Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

2 minutes ago, caughtuboy said:

I HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SAY... i think she sounds just like Jennifer Coolidge when she says "cuz" in Black Bathing Suit

I will never be able to unhear that:toofunny: it made me laugh though lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I will never be able to unhear that:toofunny: it made me laugh though lol

it's just like... the diction is identical it makes me laugh so hard. I love the song but i have a hard time taking it seriously because it's all i think about :crai:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, nosorangegrape said:

Beautiful is good. The "problem" is that it's very generic and could be done by any other artist. Even Lana's usage of "blue" in the song is the mainstream conventional idea - sadness/unhappiness.

I dont think any other artist could pull off the emotion or the way her voice makes us cry in Beautiful

This album is so good, had VERY low expectations considering the singles + leaked songs but she made it work :defeated: some way… Completely blew Chemtrails (and to an extent— NFR) out the park for me. No more Jack Antonoff albums :smokes:

One of my favorite LDR albums to come out since like Honeymoon :party:

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif

9 minutes ago, cherri said:

This album is so good, had VERY low expectations considering the singles + leaked songs but she made it work :defeated: some way… Completely blew Chemtrails (and to an extent— NFR) out the park for me. No more Jack Antonoff albums :smokes:

One of my favorite LDR albums to come out since like Honeymoon :party:

cherri! We missed you, so glad to see you back here to celebrate BB with us! :spin: hope you've been keeping well <3 

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

cherri! We missed you, so glad to see you back here to celebrate BB with us! :spin: hope you've been keeping well <3 

:heart: I’ve missed all of you lovelies too <3 happy to be back! Hope everyone here has been staying happy and healthy in the meantime!! :hype:

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif

I've been scrobbling my spotify and I've had the album on repeat and full play throughs since midnight last night and I have nearly 24 full play throughs!! How many streams is significant, should I continue the playing while I sleep

Bear with me, but I had a neat observation: after listening to BB, I think it’s interesting how frequently Lana ends a record by explicitly emphasizing femininity (often directly with the titles) and her interpretation of it. 

This Is What Makes Us Girls closes her debut record with supercut-like imagery of the friendship dynamics with women in her early years. The standard version of Ultraviolence does something similar in closing with a cover of The Other Woman, offering a less unified approach to TIWMUG’s love-centric expression.  

Lust For Life ends with Get Free, a track that defies the very love reliance she punctuated BTD and UV with, thereby adhering to this commitment for the women she felt were impacted by it: Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston. In its entirety, it’s almost an ode to women and their liberation from toxicity. 

In NFR, hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have…BIHI—both in the title and its content—directly confronts her position as a woman that has been submerged in a world that often felt hopeless. 

COCC (an album designed to clarify and embrace her femininity) completes her narrative with a cover alongside two women she reveres in their artistry, even allowing one of them to have the last note on the record. 

Her recent release seems to continue this pattern with the heartwarming, irreverent ballad Sweet Carolina. The track is a reassurance to her sister, a promise of constancy as she emerges into the commitment of motherhood. 

Whether intentional or not, I really found this trend interesting. You could make similar arguments for Paradise and Honeymoon touching on this as well, but I felt the other records encompassed femininity a bit more directly. Let me know what you think!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

11 hours ago, brandon said:

its called that bc chucks name is caroline  :deadbanana::rip: lmaooo

I know but I'm very specific with names, and Caroline is much nicer than Carolina. I'm weird

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Bear with me, but I had a neat observation: after listening to BB, I think it’s interesting how frequently Lana ends a record by explicitly emphasizing femininity (often directly with the titles) and her interpretation of it. 

This Is What Makes Us Girls closes her debut record with supercut-like imagery of the friendship dynamics with women in her early years. The standard version of Ultraviolence does something similar in closing with a cover of The Other Woman, offering a less unified approach to TIWMUG’s love-centric expression.  

Lust For Life ends with Get Free, a track that defies the very love reliance she punctuated BTD and UV with, thereby adhering to this commitment for the women she felt were impacted by it: Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston. In its entirety, it’s almost an ode to women and their liberation from toxicity. 

In NFR, hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have…BIHI—both in the title and its content—directly confronts her position as a woman that has been submerged in a world that often felt hopeless. 

COCC (an album designed to clarify and embrace her femininity) completes her narrative with a cover alongside two women she reveres in their artistry, even allowing one of them to have the last note on the record. 

Her recent release seems to continue this pattern with the heartwarming, irreverent ballad Sweet Carolina. The track is a reassurance to her sister, a promise of constancy as she emerges into the commitment motherhood. 

Whether intentional or not, I really found this trend interesting. You could make similar arguments for Paradise and Honeymoon touching on this as well, but I felt the other records encompassed femininity a bit more directly. Let me know what you think!

This is an amazing observation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Is there anywhere else besides Spotify that we can listen to this for free? This is ridiculous.. they better fix it. Unless this is how it is everywhere else? I've seen a bunch of other posts like this

Edited by Greenwich
added last two sentences