Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

41 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

text book is hideous please

The only song on the album next to BBS, Dealer & Thunder that has anything going on.

7 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Lana reworks a song and everyone has a meltdown over changed lyrics and production choices they aren't happy with

Lana doesn't rework a song and she should have changed it up a bit 

:ma:

That’s because she changes the songs that didn’t need it and didn’t change the songs that needed it. :ma:

These Youtubers (Ajay, Steven and poet girl idk her name) need to stop having lives and upload their reactions already :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

OMG

Rolling Stone gives her another 8/10

Damn, this era is giving 8/10 energy

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 hours ago, Vertimus said:

Not only no line about being "a candle in the wind,' but no other classic rock references whatsoever, as far as I can tell. I have no problem with such references if they're genuinely clever, or especially meaningful, but on the last couple of albums they've become way too obvious, and it cheapens the whole concept. 

she references nirvana's lithium and pink floyd's comfortably numb in WFWF

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Sweet Carolina conjures up a very very specific image for me. It sounds like a song that soundtracks the end of a series or movie where it’s played in its entirety to a montage of long shots of a sentimental moment of a dysfunctional family eating dinner on Christmas or Thanksgiving. Something like The Sopranos or Goodfellas ⚰️ It’s so tender 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

The way that BB has only been out for 2 days but has already passed my streams of BTD-P in my all-time Last.Fm listens (includes all my streams of the tringles & Arcadia pre-release which gave it a huge boost since I’ve only been scrobbling since 2017)! :hype:

now my streaming order, most to least, is below—which is oddly different than I would personally rank her records from best to least best (cause they’re all beauties!):

NFR

Chemtrails

LFL

Honeymoon

UV

BB

BTD-P

what’s the order of your most to least listened Lana albums?

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

The way that BB has only been out for 2 days but has already passed my streams of BTD-P in my all-time Last.Fm listens (includes all my streams of the tringles & Arcadia pre-release which gave it a huge boost since I’ve only been scrobbling since 2017)! :hype:

now my streaming order, most to least, is below—which is oddly different than I would personally rank her records from best to least best (cause they’re all beauties!):

NFR

Chemtrails

LFL

Honeymoon

UV

BB

BTD-P

what’s the order of your most to least listened Lana albums?

On my last fm, I have the same order as you, except Blue Banisters isn't close to reaching Paradise just yet. LFL is at the bottom of my personal ranking, but because of the amount of tracks, it is my third most played. NFR + Chemtrails have a lot of replay value. Honeymoon is a favorite of mine, but I have to listen to it all the way through which is why we both have similar stats I would assume

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, issgouding said:

she aready sung ""mother"" on old money so it's not this one

“Hospitals” on wildfire has always stood out to me. What does she mean 😮

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, TextBook said:

She explained a lot of her old lyrics with VfR

Roses are Lana's love for her boyfriend(s)

Violets are Lana's sadness/pain when her boyfriend(s) leave her

"I love rose gardens
I plant violets every time someone leaves me"

- My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There Are Children at the Foot of my Bed

"Roses, Bel Air

Take me there

I've been waiting to meet you"

- Bel Air

"There are violets in your eyes,

There are guns that blaze around you

There are roses in between my thighs"

- Honeymoon

Why are you calling it a filler :facepalm:

Cause while lyrically it might have some meaning to it, it’s a boring and tuneless song.

Here's my ranking so far if anyone cares. 

Spoiler

1. Violets For Roses 

2. Black Bathing Suit

3. If You Lie Down With Me

4. Blue Banisters

5. Arcadia

6. Thunder

7. Dealer

8. Wildflower Wildfire

9. Text Book

10. Sweet Carolina

11. Beautiful

12. Cherry Blossom

13. Nectar of the Gods

14. Living Legend

15. Interlude

I hate ranking them though because I love all of them. I put the interlude last because Lana doesn't sing in it, but it's so fun when the song comes on. It gets me pumped for the rest of the album. So yeah...I still love every single song. This album is amazing..I can't stop listening to it :trisha:

16 minutes ago, Thunder said:

On my last fm, I have the same order as you, except Blue Banisters isn't close to reaching Paradise just yet. LFL is at the bottom of my personal ranking, but because of the amount of tracks, it is my third most played. NFR + Chemtrails have a lot of replay value. Honeymoon is a favorite of mine, but I have to listen to it all the way through which is why we both have similar stats I would assume

Love it! That makes sense. I listen to Honeymoon the most at bedtime because it makes me feel serene :agree: I secretly love LFL and listen to my favorite songs from it a lot but don’t discuss it much because LFL lovers get trashed :true:

giphy.gif

As I continue to listen to the record, I'm really seeing all the pieces of her story fit together perfectly.

