Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

4 hours ago, wildheart said:

I want to articulate something, I feel like while I prefer this album immensely over COTCC, a few songs from COTCC are like untouchable. Like White Dress, COTCC, Wild at Heart are just like elite and while BB has serious bangers, they never touch the height of these songs.

does anyone have similar feelings? Like BB is a better album/experience, but COTCC has some utterly beautiful songs?

bb itself, bbs especially outro, living legend are these songs for me tbh but ya there are indeed kinda heavenly warmness and intimateness in chemtrails' vocals with its home atmosphere i really agree, and im really happy they are 2 different albums 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

After listening to this album non-stop for two days, I am ready to give my opinions. Arcadia is the only skip for me, I love the chorus and production but lyrics turn me off. Every other track is incredible. However, as some of you mentioned before, it feels more like a mixtape than a cohesive album. I hope she takes her time off, find a new inspiration and maybe works with someone new for the next record. That being said, nothing changes the fact that she is the BEST singer/song-writer of this century and none of her cheap impersonators can even come close to her. None of them.

Top 3: If You Lie Down With Me, Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend.

16 minutes ago, ioncewaspoisonivy said:

After listening to this album non-stop for two days, I am ready to give my opinions. Arcadia is the only skip for me, I love the chorus and production but lyrics turn me off. Every other track is incredible. However, as some of you mentioned before, it feels more like a mixtape than a cohesive album. I hope she takes her time off, find a new inspiration and maybe works with someone new for the next record. That being said, nothing changes the fact that she is the BEST singer/song-writer of this century and none of her cheap impersonators can even come close to her. None of them.

Agreed. It’s no coincidence that every time she collaborated with someone new, she created some of her best work.

What makes BTD and UV so good and so special was that by the time they got to the production, the songs were already somewhat finished and they could focus on sewing them together to the cohesive, yet individually distinguishable masterpieces they were. She said herself that Dan A. reignited the flame inside of her. Before UV she was already somewhat burnt out after non-stop recording music for 3-4 years straight.

I personally believe that right now would be the perfect time to release some actual unreleased songs mixtapes. Her unreleased catalogue is going viral and we know some of her favourite tracks are in there. She wouldn’t even need to try to fit them into a new album which always feels somewhat inauthentic and out of place.

NOTG, LL, CB sound good on Apple Music. I don’t pretend to be the best at hearing all the differences / mistakes on a song, but those three might sound not as clear as the rest of the album (a tad), but the end of WFWF (where the production is intentionally more « blurry ») makes the transition just fine. 

7 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

NOTG, LL, CB sound good on Apple Music. I don’t pretend to be the best at hearing all the differences / mistakes on a song, but those three might sound not as clear as the rest of the album (a tad), but the end of WFWF (where the production is intentionally more « blurry ») makes the transition just fine. 

it sounds ok until Sweet Carolina starts playing and you feel like your ears just unplugged themselves 

I think it's safe to say that this album is definitely among her best. After COCC, I have to admit that my expectations were very low, and I was worried for this album. But she came through again. This has a very raw and unpolished feeling to it, which I like. Not everything is hitting me on first listen though. It took me a while to appreciate Black Bathing Suit; The horns on IFCLD add a nice touch to end the song, Dealer, well.. she kinda grew on me and makes more sense in the context of the album. Thunder was a very pleasant surprise. Those opening strings are heavenly and her vocals shine throughout the song. One of her all-time best for sure. Anyway, my top 3 for now: Thunder, If You Can Lie Down, Violet for Roses.

7 minutes ago, your dealer said:

Violets for roses has me in a hold right now. Haven’t been able to get it out my head. It’s such a delicious song :true:

this song gives me Video Games vibrations. :krylie: i dont know why...

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

53 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Fucking hate TikTok, but can’t deny how much of a powerhouse it is. Dealer is charting… 😱

I’ve seen a couple vids of it with 200k+ likes already . If it keeps growing it’ll do wonders for this album

RVhKIwP.gif

8 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

So, what are your projections for the album sales? UK and US markets, what do you think? :willcut:

Anyways,

Hide contents

FUCK YOU, KEVIN

I saw a projection of 24-26k in US. :bebe:

giphy.gif