Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I hope Sputnik gives Blue Banisters a fair review, but I’m a bit doubtful. Half of their COCC review consisted of a long rant about how terrible White Dress is..if that tells you anything about their critics:awk:

and white dress is literally a career highlight

1 minute ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

I haven't caught up completely on the thread yet, so no idea if anyone's done something similar, but...

I made two 9-track playlists as kind-of alternate takes on the album (because I love fucking with tracklists way too much...) 

The first is ARCADIA: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1X88dtqrBEh1yBhSqVy256?si=5e5bd11d36ca4971

-all the new, original songs from Blue Banisters. I haven't changed the sequencing, but I might mess with that later

Then... THE NEXT BEST AMERICAN RECORD: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0KbP5OOTyCr21wU82hVnXJ?si=7abf7da331f74960

-we've received a lot of songs 'from the vault' over the past three records, so they're all collected here. It's kind of split into side A/side B to me -- with TNBAR and all the TLSP tracks on the first half, and Yosemite and the Barrie tracks on the second. So, not only does it function like the Unreleased album we never received, but also fulfills the 'yin-yang' dynamic TNBAR and Yosemite were always meant to have ;)

Hope you enjoy! I'm digging the album -- Dealer's kind of a game-changer, pretty obsessed

Looks like the playlists are set as private, can’t see them, just an FYI! But it sounds like such a cool concept :) 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

I love every single song on this album, but I agree that NOTG could easily be deleted. I know it's her story, but that song kinda feels like it was only added because of the "color blue" lyrics. I shouldn't really complain though because my least favorite song on the album is still an enjoyable listen. I love the opening vocals/lyrics of it.

i thought this as well at first. but its placement right after wildflower wildfire makes me feel like it has earned its place. 

i mean the fact that the word "wild" is used a lot in both songs is part of it.

but she mentions a "cruel world" as well in both of them, back to back.

and it just feels like, to me, that shes saying "i promise not to turn into anything that burns you, but i also will continue to be myself and go wild on you mf. i'm gonna race down the freeway and call you until you pick up. "

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

1 minute ago, Frangipani said:

I better see you all on here in 10 mins! :heart:

LET'S GO BABY

u need a banner?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, EndlessSummer said:

I think they manually add the score themselves on metacritic but they gave chemtrails 88 and nfr 90

is this review better than the one they gave for chemtrails?

11 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels a weird similarity between UV and BB that is hard to explain.

I get that, too, oddly enough. Those two albums feel... heavier than her others? Or have more weight to them? They're also sort of smoky and bluesy.  Whisky, fire, contemplation... :wowcry: :oprah: :sky:

For me, the album tracklist is

1. Text Book

2. Black Bathing Suit

3. If You Lie Down With Me

4. Violets for Roses (and I want to have a go at adding some orchestral drums and cymbals to it)

5. Dealer

6. Thunder

7. WFWF

8. NoTG (Moonchild version)

9. Living Legend (Moonchild version, tysm @Glitter Boy)

10. Cherry Blossom (which I might try adding strings and slight orchestral to)

And that's a damn good album :smokes2:

3 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I get that, too, oddly enough. Those two albums feel... heavier than her others? Or have more weight to them? They're also sort of smoky and bluesy.  Whisky, fire, contemplation... :wowcry: :oprah: :sky:

That might be it. They feel the most.. honest? Not that her other albums aren't, but you know what I mean.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I feel like Honeymoon and Blue Banisters speak to each other in some respect. There is the more visible synergy between Ultraviolence and Blue Banisters, but Honeymoon and Blue Banisters are both – in my opinion – Lana's most deliberate self-examinations.

Honeymoon is more abstract and sensory in its reflection, whereas Blue Banisters is more lyrically dense and empirical. These are shaping up to be my top two favourites :wub: