessed

o4qjp4j.png

6 minutes ago, littleseashell said:

YOUR MINDDDDD :wowcry: One of my favorite reviews ever! Very nicely written and your descriptions are on point :oprah:

:oprah: Awww thank you sweetheart:kiss:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: