Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

You know, I was just thinking about how Lana said she couldn’t go home last night because of the paparazzi and had to stay at a hotel.

”I can’t sleep at home tonight, send me a Hilton Hotel…” :oprah2:

30 minutes ago, wildheart said:

all text book stans are elite:fabcat:

stanning the best song on 'Blue Banisters' since the getgo :w8ing:

I’m not sure specifically who looks into Lana’s birth chart, or if anybody does, but there is a lot to say about it. Lana is a Scorpio Rising, we all know she is a Cancer with a Leo Moon. It’s often believed that we’re put through this life to get to who we truly are, our sun sign. As children and young adults we often represent our moon sign, because we act more on emotion. Lana is a Leo moon. Leo placements have GRAND energy and WILL be noticed. They have the ability to be seen and to be thrown into a world of the public eye. Think of Lana as a younger star, attracting a plethora of people. Gaining witness. Let’s move onto Scorpio Risings… I found this on them

You spend so much time in the lower vibration investigating darkness and taboos because your mission is to turn darkness into light. It’s teaching others how to turn their shadow into light by sharing your own personal journey of healing and transformation. You haven’t had an easy life.

One of the biggest challenges is to not get caught in confrontations, but instead to transmute the energy of volatile situations. With Scorpio the individuality we fought so hard for dissolves into the light of the soul and oneness.

One of the greatest things about Scorpio is your willingness to dive as deep as possible to uncover the root of an issue. So, let me help you here. The root of fear is your inability to tell reality from illusion. Fear is false evidence appearing real. Your ego is an illusion, your soul is the reality. The shadow is the illusion, the light is the reality.” 

Lana continues to transform and she mentions this about her “karmic lineage” on the album and has posted it before. I find it so beautiful. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Sweb92 said:

Okay so! In her Instagram live video, Lana was asked what made this record different from her others... she said there was one word / aspect woven into one of the songs which she has never spoken about before and that it pretty much explains everything... guys what is this? I was thinking maybe cherry blossom because I think it's about a miscarriage she had, and that's why she didn't put Fine China on the tracklist because they were both about the same thing but I'm not sure... what could possibly explain everything about her on blue bannisters that she hasn't spoken about before???

I think it’s “hospitals” 🥺🥺🥺 I truly do - I think that’s why she’s giving such careful consideration to the composition/release of BTIG, because that’s the first time she’ll really tell at least part of that story.

Yesterday on the live, she said the poems are “unflattering” to her - since the Guardian’s “I wish I was dead already” incident, I think she knows what a field day the press will have with painting her out to be some kind of irrational lunatic when that’s so far from the truth of mental health situations (which I assume she’s talking about in BTIG given her allusions to it but could be wrong).

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I think it’s “hospitals” 🥺🥺🥺 I truly do - I think that’s why she’s giving such careful consideration to the composition/release of BTIG, because that’s the first time she’ll really tell at least part of that story 

Yesterday on the life she says the poems are “unflattering” to her - since the Guardian’s “I wish I was dead already” incident, I think she knows what a field day the press will have with painting her out to be some kind of irrational lunatic when that’s so far from the truth of mental health situations (which I assume she’s talking about in BTIG given her allusions to it but could be wrong).

Hospital makes sense

With lithium came poetry

Maybe this is how she started writing, which would indeed explain it all!

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

i do think she could've had a stronger 1st week sale if the vinyls counted. but i also think her label at some point is going to have to deal with that and she's going to have to make a "sucessful" album kinda like what happened with lust for life

idk i kind of think she's a legacy artist for her label at this point (or whatever label she moves on to, if she ever does). she may never get pop star sales but she sells steadily and does big streaming...i don't see them trying to sell her as a hot young thing anymore (even though she's young, in the popstar world she's not).

3 hours ago, Super Movie said:

I think my favorite little tidbit of information we got on the livestream yesterday was that Arcadia was originally written as a poem right after her and Sean broke up. I really hope we get to listen to Lana talk more about the album, there's always so many interesting behind the scenes facts about each one

sean or clay? she didn't specify that i remember?

aOaIzH2.gif

3 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

Am I the only one who still thinks Blue Banisters is such an underwhelming album title?

ARCADIA was right there, Lana.

i'm with you, i don't particularly like it on its own– banisters is such a weirdly utilitarian word– but it makes a lot of sense considering the themes of BB the song, which i think reads like a thesis for the world record.

aOaIzH2.gif

45 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

I'm sorry but Beautiful and Violets for Roses are her most beautiful piano ballads...:makeup: but Arcadia and Sweet Carolina are amazing as well

:true:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Arcadia makes no sense to me as a title of this record. It holds connotations of fantasy, when this album is anything but. It is a raw, vulnerable look at her story. Blue Banisters has conviction and paints a picture of the record being very earthly, away from the fantastic. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Violets for Roses is just amazing. One of her best ballad to date. I just love the lyrics here. Even though there are better songs sonically, this is my favourite. It’s sweet, enlightening and definitely something I wholeheartedly relate. Especially the line a simple life, I chose this :wowcry:

nF70D0F.png