Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Okay I'm still trying to recover from my first listen of the album, especially since I was utterly destroyed by the final song, but I just want to say now that this is one of her best records to date. There's not a single song where I felt ehhh about - and while finding an “eh” song is already rare with LDR records for me actually, every song on this record is just otherworldly. I want to give the whole project a few more listens throughout the next day before I come back to share my final thoughts, but wow... she really did that x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 hours ago, Elle said:

Okay I'm still trying to recover from my first listen of the album, especially since I was utterly destroyed by the final song, but I just want to say now that this is one of her best records to date. There's not a single song where I felt ehhh about - and while finding an “eh” song is already rare with LDR records for me actually, every song on this record is just otherworldly. I want to give the whole project a few more listens throughout the next day before I come back to share my final thoughts, but wow... she really did that x

Exactly bestie!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I had to pop back in just for a second because If You Lie Down With Me was mentioned in a Blue Banisters promo TikTok...it has to be the next single 

(Don't quote me on this for sure I just saw the screenshot on Twitter, so idk if other non-singles were mentioned)

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Thunder said:

This is the love child of the best parts of Honeymoon, Ultraviolence and Chemtrails over the Country Club. 

Wait, this is such a good comparison! For me, it has the languid dreaminess of Honeymoon, the raw feel of UV, and the down-to-earth poeticism of COCC. The elements in instrumentation are even reminiscent of them as well. Your mind:oprah:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 hours ago, Elle said:

I just finished my first full listen too and, I just don’t have the words right now. I’ll express later but I was definitely scalped at many moments. 

3 minutes ago, Greenwich said:

ngh - is Chuck having a boy or a girl, because maybe Carolina is the name? 

I'm a little high it's just my theory haha

It was a baby girl and they gave her a boy's name - Pheonix. :lange:

Just now, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

It was a baby girl and they gave her a boys name - Pheonix. :lange:

boys name? they named that baby after a city have some respect