Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

How was I not a fan of NOTG before?? it’s literally been playing in my head all morning long… I think I still need more time to fully appreciate the chorus, but the verses touch me so much, they’re gorgeous. Crazy how much the song makes sense within the context of the album

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

9 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

How was I not a fan of NOTG before?? it’s literally been playing in my head all morning long… I think I still need more time to fully appreciate the chorus, but the verses touch me so much, they’re gorgeous. Crazy how much the song makes sense within the context of the album

It is a song  that creeps up on you,  I like the song but ‘I get wild and fuckin' crazy like the color blue’ feels a bit generic and cheap lyrically…it’s classic recycled Lana. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

19 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It is a song  that creeps up on you,  I like the song but ‘I get wild and fuckin' crazy like the color blue’ feels a bit generic and cheap lyrically…it’s classic recycled Lana. 

We know she reuses words and phrases a great deal--I hope, for example, that she never writes another song with 'beautiful' or 'beauty' in the title.

A lot of people thought what is now called 'Nectar of the Gods' was 'Wild One' due to the similarity of the lyrics.

'Black,' 'blue' everything, 'pools' or 'by the pool,' 'wild,' 'fuck'in crazy,' guns, drugs, older men/daddy, flowers of all kinds, the beach and the ocean----these are words, symbols, phrases and ideas Lana loves. 

We haven't seen the 'Queens of Saigon' in a while. 

16 hours ago, Frangipani said:

NOTG has the perfect ending

'once I found my way but now I am lost'

It's meant to end abruptly because it conveys the message of the last line and the song as a whole, it's not supposed to give closure.

Plus, we know that NOTG was very likely written before 'Not All Who Wander Are Lost,' so she was lost, but has now come to an understanding about herself and her current path; "not all who wander are lost." 

48 minutes ago, Marius said:

I saw a projection of 24-26k in US. :bebe:

She deserves much more :bebe:

4 minutes ago, lanasgirl said:

just moved into my new apartment, introducing myself to the new neighbours by blasting BB over and over again, windows open :omfg2::grinds::hype:

We love that for you :thankyou:

45 minutes ago, Taylor Secman said:

Why did she literally have to deactivate her fucking socials, like what is her problem

Main issue is the vinyls being delayed. The social would have maybe helped some but the nail in the coffin so to speak is the lack of her primary physicals this first week. 

3 minutes ago, DLT said:

Main issue is the vinyls being delayed. The social would have maybe helped some but the nail in the coffin so to speak is the lack of her primary physicals this first week. 

On the other hand, maybe this will help her with longevity :legend:

5 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

On the other hand, maybe this will help her with longevity :legend:

Very true! She’s still going to sell the same amount but it will just be spread out. While she may not be recognized as successful by “gp” standards she still does very very well for the type of artist that she is. Literally nobody else could do it like her with the same circumstances lol!