While some songs are older (the historical significance of which simulate a more 'anthological' feeling), I actually think the story she tells on this record begins in 2020 and ends in 2021, even though she digs into the roots of her existence a bit. The universality of the older songs she chose actually applies to her current life (what we are privy to, at least) perfectly.

I'm thinking of writing a longer post that dissects this a bit further – I think I'll post it here, and hopefully everyone sees the narrative a bit more clearly too! I had an inkling about this, as I'm sure many of us already did, but the things she said about her personal life in the livestream yesterday somewhat confirmed it. I'm really excited thinking about the record now and this makes me love it even more (as if that was possible!) :party:

I THINK I'M A DEALER STAN NOW :lange: :lange: :lange:

I GET LOST IN THE ETHER

Hillary Duff Dancing GIF - Hillary Duff Dancing Dance - Discover & Share  GIFs

I GAVE YOU ALL MY MONEY, GAVE YOU ALL MY MONEY, GAVE YOU ALL MY MONEY, GAVE YOU ALL MY MONEY...

giphy.gif

I DON'T WANNA LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVEE

I DON'T WANNA GIVE YOU NOOOOOOTTTTHIIINGG

CXKVVUK.gif

WHY CAN'T YOU BE GOOD FOR SOMETHING?

NOT ONE SHIRT OFF YOUR BACK

mbWIpuR.gif

ALL CIRCUITS ARE BUSY, GOODBYE

ALL CIRCUITS ARE BUSY, YOU'RE HIGH

giphy.gif

WGe8ynS.gif

ARCADIA

1. Text Book
  2. Arcadia
  3. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
  4. Wild at Heart
  5. Black Bathing Suit
  6. White Hot Forever
  7. If You Lie Down With Me
  8. Yes to Heaven
  9. Fine China - Dan A Mix
  10. Thunder
  11. Breaking Up Slowly
  12. Dealer
  13. Dark But Just a Game
  14. Wildflower Wildfire
  15. White Dress

Album of the Millenium

14 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

As I continue to listen to the record, I'm really seeing all the pieces of her story fit together perfectly.

While some songs are older (the historical significance of which simulate a more 'anthological' feeling), I actually think the story she tells on this record begins in 2020 and ends in 2021, even though she digs into the roots of her existence a bit. The universality of the older songs she chose actually applies to her current life (what we are privy to, at least) perfectly.

I'm thinking of writing a longer post that dissects this a bit further – I think I'll post it here, and hopefully everyone sees the narrative a bit more clearly too! I had an inkling about this, as I'm sure many of us already did, but the things she said about her personal life in the livestream yesterday somewhat confirmed it. I'm really excited thinking about the record now and this makes me love it even more (as if that was possible!) :party:

Please do! I'm intrigued by this.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

36 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

“Hospitals” on wildfire has always stood out to me. What does she mean 😮

I think it’s hospitals too!!! The word she was talking about on the live that she’s never mentioned but says it tells the whole story but ‘it’s not only hers to tell’ or something?

6 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

ARCADIA

1. Text Book
  2. Arcadia
  3. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
  4. Wild at Heart
  5. Black Bathing Suit
  6. White Hot Forever
  7. If You Lie Down With Me
  8. Yes to Heaven
  9. Fine China - Dan A Mix
  10. Thunder
  11. Breaking Up Slowly
  12. Dealer
  13. Dark But Just a Game
  14. Wildflower Wildfire
  15. White Dress

Album of the Millenium

Thank youuuuu! The only one of these I’ve seen that keeps DBJAG 🙃 I would also keep Yosemite and DTWD tho hahaha

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Cause while lyrically it might have some meaning to it, it’s a boring and tuneless song.

VfR literally one of the best songs on BB but i guess not everyone can have good taste its okay :sluttybunny:

image.png