Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

9 hours ago, wildheart said:

I want to articulate something, I feel like while I prefer this album immensely over COTCC, a few songs from COTCC are like untouchable. Like White Dress, COTCC, Wild at Heart are just like elite and while BB has serious bangers, they never touch the height of these songs.

does anyone have similar feelings? Like BB is a better album/experience, but COTCC has some utterly beautiful songs?

Yes! As as whole, I prefer BB, but, just like you said, White Dress and the title track are in another level of greatness. 

Other fan bases making fun of Lana for doing only 30k when their fave is struggling on there 3rd album.  I’d like to see Halsey or Billie do next to zero promotion, disable social media still sell 200k on an 8th album…them girls would drop fast. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Other fan bases making fun of Lana for doing only 30k when their fave is struggling on there 3rd album.  I’d like to see Halsey or Billie do next to zero promotion, disable social media still sell 200k on an 8th album…them girls would drop fast. 

Yes...Copysey or Bullie Eyelash can only dream of even making 10 albums in 10 years.

Lol.

See u Lorde in 2027. Adele 2030 😭😭😭

14 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

:thumb3: I’ll add to that that Billie and Halsey both have strong pop vibes to their « alt », which helps them get played on radio (by the way, no way Halsey could have released her latest in the beginning, it’s her least «accessible » album to date). Lana is a singer songwriter. What she does is art, with very little consideration in making her songs sound like « singles ». She is bold to keep on doing music that she loves without seeking a commercial sound. And yeah, she is incredibly successful when you line up the facts like you did! 

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

:thumb3: I’ll add to that that Billie and Halsey both have strong pop vibes to their « alt », which helps them get played on radio (by the way, no way Halsey could have released her latest in the beginning, it’s her least «accessible » album to date). Lana is a singer songwriter. What she does is art, with very little consideration in making her songs sound like « singles ». She is bold to keep on doing music that she loves without seeking a commercial sound. And yeah, she is incredibly successful when you line up the facts like you did! 

Once again, I totally agree with you :flutter:

6 minutes ago, brandon said:

Here we go again bashing other female artists just because their fans are being annoying :pls:

We are not bashing them, we are just pointing out the immaturity of (some of) their fanbase, and spilling facts about Lana's importance in the musical industry - which is merely objective. 

Now, having said that, 

Spoiler

Floper Fower sucks so bad it hurts :creep:

Guys. We really do need to organise a streaming party. Is there any way to ask other fandoms to participate?

Dealer & IYLDWM are having their moments. Let's do something for them!!! :justride2: If we play the cards right, Blue Banisters might secure its #1 spot on Billboard 200 next week.

LWchGcY.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I’m so conflicted with Dealer… I love Lana’s part so bad and how sultry the production is, but I really cannot stand Miles Kane’s voice…

I now understand how frustrating it was for the people who liked Breaking Up Slowly but didn’t like Nikki’s voice. At the end of the day, we cannot force ourselves to appreciate every singer in the world, but I wish I could play Dealer more often without having to directly skip to Lana’s legendary screaming part

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

everyone talking about how we don't have a cherry/cinnamon girl/tulsa jesus freak on the record but that's honestly dealer

Besides 'Cherry' that's only really great live, I never thought the other two were that great tbh—they're just kinda there for me. 'Dealer' is above it all honestly. :smile3:

8 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I’m so conflicted with Dealer… I love Lana’s part so bad and how sultry the production is, but I really cannot stand Miles Kane’s voice…

I now understand how frustrating it was for the people who liked Breaking Up Slowly but didn’t like Nikki’s voice. At the end of the day, we cannot force ourselves to appreciate every singer in the world, but I wish I could play Dealer more often without having to directly skip to Lana’s legendary screaming part

I’m a tlsp fan so I love Miles and I love dealer but I do wish Lana had a bigger part in it

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

1 minute ago, CmonDownToFL said:

I’m a tlsp fan so I love Miles and I love dealer but I do wish Lana had a bigger part in it

Yeah I too wish she was singing more than just the chorus and backing vocals in the outro, honestly with Miles singing on the majority of the song it would’ve fit better on one of his records

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

38 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

LOL Lorde is my bae but didn't she do load-shit of promo before Solar Power, as well as Halsey and every other "alt-pop gurls" who came to the scene after Lana paved the way for them herself.

Plus, this is Lana's 2nd project this year. Her last era was literally 6-7 months ago lol... idk why these twitter stans twinks are acting like their favs could ever dare to do what Lana is doing.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing