Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

39 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

what does she mean by "thanks for the shoes" in bbs? is she talking about people making fun of her wearing the same shoes all the time :rip:

I think she means that with the money she made from people constantly talking about her aka free publicity -from her weight to her political views- she bought some expensive ass shoes, so she's thanking the haters: your interest really made stacks :hooker: so thanks for that!

11 minutes ago, May said:

arcadia would’ve been a better title but i don’t think it would’ve fit the album at all . when I think of arcadia as an album title I think concept album , fully fleshed out and lots of effort into high budget music vids to help create the ‘world’ of the album . and huge , grand music production :lolliney: we can only dream

Kinda disagree on that one, though I love Arcadia. The main theme of this album, to me, is healing and in no way is it better expressed than on BB. Plus there is the word blue on it, that transcends the whole album. To me, BB was the perfect album title choice. 
edit: ok, just reread the whole thing and we’re saying the same thing :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, UhaulJ0e said:

Aside from Drake who is at 1, Lana is set to outsell the current number 2 spot (they just debuted at 2 with 18,000). Drake and Elton seem to be her main competition, but if someone with 18,000 can debut at 2, then Lana will still have a pretty decent debut 

https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

68k not 18k. A debut in the top 10 is the best-case scenario at this point. 

2 hours ago, lover said:

well since you mentioned it :hooker:

Aries: Thunder

Taurus: Violets For Roses

Gemini: If You Lie Down With Me

Cancer: Cherry Blossom

Leo: Text Book

Virgo: Black Bathing Suit

Libra: Arcadia

Scorpio: Living Legend

Sagittarius: Nectar Of The Gods

Capricorn: Dealer

Aquarius: Wildflower Wildfire

Pisces: Beautiful 

Reveal hidden contents

and no it literally does not matter whether yall like the song I associate with "ur sign" or not

aquarius being wildflower wildfire is right :wipe:

mUENGN9.png

2 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

68k not 18k. A debut in the top 10 is the best-case scenario at this point. 

Sorry meant to say that they did 18,000 this week at number 2

"Don Toliver's second album, Life of a Don, debuts at No. 1 on Billboard's Top Album Sales chart (dated Oct. 23), selling 18,000 copies in the U.S. in the week ending Oct. 14"

I think my favorite little tidbit of information we got on the livestream yesterday was that Arcadia was originally written as a poem right after her and Sean broke up. I really hope we get to listen to Lana talk more about the album, there's always so many interesting behind the scenes facts about each one

imageproxy.jpg

For the first time, I cannot choose a favourite song. I have realized that every single song serves such an important purpose on this record, that I feel it is unfair to put them in a hierarchy like that (for myself, personally). There’s such a real merit to this autobiographical edge she’s leaned into, that I know will make it my absolute favourite by far; the writing on it is enough for it to climb to my #1 spot, and the show-stopping vocals and gorgeous, full, pastoral production just drive it all the way home. WOW. :wowcry: 

This album gets better and better with each listen. It really may be my favorite LDR to date. Text Book is such a gripping opener, and each of the following songs goes deeper into her heart and story. I don't care how old the song is, Nectar of the Gods is a masterpiece :wowcry:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Anyone criticizing the discussion of sales humbly shut the fuck up, Lana’s success and the amount of records she’s been able to sell with the type of music she puts out has always been one of her greatest accomplishments as an artist 

Seeing that the sales for the record being predicted are terrible, its really sad. In the Lust for Life era she was playing arenas and then downsized to not even selling out music halls in her last tour which is kinda worrying, I know Lana does enjoy success and this narrative that she “doesn’t want to be a big name artist” is just like not true at all. She seems to revel in the fact that she’s never been the conventional pop star and still has enough pull on the culture to sell records above her contemporaries and fill venues that the greats she looks up to also fill with hundreds of thousands of fans

I always thought that despite “being all about the music” it was reassuring to her that authenticity still has a place in mainstream culture seeing how big of an artist she is was* and having millions of people celebrate the art she puts out into the world, whereas someone like Katy Perry who produces soul less music rightfully flopped after desperately trying too hard to top the charts

I also think alot about what she said on instagram last year about how she’s “changing the world” through her music and its obvious with these last few albums that she’s feels a responsibility use her large audience and great influence to tell her stories to change the world but then its like she acts like she wants her audience and influence to fade?? Whatever that change is she wants to make, whether its for her own karmic lineage or the fight for fragility and femininity or even maybe its a metaphysical one, its like how are you gunna influence change in the world with less and less people listening to the message you want to spread

i do think she could've had a stronger 1st week sale if the vinyls counted. but i also think her label at some point is going to have to deal with that and she's going to have to make a "sucessful" album kinda like what happened with lust for life

Dealer music video in the style of Twin Peaks with a guy in a motel trying to reach Lana & taking drugs & starting to hallucinate & seeing lana come in and turn into a 3 headed demon trying to eat him while Miles Kane merges out the wall still behind the wallpaper singing the chorus while little kareoke scenes of them singing in a lounge play every now and then I would like to see it

qfrWuBl.png

It’s crazy cause even in a haze Lana’s intelligence always shines through her projects.. it’s always there. I love how this is an ‘album for the critics’ in a sense that she’s not actually trying to ‘get revenge’ or whatever that means.. she’s just being herself and singing about all the things she loves in the ways she loves to sing them. The drugs, affairs, daddy issues, karmic lineage, astrology, submissiveness, strength/being a woman, being free, America, etc... if you noticed Sean, Barrie, Clay and maybe even K or someone in that era...(the dealer lyric insinuates someone from a while ago.. most likely while she was in NYC) and songs embracing being a single woman and embracing family and friends.. it’s really clever. Just undeniably Lana... also not to mention almost every song mentions ‘Blue’ at one point or another... Lana’s just a blue bird.. you can’t take that away from someone.. so I love how she brings it in and turns it out all by herself. She just stopped giving a fuck and I think that’s beautiful !