Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

4 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Dealer music video in the style of Twin Peaks with a guy in a motel trying to reach Lana & taking drugs & starting to hallucinate & seeing lana come in and turn into a 3 headed demon trying to eat him while Miles Kane merges out the wall still behind the wallpaper singing the chorus while little kareoke scenes of them singing in a lounge play every now and then I would like to see it

oh my god the vision. i would also incorporate yellow wallpaper to drive home the concept of descent into madness :hair:

mUENGN9.png

Imagine if one day labels collectively stopped sharing how much records and songs sell :teehee:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I remember when COCC dropped it didn't feel like a new Lana album has dropped. It felt like it was just an extension of something, it felt like a little side thing she just dropped. Like NFR lite.This album however truly feels like a new Lana album. Even tho literally Nothing is happening this era promo wise, it just feels like everyone's actually listening and more excited for it than when COCC dropped. I love COCC but I was kinda just like "oh ok this is cute" when it dropped and was mainly just listening to DBJAG and TFJ lol, but when BB leaked dropped I was just constantly listening to it on repeat and I still am.

qfrWuBl.png

I'm going to willingly expose myself as the asshat I am, because after repeatedly expressing my disappointment with the album yesterday, I am happy to say that it has grown on me significantly.

My top 3:

1. Dealer
  2. Black Bathing Suit
  3. Nectar of the Gods

Also, I feel this lyric SO hard:

“Crypto forever,” scrеams your stupid boyfriend
Fuck you, Kevin

I canNOT put up with the crypto tech bros. They're exhausting.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Okay so! In her Instagram live video, Lana was asked what made this record different from her others... she said there was one word / aspect woven into one of the songs which she has never spoken about before and that it pretty much explains everything... guys what is this? I was thinking maybe cherry blossom because I think it's about a miscarriage she had, and that's why she didn't put Fine China on the tracklist because they were both about the same thing but I'm not sure... what could possibly explain everything about her on blue bannisters that she hasn't spoken about before???

i’m curious if the sales predictions are taking vinyls into account or not since they weren’t expected to ship this week (and i’ve seen quite a few people get their yellow vinyls)

also tbh i hate the “if she doesn’t care you shouldn’t either” argument! like girl idgaf i love her and i like seeing her at the top of the charts idc if she cares or not 

12 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I'm going to willingly expose myself as the asshat I am, because after repeatedly expressing my disappointment with the album yesterday, I am happy to say that it has grown on me significantly.

My top 3:

1. Dealer
  2. Black Bathing Suit
  3. Nectar of the Gods

Also, I feel this lyric SO hard:

I canNOT put up with the crypto tech bros. They're exhausting.

Don't worry about it. I still have the title of clown of the album release when I legitimately thought that I really disliked the record on my first listen. Then it "grew on me" to say the least on my second listen. :awkney:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Sweb92 said:

Okay so! In her Instagram live video, Lana was asked what made this record different from her others... she said there was one word / aspect woven into one of the songs which she has never spoken about before and that it pretty much explains everything... guys what is this? I was thinking maybe cherry blossom because I think it's about a miscarriage she had, and that's why she didn't put Fine China on the tracklist because they were both about the same thing but I'm not sure... what could possibly explain everything about her on blue bannisters that she hasn't spoken about before???

I'm guessing that it has something to do with her family. I'm not sure what the particular word or phrase was that she was referring to though.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

5 minutes ago, brandon said:

i’m curious if the sales predictions are taking vinyls into account or not since they weren’t expected to ship this week (and i’ve seen quite a few people get their yellow vinyls)

also tbh i hate the “if she doesn’t care you shouldn’t either” argument! like girl idgaf i love her and i like seeing her at the top of the charts idc if she cares or not 

!!!

As much as I love this album, it doesn't feel like a true album era without an album trailer. :( 

It helps to bolt down the album aesthetic imo.

It's why I associate the beach with NFR.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

2 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

As much as I love this album, it doesn't feel like a true album era without an album trailer. :( 

the aesthetic is her backyard

8 minutes ago, Sweb92 said:

I felt after and during the live yesterday she meant "rage" or "mad" 

she seemed to be hopeful in the live, but at the same time - quite accepting of her current headspace, as being a bit filled with fire. she refereed to herself as a "recovering alcoholic" and "ADD" and kept mentioning how it is currently kinda difficult (relationship/innner life) and how lots of people are also feeling this way currently its "in the air" 

I also feel like in Violets for Roses ("I hate that") and Beautiful ("and im glad im not") lines feel very snappy/witty/snarky in a self loving way, like a "I dont fucking need you, fuck you Kevin" vibes 

2 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

yeah i definitely agree, even with chemtrails we had a little teaser for the title track mv which helped do that. 

idk i really wish we had at least one big budget mv this era but i just don’t think that’s gonna happen unless her label sees dealer going viral and pushes her to do one for it 

i just watched the insta live, lana said this album is like a stepping stone to getting at something more. she didnt seem that enthusiastic about the album imo... it sounds like theres something bigger to come.

This is a very mature album. I get very emotional listening to If You Lie Down With Me. Recently I've become distant with a friend who I was in love with (not in a romantic way though). I sent him a link to this song. I know he wants me back but he isn't mature enough to admit it. Who else agrees this is her best album??