Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

15 minutes ago, Icecream Icequeen said:

Violets for Roses is just amazing. One of her best ballad to date. I just love the lyrics here. Even though there are better songs sonically, this is my favourite. It’s sweet, enlightening and definitely something I wholeheartedly relate. Especially the line a simple life, I chose this :wowcry:

The melody on that track is just...her mind :wowcry:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

thinking about the potential for a dealer vid..

i can already see like a super moody, dark vibe with lanz walking down the street at night listening to miles voicemail, calling him back and absolutely screaming his ear off and having a mini breakdown while miles is all drunk/drugged out in a dimly-lit-by-neon-lights bar or something… imagine :defeated:

Perhaps it was just my connection while driving but NoTG sounded fucking awful on Spotify earlier today, especially after Text Book (shuffle :oic2:) and all of the intricacies in that track. I know it's a YouTube rip but damn ma... I wonder if there's a way we can petition to replace the versions on streaming like that one user did for the weird glitch at the end of NAWWAL?

8V7Yvel.png

2 hours ago, 1212 said:

i just watched the insta live, lana said this album is like a stepping stone to getting at something more. she didnt seem that enthusiastic about the album imo... it sounds like theres something bigger to come.

It seemed like she liked the album, but I swear to God, by the way she was acting I got this feeling like she already has another album up her sleeve. she's always miles ahead of herself and we always have no clue about it. :thumb3:

Va0r.gif

Lana and her friends in 30 years still dancing to the backbeat playing just for her 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

As much as I love this album, it doesn't feel like a true album era without an album trailer. :( 

It helps to bolt down the album aesthetic imo.

It's why I associate the beach with NFR.

I agree and people will defend the absence of one (as always) but it really doesn't take much effort to make one 

The next era sounds like it'll be even quieter if it's a digital release only

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

me when black bathing suit gets to the bad girls part

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

16 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

The next era sounds like it'll be even quieter if it's a digital release only

tbh i wonder if when she said “next record” she meant the covers album, because that would make a lot of sense as a digital only album - and i feel like her label would def let that slide (also she told us that would be digital only when she mentioned it a year ago iirc)

in terms of actual ldr9 tho? i feel like her label will make her do vinyls just bc of how well they sell

24 minutes ago, brandon said:

tbh i wonder if when she said “next record” she meant the covers album, because that would make a lot of sense as a digital only album - and i feel like her label would def let that slide (also she told us that would be digital only when she mentioned it a year ago iirc)

in terms of actual ldr9 tho? i feel like her label will make her do vinyls just bc of how well they sell

She might be going indie if her contract is over. Big record companies are not about digital only. This is why I say she should get a bandcamp account so every purchase goes directly to her. 

Also, don't know if this was already posted. 

I want to articulate something, I feel like while I prefer this album immensely over COTCC, a few songs from COTCC are like untouchable. Like White Dress, COTCC, Wild at Heart are just like elite and while BB has serious bangers, they never touch the height of these songs.

does anyone have similar feelings? Like BB is a better album/experience, but COTCC has some utterly beautiful songs?

11 minutes ago, wildheart said:

I want to articulate something, I feel like while I prefer this album immensely over COTCC, a few songs from COTCC are like untouchable. Like White Dress, COTCC, Wild at Heart are just like elite and while BB has serious bangers, they never touch the height of these songs.

does anyone have similar feelings? Like BB is a better album/experience, but COTCC has some utterly beautiful songs?

oh i agree 100% - BB is a great album to listen to all the way through and it has some super great tracks, but it’s highs aren’t as good at chemtrails. 

cotcc, tjf,  wild at heart, & dark but just a game are just too good 

3 hours ago, Lustrouslines said:

I’m not sure specifically who looks into Lana’s birth chart, or if anybody does, but there is a lot to say about it. Lana is a Scorpio Rising, we all know she is a Cancer with a Leo Moon. It’s often believed that we’re put through this life to get to who we truly are, our sun sign. As children and young adults we often represent our moon sign, because we act more on emotion. Lana is a Leo moon. Leo placements have GRAND energy and WILL be noticed. They have the ability to be seen and to be thrown into a world of the public eye. Think of Lana as a younger star, attracting a plethora of people. Gaining witness. Let’s move onto Scorpio Risings… I found this on them

You spend so much time in the lower vibration investigating darkness and taboos because your mission is to turn darkness into light. It’s teaching others how to turn their shadow into light by sharing your own personal journey of healing and transformation. You haven’t had an easy life.

One of the biggest challenges is to not get caught in confrontations, but instead to transmute the energy of volatile situations. With Scorpio the individuality we fought so hard for dissolves into the light of the soul and oneness.

One of the greatest things about Scorpio is your willingness to dive as deep as possible to uncover the root of an issue. So, let me help you here. The root of fear is your inability to tell reality from illusion. Fear is false evidence appearing real. Your ego is an illusion, your soul is the reality. The shadow is the illusion, the light is the reality.” 

Lana continues to transform and she mentions this about her “karmic lineage” on the album and has posted it before. I find it so beautiful. 

I also want to add, she's on the Gemini-Cancer Cusp (The Cusp of Magic), which means she was born on a day when the sign changes. She also mentions it in her live that she is half Gemini. And if you read their personality traits, you can see how much of these she covers/shows on this album (and also talked about it in her recent live):

Spoiler

"Have an acute sensibility to the moon. Their moods will usually even change with the Moon's. Have a keen interest to learn more about their heredity and ancestors. They make great family care takers. Are very loving, warm and humble. They take care of those around them whlie being humble about it."

"These cuspers need some to love and take care for. Without that, they can be needy."

"Loves being around genuine people and having that "special someone" around"

"Generally, they don’t rely on others and like to do everything on their own. But still, these people sometimes are very needy and want people around them to rely on. These people are the most loving and romantic ones. They love to help and nurture others and give strong emotional support to their dear ones when they need them. "

"They are excessively fond of children. They love the comfor of family."

"Sensitive to critism even though they seem so strong and sure to those that don't know them well."

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

41 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I can’t believe I didn’t like this when it leaked

i think I was just in a bad mood

literally every song is a 10

when will I escape her grasp over my mind

4067A7A2-D433-499B-9468-EDAD598F96FA.gif

“i think i was just in a bad mood” lmao meeee asf :omfg2:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

1 hour ago, wildheart said:

i 100% know what you mean. like COCC has immediate nostalgic songs but BB is like a different vibe. def not nostalgic right off tha bat but songs that really just mak u think. like the whole album is personal asf like white dress. it just feels vulnerable and amazing. i’m pretty sure i know:ma:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A