Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

10 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Is If U lie down with me from 2013 or 2020???

Both! I think Barrie’s involvement and general comments about working with Lana again suggest it was written in 2013, but it must have been heavily reworked or repurposed completely, as Drew Erickson also has credits on it, and Lana and Barrie allegedly had a session together earlier this year. So my guess is written in 2013, but produced in 2021 (the vocals are difficult to tell, they sound very 2013 but also very recent at times. I’m thinking the verses were recorded in 2021, but chorus was recorded in 2013, or something like that)!

25 minutes ago, Greenwich said:

Do any Nicole Dollanganger songs think the violins (?) in Thunder sound like the ones in Lacrymaria Olor? :) Is there actually a name for this type of sound? It's been years since I've played the cello. It sounds like the violins are crying it's so beautiful

oh my god yes, the first time my bf and I listened (we're both ND fans), we both thought of lacrymaria olor. mostly because of the way it plays the same notes as her lead vocal in the chorus. but it was very satisfying to listen to.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Thoth said:

Can Spotify users go to https://support.spotify.com/us/article/report-content/ and report clipping issues? It only takes 2 minutes.

Ok they responded really quick!

"Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We’ve checked it out and see what you mean, so we’ve passed it on to the Content team for review. Hopefully, they’ll have this sorted for you soon. Please be aware this could take several weeks to be reflected in the app.

We greatly appreciate you getting in touch to help make Spotify better.

Thanks!"

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Complex hasn't dared to rate Blue Balls yet:krylie:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

The way I decided yesterday to go to bed earlier than usual & she went live like 30 minutes later:trisha::rollin:

Spoiler

I DON'T WANNA LIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEAH:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I'm so, so, so happy she decided to choose Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend, and Cherry Blossom over Fine China, Yes to Heaven and I Can Fly. Can't stop thinking about how this was quite possibly the best decision she has ever made. The album would have been a straight up 6.7/10 instead of the 9.5/10 it is. :lange:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

One of my friends is going through a breakup right now and I didn’t know what else to do to help her except for plug Lana’s new album to give her music to cry to LOL. I gave her a playlist consisting of 3 sections to help guide her through it - Blue Banisters, Violets for Roses, If You Lie Down With Me, and Wildflower Wildfire for when she wants to cry about it, Dealer & Black Bathing Suit for when she’s ready to be mad about it, and Beautiful & Sweet Carolina for when she’s ready to move beyond it. (Of course Sweet Carolina makes me sad and cry just bc of how I associate it with my own life, but it’s a happy positive song in spirit)

The writing on this album is truly perfect for guiding someone out of a rough time, through every step of the journey, beginning to end. It almost makes me wish I was sad right now so I could use this album as a guide path as I did with NFR, but I’m gratefully among the happiest times of my life. For now, I’ll be listening to this album & reminiscing of all that I’ve gone through and gained over these past 2 years as I pulled myself out of my own darkness x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

25 minutes ago, Obduration said:

Blue Banisters

NFR!

Honeymoon

AKA

Ultraviolence

Chemtrails

Born to Die

Paradise

Lust for Life

:smokes:

Ultraviolence

Born to Die

Paradise

Lust for Life

NFR!

Honeymoon

Blue Banisters

Chemtrails

I hate Folk-Lana to a god damn passion. I wish she would go back to proper production and leave the moaning over a piano era behind.

11 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I'm so, so, so happy she decided to choose Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend, and Cherry Blossom over Fine China, Yes to Heaven and I Can Fly. Can't stop thinking about how this was quite possibly the best decision she has ever made. The album would have been a straight up 6.7/10 instead of the 9.5/10 it is. :lange:

Fine China, Yes to Heaven & I Can Fly are straight up better than NOTG, LL & CB. I'm glad she didn’t waste them on this album though. The album is a 3/10 for me. Her second worst after COTCC. 

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

Ultraviolence

Born to Die

Paradise

Lust for Life

NFR!

Honeymoon

Blue Banisters

Chemtrails

I hate Folk-Lana to a god damn passion. I wish she would go back to proper production and leave the moaning over a piano era behind.

I’m just not 14-16 anymore and don’t relate to her older albums like I used to. I like her evolution and think BB and NFR showcases her strongest singer songwriter capabilities.

ALSO Blue Banisters has dealer so instant #1 for me:hooker:

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

Fine China, Yes to Heaven & I Can Fly are straight up better than NOTG, LL & CB. I'm glad she didn’t waste them on this album though. The album is a 3/10 for me. Her second worst after COTCC. 

Very much disagree, both on a lyrical and musical basis. Sorry that you aren't enjoying the folkier sound.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.