Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

So after listening to the album more, this is how I think I would rearrange the tracklist

1. Text Book (I've grown to love it as the opener)

2. Blue Banisters

3. Arcadia

4. If You Lie Down With Me

5. Interlude - The Trio

6. Black Bathing Suit (this might be unpopular but I love BBS after the interlude)

7. Dealer

8. Beautiful 

9. Violets for Roses

10. Thunder

11. Wildflower Wildfire 

12. Living Legend

13. Nectar of the Gods

14. Cherry Blossom 

15. Sweet Carolina 

imageproxy.jpg

20 minutes ago, ShaneLanaFan said:

I think Textbook and BB really set the mood for the album. Back to HM/UV sound. Just my opinion though. 

I agree! I think Dealer, IYLDWM, BBS, Thunder and TB give me UV vibes with the sound, Arcadia definitely gives HM vibes

23 minutes ago, ShaneLanaFan said:

I think Textbook and BB really set the mood for the album. Back to HM/UV sound. Just my opinion though. 

also, welcome to LanaBoards :beyonce:

14 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

yall really gonna get worked up over someone with an anime profile picture who is most likely between the ages of 10 and 14? y’all……….

Either that or it’s one of those cringey gay guys that say extreme shit for attention. big yawn.

This and we all know which is the superior album (and discography)

55 minutes ago, DLT said:

Very true! She’s still going to sell the same amount but it will just be spread out. While she may not be recognized as successful by “gp” standards she still does very very well for the type of artist that she is. Literally nobody else could do it like her with the same circumstances lol!

Exactly :makeup2:

52 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

As long as Flopde stans don't go on twitter and call out the sales numbers....

We don’t care about them period :gurl:

I relate to VFR so much. The line “Ever since I fell out of love with you, I fell back in love with the city/the streets“ speaks to me as much as the title track does. I went through a breakup in February and started hating the city I live in, I was so uncomfortable walking down the streets knowing my ex was never going to walk them with me anymore, and step by step, as I was moving on, I rediscovered the city, and how beautiful it is. And sometimes it feels like the neon lights are sparkling for me, just like Lana thinks the Paramount sign sparkles for her

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

56 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

the album is better sonically without Text Book and BB.

I come back after a long time and this is the first thing I have to read with my own two eyes? I'm bouncing.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

2 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

How was I not a fan of NOTG before?? it’s literally been playing in my head all morning long… I think I still need more time to fully appreciate the chorus, but the verses touch me so much, they’re gorgeous. Crazy how much the song makes sense within the context of the album

I’m glad the song found its way through you :) This song was always in my top 5 of her unreleased :flutter: When she sings the ooooooohh part in harmony, it’s some of her best vocal deliveries ever. I always pictured myself listening to that song on the beach, by a bonfire. It’s so magical. 

2 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

How was I not a fan of NOTG before?? it’s literally been playing in my head all morning long… I think I still need more time to fully appreciate the chorus, but the verses touch me so much, they’re gorgeous. Crazy how much the song makes sense within the context of the album

Girl I completely feel this, I never used to listen to it but I think the only change Lana made for the album version is actually injecting heroin into the song or something, it's addictive and delicious

I’m consumed by this record in a way that hasn’t been present since Honeymoon 🥺🥺🥺 The run of  Dealer to Living Legend is perfect. And I cannot get the melodies from BBS and VFR out of my head :wub: 

Anyways, and now I’m being serious, I don’t care about sales that much. I was just asking & wanting to have some chat with you, especially cuz marketing is a field that captures my attention (also in my professional life). But in the end it’s really not relevant! Not at all! Of course I’m happy if Lana has recognition because I do believe that she is tremendously underrated, and it’s fun to break records, but at the same time I know that what matters is the music… and about that, my friends, we ALWAYS win. It is a very superficial, post-modern liquid behavior to associate one’s talent with their commercial success. It is so, so dumb. I would always rather have commercial flops but excellent albums than the contrary.
Thanks for your attention, end of my little TEDTalk :smirk::lmao:

Now everyone go back streaming Sweet Carolina and cry :bebe:

The only song that I just can't feel 100% is WW. Those annoying clicking noises that start halfway through the song annoy me since day 1 and the song loses me there. If the whole thing was like the first half I think this would be one of my favorites :icant:

2 minutes ago, rabbit said:

I’m consumed by this record in a way that hasn’t been present since Honeymoon 🥺🥺🥺 The run of  Dealer to Living Legend is perfect. And I cannot get the melodies from BBS and VFR out of my head :wub: 

Same, I really thought Lana had lost me after COCC but then she came back and released her best album :icant:

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

As long as Flopde stans don't go on twitter and call out the sales numbers....

Bah who cares? The new Billboard rules are stupid AF and sure were never meant to be in a pandemic situation, with vinyls getting delayed for every artist and with a jammed-packed fall schedule. Lorde had the good idea to release before the big fall rush.
But in the end, even for GP, We all know which album is superior :true:

5 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

everyone talking about how we don't have a cherry/cinnamon girl/tulsa jesus freak on the record but that's honestly dealer

I love all of those songs, but I had never noticed that there wasn’t a clear « successor » to those on BB… That’s how good this freaking album is. 

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

We know she reuses words and phrases a great deal--I hope, for example, that she never writes another song with 'beautiful' or 'beauty' in the title.

A lot of people thought what is now called 'Nectar of the Gods' was 'Wild One' due to the similarity of the lyrics.

'Black,' 'blue' everything, 'pools' or 'by the pool,' 'wild,' 'fuck'in crazy,' guns, drugs, older men/daddy, flowers of all kinds, the beach and the ocean----these are words, symbols, phrases and ideas Lana loves. 

We haven't seen the 'Queens of Saigon' in a while. 

I’m actually disappointed their is no ‘Candle in the Wind’ on this album :crossed:

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance