Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

14 minutes ago, issgouding said:

you all what is that word she said she never mention it before and it's kinda her story on this album ? i bet it's bansiters :air:

I thought it was about her mother? Cause she said it explained a lot about her, and the lyrics on WFWF kinda matches that??? :um2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I assumed that "mother" was the word Lana was talking about never using before too (although technically she said it in Old Money so I think she meant more that she'd never used it in the way she did on this album), which makes the songs where she says it almost more heartbreaking. This album is purely Lana's story and that's something that is present in every single song. The insight we did get on the album in general in the livestream, although it wasn't a lot, was really interesting to me. 

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

Kevin is Chuck’s stupid boyfriend, the “fuck you Kevin” is a playful joke upon making fun of his unironic bro-like obsession with crypto, not an actual attack!

Thanks! I do get the playful part but it didn’t make sense to me because I thought Chuck was still with Keegan Allen 😅

zXzLCRU.png

my ranking

I love them all :defeated:

Spoiler

1. Violets for Roses

2. Black Bathing Suit

3. If You Lie Down with Me

4. Text Book

5. Arcadia

6. Dealer

7. Living Legend

8. Wildflower Wildfire

9. Thunder

10. Blue Banisters

11. Nectar of the Gods

12. Sweet Carolina

13. Cherry Blossom

14. Beautuful

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

4 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

Kevin is Chuck’s stupid boyfriend, the “fuck you Kevin” is a playful joke upon making fun of his unironic bro-like obsession with crypto, not an actual attack!

chucks boyfriends name is jason tho :rip:

3 hours ago, COCC said:

The fact that there is not a single line about not being a candle in the wind :brows:

Not only no line about being "a candle in the wind,' but no other classic rock references whatsoever, as far as I can tell. I have no problem with such references if they're genuinely clever, or especially meaningful, but on the last couple of albums they've become way too obvious, and it cheapens the whole concept. 

13 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Not only no line about being "a candle in the wind,' but no other classic rock references whatsoever, as far as I can tell. I have no problem with such references if they're genuinely clever, or especially meaningful, but on the last couple of albums they've become way too obvious, and it cheapens the whole concept. 

I've gone back and forth on if the "lie la lie"s in IYLDWM are a reference to Simon & Garfunkel "The Boxer." I always think of it. I can't see a thematic connection between the songs, but it's such a well-known chorus, I'm sure she would've had it in mind.